themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Damn I forgot about that.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #497
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

So, Mush

Are you gonna regale us with tales of blood & guts from yesterday or do we have to beat it out of ya?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #498
themush
Banned

You have a PM Tark.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #499
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
You have a PM Tark.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #500
themush
Banned

Ahhhh.... that brings back some memories.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #501
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
No....

That's the first thing that blew my mind is that the guidance counselor walked up to her in study hall, sat across from her at the long table where she was sitting with a friend, proceeded to ask what where the scratches came from, then after being told commenced to tell her that another teacher saw them & was concerned that she was cutting herself & that's why the guidance counselor came "to see if she was alright". :redhot:
*sigh

Welcome to my world where seeing beyond what's in front of you is a lost art. Notice I asked you about this right off the bat in my last post. This is just outrageous.

Quote:
& get this...my wife is giving me **** for being pissed. She claims that they have the 'experience' that I lack in dealing with this. WTF???

I learned about raising numerous kids when I helped my mom out & I know my daughter better than they ever will. Besides, this is just an indicator of having experience ****ing things up on their end & shouldn't be a high point on their 'resume'....

They can't teach themselves let alone me...

Common sense ain't so common as they say.

I'll comment as your post plays out cuz it has my views in it...
Two things here, and if you'll indulge me as I'm now going to give you some advice ...

1. The wife may be trying to calm you down as to not create an "incident" cuz the s-hit is out of control as is. You know this though if it's there. She is probably thinking of your daughter and how simply getting past this incident as quick as possible will benefit her the most.

2. HOWEVER (and you'll like this point :lol, since you aren't immune to cleaning up the s-hit of others when they are in the course of doing their "jobs" it simply comes natural to you want to set the record straight here on what the proper course of action will be down the road. IF your wife is serious about the "experience" angle...that probably isn't the best route to pull on an old dog like yourself.

Experience?

Why? Cuz they bought a piece of paper from the university? Cuz they went to a professional day and watched a power-point on juvenile behavior?

Hell Tark, we got children teaching children in here. In the last few years I don't know who I want to punch in the face more: the kids or my "peers"...

You will know your daughter better than they ever will...true. Like I said, it was probably step #1 in code #64354 from the book implemented at the last professional day.

Cuz remember Tark, not only do we have to give so-called teachers jobs for slobbing thru college for 4 years...we gotta give administrators ones too.

God bless formal education! :thumbup:

Quote:
The killer is that the alleged cuts didn't even break the skin but were just red abrasions from the wire. After she answered & then was told about a teacher being concerned is what freaked her out. Now she's concerned that she's being looked at in this light to the point that her friends, who now know the story since 1 of them was there, are all rallying to her side & saying that she doesn't act like someone who would do that.

Great, now there's the teenage drama mixed in with all her friends involved.

I don't care if they want to be extra 'cautious' & check things out but this bull in a china shop BS is why kids are ****ed up in the first place. Telling her the reason for asking was beyond stupidity. Hell, coming to the conclusion that some kind of half-assed partial intervention of sorts was the right move should have some school staff on the hot seat for their lack of knowledge & poor decision making skills.
And this is why I asked if they pulled her aside...at the very least. Cuz now we have an incident and the teenage brain lives off drama and innuendo.

Again, a simple case of making note of it would have done just fine. If any of these a-holes actually paid attention to educating these kids they would know your daughter's personality by now (middle of March) and wouldn't have even thought of acting in some way without a change in mood COMBINED with a set of marks.

Quote:
She didn't realize anything when asked about the scratches, just thought it was conversation but then became alarmed when told about the other teacher's comments. That's where in her description she sounded a bit frazzled & pleading to get the counselor to believe her. Bull**** once again...
Not to toot my own horn...but I called this in my first post. Again, even though we were FAR from what I would deem necessary action all you have to do is make up s-hit to get 'em to tell you what you want in a non-threatening way. I've always found erasing a few grades in the grade book and then asking the kid to see me after class with their tests so I could fill the grades back in always worked. They aren't wise in the ways of the world. Then again, either are the idiot teachers nowadays. The kids don't think that you know anything when in reality...I know all. But you don't drop s-hit on 'em like this especially if it is a serious issue like possible cutting.

Quote:
If they won't listen to you, they won't even acknowledge I have a pulse.
Oh no no Tark! I'm there for the fat paycheck my friend.

Quote:
It's just a shame that it used to be so straight forward before assholes decided to act like it was some sort of rocket science. It's common sense, taking responsibility, & not trying to re-invent the ****in' wheel.
A wise man once said...

Ya know what I find most amusing is the more people try to describe the world today as more complex, busier, more stress ridden, etc., the more obvious it is that it's just gotten more simplified in it's laziness, lack of commitment, devoid of all ownership, crippled by technology, excuse making, etc. mentality...

Wonder who that was?

See Tark, you have to try and re-invent the wheel when you have no proper ownership/accountability cuz you've never worked for anything and thought on your own. That's why we are where we are in this world. It's the entitlement mindset.

In my world (and I suspect yours but I won't speak for ya ) it was do everything the right way/best way ya knew and then HOPE ya got something back in return.

You think these fools will go for that today...kids and "adults" alike?

Quick story: I'm in the office this afternoon before one of my classes doing paperwork (had an observer from Columbus in there ) and I noticed one of my girls walking to her car huffin' and puffin' the whole way before she got in the vehicle and flew off. I asked the front office assistant where she was going. Apparently the kiddies made a mess in the cafeteria and one of the teachers on duty in there wanted them to clean it up. Imagine that? Instead of cleaning it up, this girl called Daddy and explained the situation and that she was going home cuz she was "mistreated".

And THEY let it happen Tark. Where does that leave us? Where are the lines of authority/accountability/respect at?

Somewhere floating in outter space would be my guess. Hell, I don't know anymore. I just work there.

buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #502
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Mushman,

How'd it go last night?

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #503
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post

Two things here, and if you'll indulge me as I'm now going to give you some advice ...

1. The wife may be trying to calm you down as to not create an "incident" cuz the s-hit is out of control as is. You know this though if it's there. She is probably thinking of your daughter and how simply getting past this incident as quick as possible will benefit her the most.
No doubt & I can see her point except I'm not one to think that by taking the least line of resistance makes this better at all...especially for our daughter. She needs to understand that she doesn't need to be bullied by outrageous behavior no matter who's doing it. She can be respectful while standing her ground.

As I write this, I have yet to hear from the Principal even tho I stressed that I needed to discuss a "serious matter that has come to my attention". WTF...

I haven't called back yet cuz I like giving enough rope to idiots to hang themselves with. Meanwhile she's been told that if she is questioned in any way about this, she has my blessing to answer that she's already answered those questions & that she needs to call her Father immediately cuz she's uncomfortable with the continuing questioning & where it seems to be heading.

Quote:
2. HOWEVER (and you'll like this point :lol, since you aren't immune to cleaning up the s-hit of others when they are in the course of doing their "jobs" it simply comes natural to you want to set the record straight here on what the proper course of action will be down the road. IF your wife is serious about the "experience" angle...that probably isn't the best route to pull on an old dog like yourself.

Exactly...

Like I said before, I have no problem with them trying to do the right thing (tho I think it was a bit overboard to assume 'cutting') but only when they were committed to it 100%. Doing it halfway does nothing but potentially stirring up a hornets nest with no exit plan.

Like I told my wife, I'm not convinced looking the other way doesn't do anything but allow this to gain momentum behind the scenes only to explode in our faces somewhere down the road.

Quote:
Experience?

Why? Cuz they bought a piece of paper from the university? Cuz they went to a professional day and watched a power-point on juvenile behavior?

Hell Tark, we got children teaching children in here. In the last few years I don't know who I want to punch in the face more: the kids or my "peers"...
:lol:

Quote:
You will know your daughter better than they ever will...true. Like I said, it was probably step #1 in code #64354 from the book implemented at the last professional day.

Cuz remember Tark, not only do we have to give so-called teachers jobs for slobbing thru college for 4 years...we gotta give administrators ones too.

God bless formal education! :thumbup:

& I must say I'm mighty impressed with the little Napoleon Principal who can't find a moments time to address a voice mail from a parent who wants to discuss a serious matter about his child.

I hear complaints left & right about parents who don't seem to care or who aren't involved & yet I can't get a phone call. WTF...

How about having 'Mrs. Jones' or whoever, give me a quick call about how he's sooo busy but he'll get back to me as soon as he can....or....is there something that she can help me with if it's that serious. How about delegating something to your staff, you little rat ****? Man, this just frosts my ass...

Quote:
And this is why I asked if they pulled her aside...at the very least. Cuz now we have an incident and the teenage brain lives off drama and innuendo.

Again, a simple case of making note of it would have done just fine. If any of these a-holes actually paid attention to educating these kids they would know your daughter's personality by now (middle of March) and wouldn't have even thought of acting in some way without a change in mood COMBINED with a set of marks.
Amen...

That's what gets me most is that she's been at this school for 5 years & has a history that can be followed from teachers all the way thru staff. Yet we have apparently 1 teacher who can sic a guidance counselor on a kid on a ****ing whim.

Quote:
Not to toot my own horn...but I called this in my first post. Again, even though we were FAR from what I would deem necessary action all you have to do is make up s-hit to get 'em to tell you what you want in a non-threatening way. I've always found erasing a few grades in the grade book and then asking the kid to see me after class with their tests so I could fill the grades back in always worked. They aren't wise in the ways of the world. Then again, either are the idiot teachers nowadays. The kids don't think that you know anything when in reality...I know all. But you don't drop s-hit on 'em like this especially if it is a serious issue like possible cutting.
& I knew you'd know exactly what to say & do when you heard this BS. & I met you thru a MB for Christs sake. How can you diagnose something in a moment when they can't react to something they've been involved with for years??? I swear...going to Hell on a rollercoaster...

Quote:
Quick story: I'm in the office this afternoon before one of my classes doing paperwork (had an observer from Columbus in there ) and I noticed one of my girls walking to her car huffin' and puffin' the whole way before she got in the vehicle and flew off. I asked the front office assistant where she was going. Apparently the kiddies made a mess in the cafeteria and one of the teachers on duty in there wanted them to clean it up. Imagine that? Instead of cleaning it up, this girl called Daddy and explained the situation and that she was going home cuz she was "mistreated".

And THEY let it happen Tark. Where does that leave us? Where are the lines of authority/accountability/respect at?

Somewhere floating in outter space would be my guess. Hell, I don't know anymore. I just work there.
& that's also the shame of it all is that the insanity's coming from both sides. There's teachers/admin that are out there trying to do the right thing but hamstrung by parents & there's parents doing the right thing by their kids but hamstrung by teachers/admin.

I'm sure I'll be tagged as some kind of problem instead but I'm not giving in to the urge to ignore it all to avoid a possible backlash. That kind of ignoring of problems is why we're in the mess we are as a society...

Well, we'll see what today brings...

Thanks for all the sanity/wisdom, Buck. Hopefully it'll help keep the blood pressure down & the steel out of my words...
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #504
themush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Mushman,

How'd it go last night?
Had a blast. Best part is I remember everything.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #505
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Had a blast. Best part is I remember everything.
Not bad :thumbup:

Think Fresh.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #506
themush
Banned

Thank God for the limo. THere were DUI check points EVERYWHERE!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #507
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Yeah, same here...

Think Fresh.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #508
themush
Banned

Just got back from the bank. F'ers posted a check for $2,100.00 for $21,000. Mortgage company had a few questions for me earlier.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #509
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No doubt & I can see her point except I'm not one to think that by taking the least line of resistance makes this better at all...especially for our daughter. She needs to understand that she doesn't need to be bullied by outrageous behavior no matter who's doing it. She can be respectful while standing her ground.
Oh I agree Tark. As I said…just giving one angle of two. Obviously this is her view of it. Women are fantastic creatures: warm, kind, compassionate and always thinking of the well being of others. My wife would have the same response to this kind of situation.

Quote:
Like I said before, I have no problem with them trying to do the right thing (tho I think it was a bit overboard to assume 'cutting') but only when they were committed to it 100%. Doing it halfway does nothing but potentially stirring up a hornets nest with no exit plan.

Like I told my wife, I'm not convinced looking the other way doesn't do anything but allow this to gain momentum behind the scenes only to explode in our faces somewhere down the road. .
And of course this is how a man approaches the situation….angle #2. And therefore it is the correct way.

It’s a matter of respect and doing the right thing…of course. And if this was happening to you…you’d say to hell wit it cuz you don’t need the approval/view of the fools in this world to prove your worth or learn anything from. But for the welfare of your daughter…sure…you’ve hit the nail on the head. It’s a matter of showing her respect and teaching her right from wrong as well as expecting some accountability/professionalism out of so-called professionals.

Quote:
& I must say I'm mighty impressed with the little Napoleon Principal who can't find a moments time to address a voice mail from a parent who wants to discuss a serious matter about his child.

I hear complaints left & right about parents who don't seem to care or who aren't involved & yet I can't get a phone call. WTF...

How about having 'Mrs. Jones' or whoever, give me a quick call about how he's sooo busy but he'll get back to me as soon as he can....or....is there something that she can help me with if it's that serious. How about delegating something to your staff, you little rat ****? Man, this just frosts my ass...
Several things are probably going on behind the scenes. One, in a moment of clarity, someone in that joint may have realized you are correct and the situation was handled poorly. I doubt this though. That would require common sense, a little humility and the concept of being a real man in the face of a situation. That ship sailed years ago Tark. I believe they left dinosaurs like you and me behind on the island.

More likely, they are buying time to formulate a defense based on circular logic gained from a textbook at a damn university. They also believe by giving you time, you may calm down (LOL…is it working?).

Quote:
That's what gets me most is that she's been at this school for 5 years & has a history that can be followed from teachers all the way thru staff. Yet we have apparently 1 teacher who can sic a guidance counselor on a kid on a ****ing whim.
This here startled me. Five years huh? That’s even more pathetic than I originally believed. Small school too I would imagine. Sad.

So basically it’s the Obama defense: Even though this guy was my pastor for 20 years I had no clue of his values/morals. You buyin’ that one pal?

Quote:
I'm sure I'll be tagged as some kind of problem instead but I'm not giving in to the urge to ignore it all to avoid a possible backlash. That kind of ignoring of problems is why we're in the mess we are as a society...
Amen…and you’re right: you’ll be convicted of upsetting the little lives of college-educated fools who couldn’t hack an honest day’s work in a million years.

Your punishment? Getting ignored and thought of as an a-hole/trouble maker.

So overall, just a typical outcome when someone deals with ya. Way to keep the streak going you evil, mean-spirited rabble rouser lookin' to be a victim.

Cuz see, they spend their whole lives trying to figure out how to be the victim so they just assume that’s what you do. Just like my kids who believe every move I make is one designed to torture their very existence. When you do this, you can avoid all acountability that may ever threaten to fall at your feet. And when you get everything in life handed to you...hell...why bother to face accountability? See, I'm tuned in. I know their ways.

Quote:
& I knew you'd know exactly what to say & do when you heard this BS. & I met you thru a MB for Christs sake. How can you diagnose something in a moment when they can't react to something they've been involved with for years??? I swear...going to Hell on a rollercoaster
Ya know, giving me compliments only fuels my mission straight to the sanitarium.

(gets on soapbox)

How can I diagnose it in a second? Good question. After all (puts hands up in a defensive position), I’m just a poor street kid. Son of a mill worker. A light wallet was my crime against society. Others in my neighborhood suffered the same plight…along with the wrong skin color to boot.

Today, I teach economics from a book with charts and graphs. That’s what they gave me when I sent my check down to The Man.

I LEARNED economics when I was walking home from work one day and came across the house where the head of the street department lived. It was 6 months after the first wave of closings down at the mills and a group of 3-4 men were beating the hell out of this poor bastard with a lead pipe and a baseball bat. His crime? Well, jobs were scarce and apparently he didn’t get a few earlier hints that these boys were interested in getting on the force.

Now see (points at head in crazy manner), that’s how you LEARN economics. The man learned too. They shot his kneecap off for good measure. Nuttin’ like getting’ the message across.

:thumbup:

The point?

Life experience and common sense have gone the way of the dodo bird. Commercialized education is a big factor (trust me... even though I’m a lowly servant of the people there is money to be made in here if you play your cards right….and like I tell my kids: I don’t care what they tell you down in the science department... sex and $ make the world go around and around).

Lack of communication, MIA parents, MIA values and MIA common sense fill the void as we get closer and closer to the Eve of Destruction.

In life, accountability and respect require a strong work ethic as well a set of values that mean SOMETHING and are rooted in life experience. But to the majority, it’s just easier to dress your ego up with a nice tie, a few college degrees, a couple hollow/shallow mantras (“We’re for the children”) and call the whole thing business as usual. That way you never have to answer to anyone and can avoid all confrontation as you simply pick up a paycheck every two weeks.

Lost in it all? A sense of being a human being…I suppose. I don’t know…call me a romantic but I enjoy the fact that I’m an a-hole. My only hope in life has always been that people know me for the a-hole I truly am…not simply one that hurt their victimhood claims.

Quote:
Thanks for all the sanity/wisdom, Buck. Hopefully it'll help keep the blood pressure down & the steel out of my words...
I don’t know if any of this counts as wisdom or sanity but it’s all I’ve ever known. Tomorrow, if I wake up, I’ll tear the kitchen sink off the wall and throw it in the ring once more.

(Shrugs shoulders) Guess it has worked so far. They haven't come to take me away yet. :thumbsup2:

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 03-18-2008 at 06:21 PM.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #510
themush
Banned

:finger:

No more novels. Readin give me hedake