Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 01-25-2006, 07:41 PM   #61
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndo
A Kings team who very likely won't even make the playoffs this year. Something needs to change in Sacramento, and I had good hopes for this trade. Artest is a wild card, but I think he could have helped the team and made them more fun to watch... Kings used to be fun to watch.
Plus, Peja can bounce after this season. At least the Kings are getting something in return for Peja. If Artest plays nice and keeps his mouth shut for the rest of the season maybe the Kings can swing a deal for him at the end of the season.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #62
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Wasn't Chris Webber a 'black sheep' too, when brought to Sacramento?
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #63
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Nate is on a distinguished road

I reiderate my statement of "bad trade." But, the consolation in this is, that I believe Ron would not have been trade elsewhere after this incident, so getting Peja is better than nothing, I suppose. I still don't like it.

Go Colts! Go Boilers! Go Pacers! [[email protected]nspencer]
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #64
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

I'm a little more enthusiastic about this trade than yesterday. Peja was going to be gone after this season anyway so hopefully Artest is on his best behavior.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #65
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
I reiderate my statement of "bad trade." But, the consolation in this is, that I believe Ron would not have been trade elsewhere after this incident, so getting Peja is better than nothing, I suppose. I still don't like it.
They had to do something the Pacers are on a 6-11 run and have looked pretty bad their past three games. Now that O'Neal is out indefinitely they had to find some additional scoring from somewhere if they were not going to re-instate Artest.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #66
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

How is this a bad trade? Granted, Peja sucks this year and Artest is a better player. But from a team standpoint, Artest is obviously a cancer and had pretty much burned his bridges in Indiana. All the things he's said, including saying basketball isn't his first priority, makes him pretty undesirable. I bet Indiana gets better once this trade is over with.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #67
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

I think this trade will benefit both teams, and it will be interesting to follow both and see how it turns out...

Pacers obviously came out well; I'm sure this whole situation has been such a drain on the whole organization, and now they have a respectable new player as opposed to someone who wasn't even playing.

Kings took a gamble. Kind of reminds me of when they took a gamble on the 'problematic' Chris Webber, although Ron Artest makes Chris look like a boy scout, but the comparison is worthy of mentioning. I have a feeling that Ron will inject some much-needed 'juice' into the Kings team, although this is also dependent on how RonRon feels about it all...

We all read the story that Ron didn't want to play for Sacramento, and wonder if he changed his mind or was 'coerced' or convinced somehow to change his tune... in which case it's possible he might not be 100% dedicated and the Kings would sink further.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:44 AM   #68
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

This trade benefits the Kings more than the Pacers (unless clubhouse chemistry is taken into consideration). They get a player that matches up against anyone from Steve Nash to Vlad Radmanovich (sp?) and can handle guys like Kobe and Carmelo Anthony pretty well.
Peja is not having his best season, but is still capable of playing very well.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #69
GilbertArenas
All-Star Player

GilbertArenas is on a distinguished road

this trade truly benefits both teams imo. The Pacers score a former All-Star who simply loves playing ball (the type of mindset that should mesh well with that of other Pacers and provide an immediate burst to the team--I foresee a 5 game win-streak in their near future). The Kings get one of the top defensives forces in the league who can matchup against damn-near anyone and an all-court talent. Artest should be an attendandce draw as well. Plus, it fits with the trend of the Maloofs "rolling the dice" on players. Bibby and Artest are a formidable foundation.
GilbertArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #70
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Artest looked good on his debut, but Bibby played like crap in Boston. My friend pointed out to me that Bibby also showed a lapse after the Kings acquired Shareef and Bonzi... I am wondering if Bibby is nervous about his 'status' as the team captain.. with Ron on board, that may come into question if Ron decides to assert himself. But my guess is he won't; he is, after all, an 8 year old upstairs... albeit a very talented 8 year old.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #71
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Bibby has been pretty much carrying the Kings in points the last few weeks with all of the injuries they have had. He had one bad game last night, no big deal. Artest looked pretty good considering he hasn't played in about six weeks.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #72
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Once artest gets back into the flow of the game the Kings may end up making a run at the 8th spot in the west. That offense may be perfect for him he looked very comfortable out there last night.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:39 PM   #73
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

That is just Bibby though. He always seems to have stretches of two or three games where is bad to mediocre. He has always been that way throughout his career. Besides, it is just one game and everyone has bad games during the season.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #74
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Artest seems to have really affected the Kings in a positive manner. Right now it's all about Ron Artest and Kevin Martin for the Kings.... until crunch time and then Miller and Bibby coming up with the polished pick and roll play; Miller able to knock down those outside shots... very impressive.
But overall, it's Artest who is the MVP of this team right now and that's why I mentioned Bibby earlier.... Bibby faces the prospect of no longer being the team 'captain'. Although I doubt Ron wants all of that responsibility, it's pretty obvious that his presence has totally re-energized Sacramento.