Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
The Dems are sticking to their socialist ways, and the uneducated have taken to it,..
The most educated people in this country voted for Obama at a rate of 59%, more than 20% higher than McCain...

Sorry, facts get in the way of your point.


Quote:
so be it, the foreigner has been elected.
:lol:
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:59 AM   #17
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

When does Obama become the "leader" of the Democratic Party, Fresh? The heirarchy in the senate seem to think he is still a "junior" member. They are not giving him the respect that his office deserves.
And, by the way, what does happen if it is discovered that he was born in Africa to an 18 year old American citizen, married to a foreign national? That would eliminate him from being eligible to serve as the president, according to the rules.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:47 AM   #18
trayhezy
All-Star Player
 
trayhezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 646
trayhezy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
Can't agree, it is the Republicans who are going center with the Dems, that is why they lost the election. The Dems are sticking to their socialist ways, and the uneducated have taken to it,...so be it, the foreigner has been elected. His citizenship issues are still being reviewed case by case by the supreme court. That is a fact, and you can all take that to the bank!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Some of you guys will still be "wishing" for "citzenship issues" four years from now during his reelection try because you feel that would be your best hope for unseating him.

I don't know what election you were watching. I know you want to blame the economic crisis for the Republican failure because that is something that gives you the opportunity to disown their failures. The truth is that the Repubs moved too far to the right during the last eight years and you picked the only possible candidate who gave you a chance to win. However when he picked Bufoon Barbie, you moved back to the right and the center abandoned him in droves. Elections are always won in the center.
__________________
Tiger born
Tiger bred
Tiger Blue
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
When does Obama become the "leader" of the Democratic Party, Fresh? The heirarchy in the senate seem to think he is still a "junior" member. They are not giving him the respect that his office deserves.
And, by the way, what does happen if it is discovered that he was born in Africa to an 18 year old American citizen, married to a foreign national? That would eliminate him from being eligible to serve as the president, according to the rules.
:lol:

This is why I don't respond to this guy any more...
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.

Last edited by catman; 01-16-2009 at 02:41 AM.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #20
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Its because you have absolutely nothing to add in retort. I have stated the case perfectly.
This is why I consider you to be a "less than adequate" debator, Fresh. You run away when you know you cannot win.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #21
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Sorry, I hit the wrong button on your statement.
By the way, what part of my perfect response confused you, Fresh? Also, what part was untrue? The senate leadership is still considering him (or it appears) to be a "junior" member of their body. They do not seem to be listening to him at all. I would have thought that they would have been all for him, except he decided not to raise everyone's taxes and raise spending as much as they wanted him to.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #22
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso
 
HibachiDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,258
HibachiDG is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Its because you have absolutely nothing to add in retort. I have stated the case perfectly.
Quote:
By the way, what part of my perfect response confused you, Fresh?
Are you talking about the irrelevant point of "When does Obama become the "leader" of the Democratic Party, Fresh? The heirarchy in the senate seem to think he is still a "junior" member." or the nonsensical "And, by the way, what does happen if it is discovered that he was born in Africa to an 18 year old American citizen, married to a foreign national?"
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #23
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibachiDG View Post
Are you talking about the irrelevant point of "When does Obama become the "leader" of the Democratic Party, Fresh? The heirarchy in the senate seem to think he is still a "junior" member." or the nonsensical "And, by the way, what does happen if it is discovered that he was born in Africa to an 18 year old American citizen, married to a foreign national?"
:lol:

The "humble" moderator is also so "perfect."
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Yes Fresh, the humble moderator is perfect. What is the problem there?
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #25
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Yes Fresh, the humble moderator is perfect. What is the problem there?
Other than the hilarity of a self-proclaimed "humble person" referring to themselves as "perfect," nothing.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #26
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

And when does Obama become the leader of the Democratic Party? So far, they are treating him as if he were still a "junior" member of the senate. When do they start giving him the respect he deserves due to his office?
This is the key issue here, Fresh. The rest is just more of the same from you.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #27
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Again Fresh, if you wish to defeat an argument, it is a good idea to stay on point. You have yet to do that. Until you learn elementary debating skills, you will not win arguments of this nature.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
And when does Obama become the leader of the Democratic Party? So far, they are treating him as if he were still a "junior" member of the senate. When do they start giving him the respect he deserves due to his office?
Oh I don't know, maybe when the majority of Democratic leadership put their support behind him during the primary. Maybe when the party nominated him as their candidate for president.

Quote:
Again Fresh, if you wish to defeat an argument, it is a good idea to stay on point. You have yet to do that. Until you learn elementary debating skills, you will not win arguments of this nature.
"Listening to catman lecture someone on debating skills is much like listening to Tony Soprano lecture about law and order."
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #29
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

Whatever you say Fresh. It does, however, appear that the Democratic leadership expected a bit easier time controlling this candidate than they are going to have. Obama is acting more like a Republican than McCain ever has and they don't like it.
As to my debating skills, at least I have them. You are still attempting to learn yours.
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #30
catman
Humble MLB Moderator
 
catman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 9,325
catman will become famous soon enough
Default

My question remains, unanswered. "When does the Democratic leadership give Obama the respect that he deserves?"
__________________
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 Election Watch philabramoff Politics & Religion 255 10-21-2008 06:58 PM
Obama supports charter schools... buckeyefan78 Politics & Religion 1 09-09-2008 08:02 PM
Uh ho... Tarkus Politics & Religion 17 08-27-2008 07:44 PM
Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez Tarkus Other Sports Blitz 2 03-13-2008 11:12 PM
And the Field Thins Further catman Politics & Religion 117 02-27-2008 09:55 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.