Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 01-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #106
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Logan-El first pulled a Florida cap out of a bag before declaring it wasn't the school for him and tossing it aside.

Then he held up a Tennessee cap, said a few words and threw it aside.

Finally, the senior got to the Maryland cap, said a few nice words about the program he originally committed to as a sophomore and then dropped it on the floor.

And so went the jaws of the Maryland fans.
Okay, the hat thing is always dumb, and dropping it on the floor doesn't help. But it's nothing serious.

Quote:
Logan-El then held up a picture of him and Penn State coach Joe Paterno and committed to playing for the Nittany Lions.

"TRAI-TOR!" one fan yelled from the back of the room.

"HA-TER!" Logan-El's mom yelled back.

Suddenly the "WE ARE ... PENN STATE" chant broke out from a surprising number of Nittany Lions fans who had discreetly mixed in among the standing-room-only Terps crowd.
Again, pretty stupid stuff, but nothing too serious.

Quote:
NCAA rules prevented coaches from either team from being at the restaurant during Logan-El's actual announcement, but after it was over, two assistants from Penn State's staff joined him and his family, including Larry Johnson, who recruited the 6-foot-4 guard. Offensive line coach Dick Anderson was also there.

Friedgen's wife, Gloria, was seated with a close friend of the family in a large center booth and on her cell phone through the entire announcement. As soon as Logan-El's broadcast was finished, she grabbed her coat and they were out the door.
Allegedly, Logan-El had called Friedgen and said to save a scholarship for him and come to the announcement. Now since it's against NCAA rules for coaches to attend commitments, Friedgen sent his wife. Also allegedly, the PSU coaches that came in after the announcement were staked out at a Best Buy across the street.

Now it's clear that Logan-El had his mind set on PSU. So why the hell would you invite Maryland's head coach? To waste his time and stab him in the back on national TV? That's pretty low-class.

The hat thing is true. I'm not sure about the calling coach Friedgen and inviting him, trying to find out if it is fact. Also allegedly (most of this stuff is alleged, in case I didn't make that clear...), Logan-El's family was extremely rude to the mostly-Maryland fans at the ESPNZone announcement (Logan-El is from Maryland).

EDIT: Maybe this clears things up, or makes them more complicated.
http://mb29.scout.com/fpennstatefrm1...ID=33552.topic

EDIT PART 2: Okay, well it looks like things were blown out of proportion. It's by a PSU admin I think, but I'll take his word.
http://mb29.scout.com/fpennstatefrm1...ID=33488.topic

Geez, the sad thing is, this is probably type of stuff is probably gonna happen all around the country come next Wednesday.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.

Last edited by da12ken; 01-26-2006 at 12:03 AM.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:15 PM   #107
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Iowa landed four-star linebacker Jeremiha Hunter from Harrisburg, PA tonight. I'm never happy to see in-state talent leave, especially for other Big Ten schools, but it was unlikely that Hunter would select PSU. Hunter wants to play right away and he would have been lucky to see the field at all during the next two years at PSU with how much depth there already is at LB.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #108
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Gohawks is on a distinguished road

Iowa just picked up ****4 star LB Jeremiah Hunter!!!!! This was a huge get for our recruiting class!!! I think he will get alot of playing time next year .... Oops im sry Alex I didnt see you had already posted that info.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #109
Alex
#1 Student Section

Big pick up for Iowa, especially with Greenway and Hodge on their way out. I'd go as far as to say that he will probably be among the top freshmen in the Big Ten next season.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:56 PM   #110
Gohawks
All-Star Player

Gohawks is on a distinguished road

Sweet . Alot of us are excited about this and suprized... It was thought he had a slight Tennesse lead.. Im just glad hes a Hawkeye . This kid seems to have alot of good qualities and great potential
Old 01-31-2006, 04:36 PM   #111
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Hang onto your hats, folks. We're coming down the home stretch. Lots of players committing (and decommitting).

Looks like PSU has a serious shot at snatching Hazelton, with SC reportedly still after Harvin. Florida has already lost a couple WRs to other programs.

It's going to be interesting.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:45 PM   #112
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Kids are always changing thier minds I think McDaniel decommitted with UF because of all of the WR's Meyer is bringing in. Damian Williams is an Arkansas homer so him defecting to the Razorbacks after they were able to get a committment from QB Mitch Mustain doesn't surprise me either. I really don't expect Harvin to go to USC. FSU usually pulls some ish out on NSD so we'll have to wait to see what they have in store also.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:39 PM   #113
themush
Banned

Anyone been on rivals today, the rumors are flying.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:03 PM   #114
Alex
#1 Student Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush
Anyone been on rivals today, the rumors are flying.
All day. I'll probably try to sneak off to the library during my free period tomorrow to see what's going on. Penn State is in play with LeSean McCoy, Vidal Hazleton and now most recently, Melvin Alaeze put PSU back in the running. He verballed to Maryland last year but didn't qualify and went to Hargrave.

Once again college football manages to trump the NFL in terms of excitement. I'll take year long recruiting and LOI Day over the two day NFL Draft any time.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #115
themush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Once again college football manages to trump the NFL in terms of excitement. I'll take year long recruiting and LOI Day over the two day NFL Draft any time.
I get to watch from the comfort of my desk at work(online) I just hope my boss will be busy tomorrow. :finger:

Everything I'm hearing has C.J. Spiller coming to G'ville next year. We'll have to see how that pans out.