Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Umm...actually it isn't. Ohio State never felt "entitled" to anything...so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Meyer continues to show that he is a classless with no shame.

mush...

You agree with me then say you worry about injury. Just admit it was classless.

It won't hurt.

:thumbsup2:
Maybe entitled isn't the right word, but the team and everyone of the fans felt all they had to do was show up in Arizona and the title was theirs.

Yeah, leaving a QB in the game who's in his third career start and first big game is totally uncalled for. Tebow threw a grand total of 2 passes in the 4th quarter, the rest were running plays.

I guess anyone who doesn't have lil nuts on their helmets are classless...

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #17
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

With 78: Urban Meyer is a classless ass of a coach. Which is probably why he and the local classless ass of a coach 'round here are buddies. (Belichick, for the uninitiated or asleep.)
Old 09-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #18
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Absolutely Buck. There was no need to have him in there when our second team could score at will. As far as classless... I don't know about that. Tebow has an outside chance of attending the Heisman Trophy ceremony this year. That doesn't mean I think he will win but, the kid is pretty damn good.
Tebow has several things going against him: His age. Sophomores don't win Heismans.
His team will lose two games before bowl season: @LSU and some other random loss in the SEC, probably to someone he shouldn't lose to, like South Carolina or Kentucky.

McFadden was the early darling, and hasn't done much to wipe the shine off his apple. (Losing late to 'Bama will be easily forgotten by the Heisman voters if the Razorbacks win and/or he runs for 1800 yds and 30TDs).

Of course, Matt Ryan (ouch! Did I just type that?) is the more recent darling for Heisman, and is a lot more likely to get to the end of the season undefeated (and with better numbers) than Tebow.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #19
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

grizzle_810 is on a distinguished road

Tebow has done enough for the gator fans to proclaim him the messiah, that's fine. And killing UT is great on paper, but they are showing that maybe they should have never seen the top 25. As for Tebow, florida fans should be loving him as they are, it's just gonna take some more time or a victory over LSU for the rest of us to latch on, especially with heisman talk.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

As I said I don't think he'll win the Heisman this year but, like McFadden last year I expect him to be invited.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #21
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I'll take Andre Woodson any day over Tebow. He just surpassed David Greene for most consecutive completions without an INT (SEC record) and out-dueled Brian Brohm head-to-head!!!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #22
themush
Banned

Good point Marc. Woodson threw the ball all over the vaunted Louisville D, Eastern Kentucky, and Kent State.:lol:
Old 09-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #23
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Good point Marc. Woodson threw the ball all over the vaunted Louisville D, Eastern Kentucky, and Kent State.:lol:
As opposed to Florida playing Western Kentucky, Troy, and Tennessee? Florida beat the No. 22 team, Kentucky beat the No. 9.

Woodson: 65-of-95, 743 yds, 9 TD
Tebow: 45-of-61, 835 yds, 8 TD

Woodson's 6'5" with a rocket arm. Tebow's really good, but I'll take the fifth-year senior.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #24
themush
Banned

Don't forget Louisville giving up 299 yards passing against MTSU.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #25
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Absolutely Buck. There was no need to have him in there when our second team could score at will. As far as classless... I don't know about that. Tebow has an outside chance of attending the Heisman Trophy ceremony this year. That doesn't mean I think he will win but, the kid is pretty damn good.
Almost there mush...just a little more.

I'm calling Meyer classless for leaving him in and running the score up. The Heisman has nothing to do with anything.

Lightning won't strike you down to admit this mush...I promise. :thumbsup2:

Leave him and run it up the gut...fine. I have a little issue there but ok. What Florida did was a disgrace.

Jeff... Get some class yourself. You aren't talking to a "most of" or a "casual" Buckeye fan in here. Try asking why people feel the way they do (you made an ass of yourself in the Top Ten thread) instead of calling out things made up in your own head.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #26
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Absolutely Buck. There was no need to have him in there when our second team could score at will. As far as classless... I don't know about that
mushman, you should have some issue with it as well. Florida's last score against Troy, 2:50 left in the 4th, and Tebow runs up the gut? What the????

Dude, if Richt would have played Stafford at all in the 2nd half of the game this past weekend against Western Carolina, I would have freaked. He goes down, the season is ruined. The same thing could happen w/Tebow. Screw the Heisman, I want to win games.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #27
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
mushman, you should have some issue with it as well. Florida's last score against Troy, 2:50 left in the 4th, and Tebow runs up the gut? What the????
Oh Christ...tell me this didn't happen.

For the love of God.

I don't have access of course...watching Yankee games but I'll take your word for it.

We had Schoenhoft in the 2nd quarter vs. YSU and Akron...when both of the games were in doubt (all our games are always in doubt though ).

We also went for one when we were up 26-7 over Washington with 3:21 left in the game. I freaked. Less than a minute later and it was 27-14 and I was gulpin' Pepto. We did score with less than a minute left. It was Saine, our 3rd string back on a bust up the gut...tryin' to run the clock out.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #28
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
With 78: Urban Meyer is a classless ass of a coach. Which is probably why he and the local classless ass of a coach 'round here are buddies. (Belichick, for the uninitiated or asleep.)
:lol:

Plus Saban is in there with 'em too...seriously.

You know what though?

I kind of have a soft spot for Belichick and Saban. At the very least they are rude, smug a-ssholes who are truculent with the media (probably remind me of myself). I can sort of respect that...not that I'm condoning any/all of what they do.

Meyer can just be a p-ussy...plain and simple.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #29
themush
Banned

I don't know how else to say this so everyone listen up.... I AGREE TEBOW SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED AS LONG AS HE DID SATURDAY AGAINST THE VOLS. Everyone understand now?

:stupid:
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #30
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Oh Christ...tell me this didn't happen.

For the love of God.

I don't have access of course...watching Yankee games but I'll take your word for it.

Florida/Troy box score

I know he was in pretty late vs UT as well.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote