Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default Obama Has a Fight on his Hands

With members of his own party.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Comments?
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
With members of his own party.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Comments?
This goes right along with your claim that he is a typical Democrat right catman?

Oh... wait...

:lol:
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Fresh, I did not make that claim. That would have been a claim you made.
Typical though. Trying to tap-dance away from another of your statements.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

You did not, however, comment on the fact that the senate still considers him to be one of their most junior members. I guess he has a lot of work to do to gain the respect of his own party, unfortunately. They still feel that they are running things the way they want to, regardless of who is in the white house.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fresh, I did not make that claim. That would have been a claim you made.
Typical though. Trying to tap-dance away from another of your statements.
No, I made a much more thoughtful comment than that, one that was apparently too deep for you to understand.

Typical in some ways (lying), unique in others (going against his party).

Try to keep up.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Fresh, it would be nice if you would make a comment on the essence of my post, as opposed to your typical tap-dance.
How do you feel about the fact that the senate leaders still seem to consider Obama one of their most junior members?
And what was your thoughtful comment again? That Obama is a liar?
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
How do you feel about the fact that the senate leaders still seem to consider Obama one of their most junior members?
How do I feel? Well, it doesn't effect me at all, considering he IS one of the most "junior" members of the Senate.

Quote:
And what was your thoughtful comment again? That Obama is a liar?
No, that he is typical and unique all at the same time. I know it doesn't fit into your world of absolutes where everything is balck and white, but it's true.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

I do not live in a world of absolutes as you accuse me of, Fresh. I would like to have you explain to me how Obama goes from being a very junior member of the senate to being the president, telling the senate leadership what they should do overnight. Please do so without your typical tap-dance, OK?
Obama will have more trouble gaining the respect of the old-guard leadership in the senate than youj appear to believe he will. Until he gains this respect, little will change in Washington, leading me to have very low expectations for the 4 years he will spend in the white house.
And, you, of all people, should realize that the lack of respect Obama is getting from the leadership in the senate will have a great effect on you. You seem to look to the federal government for all the answers to life's problems.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Yes catman, you have me figured out.

Glad to see you are giving Obama a chance like you said you would. LOL

Again, I'm done speaking with you because it is a fruitless action.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Fresh, I am willing to give Obama a chance to prove to me that he is better than you say he is. You have called him a liar, I have not. You have backed away from your glowing expectations of several months ago, I was never sold on him as a good candidate.
You are right. This discussion is fruitless, as you will not stand by your statements and insist on tap-dancing and backtracking.
I appreciate the entertainment, but it would be nice to see you take a stand and live with it for once.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.

Last edited by catman; 01-10-2009 at 02:06 AM.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso
 
HibachiDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,258
HibachiDG is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree with CK that this is Obama trying to reach across the aisle. You don't really see this kind of trying to attract the other side a lot out of Presidents especially right after an election.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:06 AM   #12
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

I can see why the Democrats are upset with him. He is acting more like a Republican than McCain does. They thought they were going to get an easy puppet to run, but will have to fight him to get their way.
I applaud Obama's effort thusfar, but am unimpressed with his cabinet selections in several cases.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!
 
DETMURDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's Green Earth
Posts: 1,703
DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
With members of his own party.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Comments?
Expect most all of the politicians to go against Obama here when he actually gets into office! What cracks me up is that this is happening and he isn't even in the White House! This will be fun to watch, but I hope he doesn't destroy us. And I do wish him well.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
trayhezy
All-Star Player
 
trayhezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 646
trayhezy is on a distinguished road
Default

What most people fail to have realized, it seems, is that He got the job because he won the election by what, 8% of the vote. That is a bigger margin than we have seen in a while.

Therefore it is us, the people who made Obama the "boss". Who cares that some senators consider him a "junior" member. Most of the electorate seemed to like the idea that he wanted to build a consensus and reach across the aisle. Why? They were tired of all the partisan bickering. So who cares if some Dems think he is acting like a repub. He is doing what he promised US as an electorate.

I think the Dems are acting like Repubs in the sense that they think that only their way is right. They had better get on the same page as this man and try to work with their counterparts or they soon will be out of power like the current GOP.
__________________
Tiger born
Tiger bred
Tiger Blue
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!
 
DETMURDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's Green Earth
Posts: 1,703
DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayhezy View Post
What most people fail to have realized, it seems, is that He got the job because he won the election by what, 8% of the vote. That is a bigger margin than we have seen in a while.

Therefore it is us, the people who made Obama the "boss". Who cares that some senators consider him a "junior" member. Most of the electorate seemed to like the idea that he wanted to build a consensus and reach across the aisle. Why? They were tired of all the partisan bickering. So who cares if some Dems think he is acting like a repub. He is doing what he promised US as an electorate.

I think the Dems are acting like Repubs in the sense that they think that only their way is right. They had better get on the same page as this man and try to work with their counterparts or they soon will be out of power like the current GOP.
Can't agree, it is the Republicans who are going center with the Dems, that is why they lost the election. The Dems are sticking to their socialist ways, and the uneducated have taken to it,...so be it, the foreigner has been elected. His citizenship issues are still being reviewed case by case by the supreme court. That is a fact, and you can all take that to the bank!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 Election Watch philabramoff Politics & Religion 255 10-21-2008 06:58 PM
Obama supports charter schools... buckeyefan78 Politics & Religion 1 09-09-2008 08:02 PM
Uh ho... Tarkus Politics & Religion 17 08-27-2008 07:44 PM
Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez Tarkus Other Sports Blitz 2 03-13-2008 11:12 PM
And the Field Thins Further catman Politics & Religion 117 02-27-2008 09:55 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.