Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 12-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #46
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Bama, that would be Tim Tebow. Best duel threat QB in the nation.:banana:
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 PM   #47
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The only way Leak goes pro is if he is in danger of flunking out of school. He had a solid enough season and managed to improve his completion percentage and decrease his interception rate. But, guys like Brady Quinn, Vince Young, and Drew Stanton really separated themselves from the rest of the Jr. class and then seniors like Drew Olson and Jay Cutler have emerged from the pack as well.

The scuttlebutt around here is that NC State has a very realistic chance at landing Brent Shaeffer who was QB at Tennessee two years ago before transferring to a JUCO in California.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #48
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Gohawks is on a distinguished road

How did Stanton seperate himself from the Jr. class..... Tate is better than Stanton the only reason Tate is over looked this year is because, Iowa has one of the most under rated RB in country... 1,300 rushing yard AFTER a major surgery.... Impressive...
Old 12-17-2005, 07:11 PM   #49
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Because Stanton is 6' 3" and 228 pounds while Tate is only six feet tall and weighs in at under 200 pounds. I am not talking in terms of who is the better college QB, but who is seen as the better pro prospect there is a world of difference. Stanton has the size and the arm that pro scouts like to see. Given his lack of ideal size and that he puts up solid but not spectacular numbers Tate is not going to be seen as a top QB prospect.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:19 PM   #50
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Pretty much the same arguement others said about Bob Sanders. Now look at him, one of the Colt's top defensive players. Granted Tate is 6'0 and only 185, but he has quick feet. And his ARM is better than Stantons IMO.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #51
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

But, how many successful 6'0 and under QBs are there in the NFL right now? Or, in recent years for that matter?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:39 PM   #52
190 Octane
All-Star Player

190 Octane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
But, how many successful 6'0 and under QBs are there in the NFL right now? Or, in recent years for that matter?
Drew Brees
190 Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #53
digital7
Deep South

digital7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
The scuttlebutt around here is that NC State has a very realistic chance at landing Brent Shaeffer who was QB at Tennessee two years ago before transferring to a JUCO in California.
Really? I read that he was undecided between staying out in California or coming back home with either Central Florida or South Florida. Also, Tedford has been taking a good look at him from my understanding.

If NC State picks up Brent Schaeffer, it would be an excellent addition. Seeing that he's matured in Cali could only make State a major roadblock for the ACC powers (Va Tech, Miami, Florida State). The added bonus was the fact that he was never redshirted in Tennessee, so he'll have that extra year of eligibility.
digital7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 PM   #54
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Heh, lack of size didnt stop Wayne Chrebet.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:37 PM   #55
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital7
Really? I read that he was undecided between staying out in California or coming back home with either Central Florida or South Florida. Also, Tedford has been taking a good look at him from my understanding.

If NC State picks up Brent Schaeffer, it would be an excellent addition. Seeing that he's matured in Cali could only make State a major roadblock for the ACC powers (Va Tech, Miami, Florida State). The added bonus was the fact that he was never redshirted in Tennessee, so he'll have that extra year of eligibility.
Yeah, Florida was said to be the front-runner but apparently the Gators have cooled a bit on him and there was some rumor about the Gators telling him things he wanted to hear as opposed to the truth. The Pack has a nice flavor of Florida players and from what the local sportstalk shows were saying he liked the idea of playing for Mark Trestman who has NFL experience as an OC. Plus, if I am not mistaken NCSU was believed to be one of his finalists before he chose Tennessee. He will also have every chance to start next year given that Marcus Stone's numbers were mediocre and he has kept the starting job because the team started winning once he was inserted as the starter.

I don't know that folks around here think that NCSU are the frontrunners but that they have a legit shot at landing him right now.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:56 PM   #56
themush
Banned

Florida just locked up another 4 star athlete in Clearwater, Fl safety Riley Cooper. Don't know too much about him but he's rated 6th in the nation as an athlete(rivals).
Old 12-17-2005, 10:24 PM   #57
themush
Banned

The word on the street down here is Percy Harvin commited to Meyer personally over the phone yesterday. No news on McDaniel though.

Last edited by themush; 12-17-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #58
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Thanks Octane
Old 12-18-2005, 06:08 PM   #59
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190 Octane
Drew Brees
Ah, but Drew Brees played in a passing oriented offense in college and put up eye catching numbers. Plus, he was not seen as a blue chip QB prospect coming out of school.

Look, I am not saying Drew Tate won't be good in the NFL I am merely pointing out that NFL teams likely are not going to spend a top round pick on a guy his size who does not put up 3,500 yards and 30 TDs.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #60
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Penn State received a verbal today from four-star DE Jared Odrick from Lebanon, PA.