Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 12:30 AM   #31
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
Orignally misunderstood, I can recognize the point that FSUViking was trying to make. He's saying that, although other QBs have thrown 37 TD passes, nobody has had as many yards -- at the point of the 37th TD -- as Culpepper. If that's the case, then fine. But, it's hardly a tidbit worth mentioning when Manning has the stats (which are far superior) that he's put up.
FSUViking, nobody is getting defensive. People are just pointing out the fact that, while Culpepper has done what he's done, unfortunately for him it's been done during a year that someone else has done much better. Kinda along the lines of Sammy Sosa's 67 HR season. He had 67, but McGuire had 70. Both great numbers, but if you asked the common guy on the street how many HRs Sosa had, he couldn't tell you. McGuire's 70 HR mark will be always be remembered.
And to agree w/ MaddEnemy, exactly HOW MANY Vikings related posts have you started? You say that this isn't a Colt's message board, yet you have started quite a few Vikings related threads???
I'm just gonna come out and say it: You seem awefully annoyed with the attention to Manning, and the lack of recognition for Culpepper. To ease your frustrations, I can only speak for myself when I say that, yes, Culpepper has had a fine year. Satisfied???
Just a little side note, Sammy had 66. Yeah I remembered.

And off the topic, my boy Doug Johnson got some snaps in versus the Broncos the other night with the Titans. Boy isn't he a season saver? Vick ges down, and Johnson steps up and leads us to a 1-7 record. DG, you da man.

Had to mention him got tired of talking about Culppeper and Manning
Old 12-31-2004, 12:53 PM   #32
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

Alright, this is overdue:

I personally did not compile this list. I borrowed it from a friend over at NFL-Fans.com

She compiled it or put it together. I admit, I didn't fully understand Manning being in there either, but I just went with it anyways.

I asked her about it, and she says it was made up BEFORE last weeks games, for what that's worth. Regardless, I made my bed and I have to sleep in it now.

For the record, I may be a Vikings fan to my very core, but Peyton Manning is my favorite player. Has been for about 4 years now. Just the way he carries himself and plays the game.

So, I am in no way trying to slight Peyton or anything he has accomplished. I can't speak for the person who compiled these stats that I posted here from another site.

Go Peyton....Skol Vikings...and Happy New Year.
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:56 PM   #33
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by FSUViking
Alright, this is overdue:

I personally did not compile this list. I borrowed it from a friend over at NFL-Fans.com

She compiled it or put it together. I admit, I didn't fully understand Manning being in there either, but I just went with it anyways.
As a wise man once told me,

"you need to post a link or credit the source when you paste text like that. We aren't too small to sue".

I'm being asmart ass, I know! J/K laugh, it's suppose to be funny

Pepper is a good QB and if Moss could have played every game this year, who know where Pepper would be
Old 12-31-2004, 02:39 PM   #34
FSUViking
ESPN 8...The Ocho!

FSUViking is on a distinguished road

Ya know, prior to Moss's injury it was Daunte who was on pace to beat Marino's record.

I would have liked to see Daunte and Peyton going at it, like Sosa and McGuire did in 98 for the home run record.

That would have been cool.
FSU: #3 recruiting class in the nation.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:05 PM   #35
Kornbix
Super Bowl or bust

Kornbix is on a distinguished road

Yeah it would have. Like I said if Moss stays healthy, I think Daunte can break Mannings record net year in the sorry NFC.(besides the Falcons)
Old 12-31-2004, 05:08 PM   #36
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

dirtywhiteboy is on a distinguished road

Well damn...it just got all Tony Robins in here, didn't it? Why do I feel like Fred and Wilma just pulled off the monster's mask, and it's me! Listen FSUVikings....we all disagree on topics in here, but that's no big deal. You made some good points, and also some points I didn't agree with. By the way, where's that stat list from your friend? I didn't see it, or a link...unless I'm blind.
Culpepper is a good player. To agree with Kornbix (and I really hate to do so), there's a very good chance that Culpepper has a shot at Dan's record, too, if Moss is healthy. Not to fear: Pepper had a fine year, and I doubt that it will be his best.
I don't feel that you slighted Manning. You are just passionate about Culpepper, and that's not a crime. No hard feelings, and you have a Happy New Year, as well. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 12-31-2004, 05:16 PM   #37
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kinda along the lines of Sammy Sosa's 67 HR season. He had 67, but McGuire had 70. Both great numbers, but if you asked the common guy on the street how many HRs Sosa had, he couldn't tell you. McGuire's 70 HR mark will be always be remembered.
Man, I feel like a ******* doing this, but as long as we're analyzing numbers, Sosa didn't hit 67 home runs. He hit 66.

Don't feel bad though, I don't think of myself as a common guy on the street.

-RB
Old 12-31-2004, 06:08 PM   #38
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

:stupid:

Yes, Sosa hit 66....the entire point of my post. It was sarcasm....irony, and it made my point. And yes, go with that feeling...

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy; 12-31-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #39
Noon

I'll apologize to K-Bix, I saw that he corrected you first, but I'm gonna go ahead an call bs on your post. Sure didn't look like sarcasm to me, but more like unintentional irony.

-RB
Old 01-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #40
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

:wtf:

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy; 01-01-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:04 PM   #41
dirtywhiteboy
Mr. Cub

:banghead:

You just don't get it, do you? TWO people picked up on the use of "67". TWO. My INTENTIONAL use of "67" was to MAKE MY POINT. People will remember McGuire, but few will remember Sosa's numbers. THAT'S IT. I can't explain it any more clearly to you. If you don't get it, then just get yourself fixed. The world doesn't need anymore idiots in it. :finger:
Old 01-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #42
Noon

Quote:
You were the 2nd person to pick up on the INTENTIONAL error in my post....THE SECOND. My point is mad by the fact that only 2 people picked up on it. THAT'S IT. The "67", and not "66" was used to make a point. Obviously, one that was lost on you.
You're right, it was lost on me and apparently still is because I still think you f-ed up the number and won't admit it. But I'm stupid, I'll move on. You did prove your point.

-RB
Old 01-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #43
Noon

Oops, the tricky accidental-double post.

For anyone wondering, I did this on purpose to prove my ironic point.

(countdown to thread lockdown...3....2....1....)

-RB

Last edited by Noon; 01-01-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #44
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Zero.
Closed Thread