Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2004, 01:09 AM   #1
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road
Smile Some thoughts on the early action....

*Niagara and Providence just played one of those games that drives an upset lover like me crazy. Niagara was up by THIRTEEN with about seven minutes to go, so of course they were outscored by Providence 22-4 the rest of the way. Dwight Brewington looked just as good as Gomes for Providence, and they will be a hell of a one-two punch.

*Arizona got a first place vote and is ranked 11th, and that's exactly how many points (11) they beat U. of San Diego by, who won four games last year and was missing their top player. San Diego outscored them by 7 in the second half (that's the half the heavy favorite is s'posed to run roushod over their Mark.) They just looked terrible. In the next round of the NIT, they'll play Wright State, who is high after scoring a dramatic road overtime win at Tulsa. Can't pick the upsets, but however many points Vegas ends up giving Wright State, take them.

*Ohio State so far is blowing out the weak sisters they couldn't blow out last year. Good.

*Michigan struggled with Binghamton and will lose their NIT quarterfinal with Colorado, I do believe.

*I was sort of hoping Penn State would improve a bit this year (the underdog lover in me again, but so far)...a 9 point loss to Illinois....State, and a TWENTY point loss to South Carolina....State. Yikes. Ah well. They did beat Western Carolina.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote