Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
The Running Man
Banned

The Running Man is on a distinguished road
Default Week 2: Monday Morning QB Round Table

The Denver game was very entertaining... whether it be the fumble/incomplete pass or Marshal's 2nd most receptions in NFL history.

What do you know, the Steelers play boring football again...
The Running Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe Ed Hoculi blew that call... he is prob the best ref in the NFL... San Diego's gotta be pissed.

Anyone have thoughts on the Colts? Yeah they won... but thats because the Vikes "O" is horrendous... They pretty much got man-handled for 3 quarters. Jax goes to 0-2...

Pitt looks like the AFC elite right now? What'd ya think?

As far as the NFC... I'll make that call after tonight's game.

That Seattle / SF game was a lot of fun to watch huh?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The Panthers are the team to beat in the NFC South. They look awfully tough and look light years ahead of last year's team. Once Delhomme went down last season the team pretty much folded up shop for the year. Jonathan Stewart is an absolute beast of a running back. He had a couple of carries yesterday where he just shrugged off two or three tacklers. It will not be long until he is getting the bulk of the carries for Carolina and DeAngelo Williams will be relegated to #2 status again.

Aaron Rodgers is on fire right now and until proven otherwise Green Bay is the team to beat in the NFC North.

The Lions and the Rams are the two worst teams in football right now.

So much for the Saints re-vamped improved defense. They gave up 29 points and 455 yards to a pretty inept Redskins offense.

The Falcons defense is still not very good and Matt Ryan looked like a rookie QB yesterday. It just goes to show how awful the Lions are on defense right now.

Arizona is the team to beat in the NFC West simply because they seem to be the only team capable of playing some semblance of defense right now.

How many tough losses can San Diego withstand until they implode and this becomes a lost season for them?

When does Derek Anderson start looking over his shoulder in Cleveland? The Browns had high hopes coming into this season and Anderson has not gotten the job done against two of the leagues better teams. In fact he has been downright mediocre to bad.

It looks like everything is starting to finally click for Jay Cutler. He has been very impressive the first two weeks of the season, but what is up with inexplicably coughing the ball up twice in the 4th quarter with no real pressure?
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So much for the Saints re-vamped improved defense. They gave up 29 points and 455 yards to a pretty inept Redskins offense.
And now they get to try and stop Cutler and Brandon Marshall...
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Packers vs. Cowboys, Sunday night, Week 3. I am eagerly anticipating this one. Rodgers is surpassing even my expectations. He's playing as well as any QB in the league...

Gutsy move by Shanahan to go for two. Wow.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

The Bengals are the worst team in football.

The Browns never had a chance at the playoffs, and they are finally proving that.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Nah, the Bengals are nowhere near as bad as the Rams are. At least Cincy managed to keep its games somewaht respectable the Rams cannot score and cannot stop anyone at all on defense and got blown out by 35 and 28 points in there first two games. The Rams gave up as many points to the Giants as the Bengals have in their first two games combined.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Nah, the Bengals are nowhere near as bad as the Rams are. At least Cincy managed to keep its games somewaht respectable the Rams cannot score and cannot stop anyone at all on defense and got blown out by 35 and 28 points in there first two games. The Rams gave up as many points to the Giants as the Bengals have in their first two games combined.
The Bengals have one offensive TD thus far...

They have played the Ravens and Titans, hardly two "power houses."

Wait and see what the Giants do this week to the Bengals, then we can have a "bad off" between the Rams and Bengals.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

Taking Carson Palmer in fantasy is turning out to be one of my worst choices this season =/

Go niners! Ugly, but a win is a win
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

The Bears blew one. I like Orton as QB but the whole don't make a mistake mantra is going to kill them. You have to take SOME risk. Maybe not like Rex but take some chances.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Romo just threw an INT that led to a TD, then fumbled a snap in the end zone, leading to another TD. Uh oh...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

The officiating in the MNF game has been horrid. I have seen two blatant face masks not be called and the pass interference on Dallas should have been a penalty on Greg Lewis. It also looked like they missed a hold on Westbrook's TD.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #13
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayhezy View Post
The Bears blew one. I like Orton as QB but the whole don't make a mistake mantra is going to kill them. You have to take SOME risk. Maybe not like Rex but take some chances.
I'm glad someone likes him...

KO just doesn't have the quality receiver/s who can turn some of his poor throws completions & he can't throw a deep ball if his life depended on it. It's just another year of 'managing' an offense that translates into 'easy to game plan'. Life in the Bear offense is 0 to 10 yards in the air.

Rex could get it down field but never learned how to step up in the pocket or read defenses. It's a little better for KO this year cuz the OL is starting to block again after they took last year off & Forte's a keeper at RB but without some completions beyond 10 yards to keep the D honest, they'll be seeing a stacked box & Forte beaten senseless by mid season.

Panthers were tough Sunday but a lot of it was the Bears coming out in the 2nd half & playing not to lose. Throw in a slew of stupid penalties & some key TOs & that was the game. Panthers couldn't help but win....

As far as Rodgers...I'm not on the bandwagon yet. I foresee some tough times ahead as there's more game film on him. He's got big play potential but he was looking real shaky in that second half till the Lions folded. I mean reeeaaal shaky.

I'd say he's got some lumps to take as he continues to learn the ropes. I'll wait till mid season before I'd give him a grade...
Old 09-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #14
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

It is like Muhsin Muhammad said recently, "Chicago is where recievers go to die." It is tough to expect much from Kyle Orton when the Bears are basically banking on Devin Hester actually materializing into someone who can do more than run a fly pattern and catch swing passes out of the backfield and Brandon Lloyd to actually live up to some of the hype he had coming out of college.

Tarkus, I agree with you on Rodgers, as I said until proven otherwise....

I swear I don't think the Cowboys know how to tackle anyone unless it involves grabbing someone by the face mask.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #15
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
It is like Muhsin Muhammad said recently, "Chicago is where recievers go to die." It is tough to expect much from Kyle Orton when the Bears are basically banking on Devin Hester actually materializing into someone who can do more than run a fly pattern and catch swing passes out of the backfield and Brandon Lloyd to actually live up to some of the hype he had coming out of college.
:lol:

It is hard to get too down on Orton due to the wide outs he has but he's got career back up written all over him as far as I'm concerned. He's got too big of a wind up, no soft touch to speak of, & a Chicago Bear QB fear of making a mistake. He's actually gotten better in the pocket when it comes to stepping up & rolling away from rushes but I'm just not enamored with his skill set as far as a playmaker.

Quote:
I swear I don't think the Cowboys know how to tackle anyone unless it involves grabbing someone by the face mask.
:lol:

Ain't dat da truth...