Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-25-2003, 02:48 PM   #16
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

tigereyes33 is on a distinguished road

One more pic. I don't know if ya'll have heard of the Tiger Walk, but it's a pretty big deal, especially on the day of Bama games. It is when the players walk down a street into the stadium about 2 hours before kickoff. Anyway, there were about 20,000+ people there and here is a pic. of part of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiger walk.jpg (44.9 KB, 45 views)
tigereyes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:46 AM   #17
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

I hope Ohio State plays Auburn in a bowl now.

Our teams are better, our rivalry is better.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:33 AM   #18
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

I'm with you, 33, on this one. As a Gopher's graduate...I NEVER wish well on Wisconsin or Iowa, and I damn sure never cheer for them on anything. Same with being a Noles fan. I take great pleasure in Florida and Miami failing. I would LOVE for them to go to a bowl game and get punked by a "lesser" team.

I'm a Vikings fan, and my best friend is a Packer fan. When they play each other, they sometimes need to seperate us.

My opinion of the whole Michigan/OSU rivalry just took a nose dive reading this "lovefest" between these two groups of fans. At least on JT the Brick, the national fans still call in and say "Michigan Sucks." and "OSU sucks" to at least save SOME face for the rivalry.
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
FSUViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 03:45 AM   #19
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

LOL Christ. Okay, have all your rivals get their ass kicked by teams like Indiana, Illinois, and Duke. When "your team" gets thrown out of a National Championship game, like USC might if LSU wins out, because of strength of schedule I don't want to hear anyone complaining. I bet every USC fan is burning up that Auburn didn't live up to it's potential and now that win means **** and the PAC 10 only has one other team in the Top 25.

I think I have stated my feelings toward this as best I can and if you have actually read the post I have made on this matter you might be able to understand that my hatred for OSU is just as strong as everyone else's rival but I also understand that if OSU plays like **** then that doesn't help UM in the polls and you can throw the ****in rivalry straight out the window because it wouldn't mean nothing.

If OSU wasn't as highly ranked as they were then UM wouldn't have jumped to 4th in the BCS with a long shot at the title game.....

Let the Bucks win all the games they can so Michigan looks that much better when they beat their ass.

I guess you guys care more about your rivals losing than your team getting better rankings, bowl games and possible championships.

Last edited by Aristides; 11-26-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 04:00 AM   #20
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

I never cheer for Michigan unless it benefits Ohio State. I don't get angry when Michigan wins (except against OSU of course). However if Michigan loses I just laugh at them. Aristides hit it right on the money, if your rival does good and you beat them it not only makes you look better, but its a more satisfying victory.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:38 AM   #21
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

I want for Auburn to bury Alabama every single year, and I want Alabama to lose every single game every single year. To me, I don't really care if people like Michigan fans think the win over Bama by Auburn means anything because they don't understand. It means everything, it means the season, it means recruiting, it is everything. And every time Auburn loses to Alabama it makes me sick and I hate them even more, and never want them to win a game again. In a big hate-filled rivalry like Auburn vs. Alabama I could care less the records or how much it shows about our team to everyone else, just beat them and I and every other Auburn fan will be very happy. I just can't imagine actually pulling for Alabama in a game.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:01 AM   #22
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Purple, who's a bigger rival to Minny - Iowa or Wisky? I would think WIsky, but I'm not sure.

TIGER: Which would you rather happen on a given Saturday (you can only pick one), Auburn wins, or Alabama loses (they aren't playing each other)?

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:35 AM   #23
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

That's a tough one, probably Auburn winning, but if Auburn and Alabama lost, it is not a bad Saturday.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:36 PM   #24
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

Kevin....definately Wisconsin. 113 consecutive years (longest in 1-A)....original Paul Bunyans Ax is now in the CFB HoF....plus, is carries over into other sports besides football. Mainly, hockey.

Quote:
I guess you guys care more about your rivals losing than your team getting better rankings, bowl games and possible championships.
Well, since 1990...FSU has 2 NC...Michigan and OSU each have 1. FSU was ranked in the top 5 for an NCAA record 14 consecutive years. Went wire to wire #1 in 1999....been to a BCS Bowl Game every year of the ****ty BCS......

This year will be the first year that a FLORIDA school will not play for the NC. The first three years was FSU in the title games, the last two were Miami.

So, I guess I can have my cake and eat it too.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:09 AM   #25
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

No you can't. Because your rivalry game isn't good.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:15 AM   #26
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

And how, exactly, was anything said here a "lovefest"??? All I did was say Michigan played well and deserved to win. Just because I can acknowledge truth doesn't make our rivalry bad.

And yes, if Michigan plays USC I will root for Michigan. Number one, Michigan winning the Rose Bowl is good for the Big Ten. Number two, I'm sick and damn tired of hearing the stupid west coast numbnuts running around saying how damn good USC is. They lost to Cal. And they lost two games last year, and still they won't shut up about how good their team is and how they deserve a title shot. Well they're not that good and they don't deserve a title shot, and I want to see them embarrassed. That's all.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:15 AM   #27
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

How the hell is USC not good? They score over 40ppg and that loss to Cal was in triple overtime. Matt Leinart is putting up better numbers than his predacessor Carson Palmer did and Carson was the Heisman winner and Matt is a freaking freshman.

Mike Williams is the top 1 or 2 WR's in the game.

Enlighten me with your wise insight as to why they DON'T deserve a title shot.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:30 AM   #28
tigereyes33
War Damn Eagle!!!!

True that. True that. I just can't believe Ricky, if you hate Michigan so much, why in the hell you would want for them to win the Rose Bowl. That would be a great moment for Michigan, I don't see why their hated rivals would want that. And I hope USC wins the Sugar Bowl just for you Ricky.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:57 PM   #29
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

USC plays in the weakest of the big confrences. So that makes it hard to say they are better than teams like LSU who also have 1 loss in a stronger confrence.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:12 PM   #30
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

Exactly Nick. That's why a few people aren't jumping on that USC band wagon just yet. Hopefully they get beat by OS and play UM in the Rose Bowl. Would looooovvve to see that game.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote