Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-21-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
<Vol-Fan78>
Sports Enthusiast

<Vol-Fan78> is on a distinguished road
Default NCAA Football 2004

Has anyone else here played it? Oh my gosh, it is the greatest people. I love that game. As soon as I got it, I set my fav team as the Vols and started a Dynasty with Air Force. Running their offense on that game is the bomb! Any one else here played it?
<Vol-Fan78> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:47 AM   #2
icas
And then the robot killed

icas is on a distinguished road

I think this is my next buy.. besides about 100 cd's.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Yeah the ads on tv made it look good. I hated ncaa football 2003. Aweful game. The thing i hate about all sports games is that the computer always finds away to screw you over in the final minutes of the game. In NHL 2003 the computer gets all of its goals in like the last minute of the minute of the game. NCAA football 2003 if you get a 10 point lead the computer will start making your wrs drop passes. In Tiger Woods PGA tour 2003 in match play the caddy that tells you how to put the ball tells you the line wrong.
The computer is good at ****ing people over.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #4
<Vol-Fan78>
Sports Enthusiast

I never really had a problem witht that on NCAA 2003, maybe I just don't notice it. But trust me, the new one will not let you down. It is great. It has more in depth recruiting in dynasty mode, and classic college games. Great all around game.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:35 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I usually stick to the NFL and Madden, but this sounds pretty good. I don't see myself buying it, though.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

The trailers for this game are good. There are 6 of them. All 6 have nothing to do with the game or with football at all. 2 of them cheerleaders in them... HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO SAN DEIGO STATE :nod2:
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 05:00 PM   #7
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

I've been subtly hinting to my wife that I want it for my birthday at the end of the month. (Subtle DOES mean forwarding the email that EA sends me when new games come out, sending links to the game on amazon.com, crying out "I HAVE to have that game!!!" when I see the ad on TV, whether she's awake or not, doesn't it?)

Dave
Old 07-21-2003, 05:02 PM   #8
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

Too bad you aren't a Madden fan:
http://files.ea.com/downloads/sports.../teaser_ad.pdf

Old 07-21-2003, 05:33 PM   #9
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

I bought the game for $10. I bought a new release game at Wal Mart for $10 because they have an overstock. However, none of these new overstocked games are any good, that's why they are overstocked. You CAN'T turn that game in at Wal Mart for in store credit either. But if you take them to Circuit City, they will give full price in store credit ( $49.99). So, I turned in my new game that I bought for $10 and then I bought NCAA football 2004. I also bought two other games in the overstock at Walmart coming to $20, and will buy Madden and proably Live when it comes out too. I have $100 in store credit left.

So basically, I am buying 3 new games valued at $150 for $30.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 05:54 PM   #10
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

, especially since each new EA Sports game in Canada costs $60-$70!! K
Old 07-21-2003, 08:20 PM   #11
<Vol-Fan78>
Sports Enthusiast

I don't think Madden is better than NCAA 2004. But I like to run option offense on these games, and that would be quite impossible at the professional level. I would also like to get my PS2 setup so that I can play on the internet. Man that would be great...

I own every NCAA Football game since 1997... Maybe thats why I like it so much, lol. Great games though, really. Probably one of the coolest things about the game is in Dynasty mode, your team can get invited to join other conferences. I was Hawaii and I got the invite to join the Pac-10. It was pretty cool...

But oh well....
Old 07-21-2003, 08:30 PM   #12
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

yeah well the classic time the computer screwed me over was this, i didn't say this in my earlier post because it is an old game. IN nfl blitz for n64 i was up by 1 point and there was 5 seconds left in the game, 2nd down(for the computer). The other team kicked a feild goal and missed. I was really happy cause i actualy had beaten the computer. There was 2 seconds left in the game. I was ready to set up the offence. then, i see their kicking team on the field(again.) i sat there in confusion. They snapped the ball, kicked a feild goal(there 2nd one in a row.) Of course it was good. Right through the pipes.

I sat there stuned that they kicked 2 feild goals in a row and there 2nd one went in.

I thought maybe in blitz you could kick 2 in a row so i played a game and tryed it. I kicked one(on first down) and missed. Then they got the ball.

That just proves, once again, that the computer cant take loosing. It has like some little ego or something.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:43 PM   #13
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

In the new Madden 2004 you can build your own stadium and manage eveyrthing of your team, including ticket prices and prices of hot dogs..... EVERYTHING. However, because of me being Canadian, I am unable to play Madden. I just can't figure it out... it's too complicated for me, haha ...Maybe I need a bigger controller or something, I have no idea... but I would buy it in a year or two just to build a team and watch their games ...I actually did that and bought Madden 2002 for cheap once it was old so I could manage my team :nod:
Old 07-21-2003, 10:17 PM   #14
The J
Barry Zito wannabe

The J is on a distinguished road

The "NCAA Football" games are enjoyable , but one thing I've noticed from playing them is that all the players have the same abilities. Take the 2003 version, there's absolutley no difference between Carson Palmer (or should I say...QB #3?) and the third string quarterback from Middle Tennessee State. You could win the National Championship with East Carolina if you desired so. I'll rent them, but I won't buy them. I'll stick to Madden.

P.S. If it's just me, and I'm completely wrong, please let me know, so I can have myself checked.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:37 PM   #15
<Vol-Fan78>
Sports Enthusiast

I believe you might want to set the difficulty level up a few notches my friend. Trust me, their is a big difference between the teams like MTS and USC. Ok, lets say this. This years version is a lot more realistic. If you are oh say Furman and you play Oklahoma, you pretty much are screwed. Oklahoma's team is so much faster than, well, any team on the game. But trust me, there is a big difference between thiose types of teams.

I admit, earlier versions of the game were extremly easy, but not recently. I mean you take a team like that and win the National Championship if you build them up. Or if you have the difficulty level set on Varsity.