Everybody Wang Chung...

Dano will become famous soon enough

Dano's Speedy Sloppy Joe's

In a large skillet
add oil
brown 3/4 lb. ground beef
and 1/4 lb ground pork

After each is nicely brown
Tilt pan so grease forms to one side of skillet. Do not remove. To collected grease in pan,
Add 1/3 cup of green bell pepper. 1/3 cup of red bell pepper and 1/3 cup of onion (All these ingredients chopped)
You want to sweat the vegetables. SO add a little salt, a little fresh chopped garlic, a little paprika, and a little cumin. A little worcestershire sauce be before deg lazing.
To deg laze pour a little red wine around outside edge, folding the ingredients.
Stir in tbsp of yellow mustard some tomato sauce and a dab of tomato paste to your liking and you are finished.
Serve of a steamed or toasted bun.
Enjoy.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #167
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

This is one of my favorite threads! You guys keep at it... Sometimes I'm not around for weeks when I travel, but I gotta say, I love catching up on this thread... I just read Dano and Mush's posts (and laugh) and enjoy all the pics.

Great Stuff!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #168
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Dessert Nachoes at Senor Frogs in Myrtle Beach
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #169
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

That looks good. The dessert doesn't look so bad either.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #170
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

We got a Senor Frogs in Hawaii... and I honestly had no idea they served food!!
I've been there 4 times and each time was after 2am and I just had shots... classic
Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #171
themush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
We got a Senor Frogs in Hawaii... and I honestly had no idea they served food!!
I can't believe what I just read?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #172
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Well in my defense Mush... My buddy lives about half a block from Senor Frogs, so around last call time (3:30am) we would stop in and get shots on the way to his place. He knew a bartender that worked there and she would set us up. But at after midnight - no way was the grill on... but my drunk ass never noticed you could eat there.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #173
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

Dessert Nachoes at Senor Frogs in Myrtle Beach
Why is this young lady being fed dessert nachos under the table at Senor Frogs?
Old 05-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #174
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

I just witness the most amazing burger I have ever seen. Having the food network on in the back ground while I was getting some work done, Diners, Drive-ins & Dives was on. And the guy when to a place in Sacramento Ca. called The Squeeze Inn.

Mush, I'm telling you man, If we started a joint like this, creating Cheeseburgers like this guy does, Within a week. both McDonald's and Burger King would be outta business.

On a 1/3 lb. burger, that put 1/3 lb. of high grade cheddar cheese on the Burger. Topped with both Mayo and Mustard, a crispy pair a pickles, two tomato slices on a speciality bun. Or you can order it you way with a mushroom burger.

Take a look for yourself.

Notice all that cheese

Served piping hot

Now that's what I'm talkin bout

Customers say it's the crispness of the cheddar cheese that brings them back

Not a bad menu at all

And the magic is done in this hole in the wall joint. This is what makes America great.

From Arkansas to Florida, join us at Danomush Burgers tonight.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #175
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Video Update on the Squeeze Inn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W-xf_g9_LU
Old 06-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #176
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Well I thought I would come in a straighten up a bit since nobody has bothered using the kitchen of late. Seems other duties are more important than to provide cooking tips from members in dire need as Boston_Aloha. So I thought I would help out.
Hope you enjoy BA.

How to Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Ingredients

Peanut Butter
Jelly
Bread
Knife

Steps

1. Find the right bread: traditionally white bread is used (think "Wonder Bread" or "Bunny Bread, wheat is best") but for several reasons a multigrain/whole wheat is better for your health:
White bread isn't as sturdy and the jelly soaks through (remember your grade school field trips with packed lunches? Not good.)
White bread is extremely processed and lacks vitamins - why not make this delicious and healthy?
Multigrain adds its own flavor that complements the sweetness of the jelly and peanut butter.
When choosing whole wheat, make sure the bread is 100% whole grain wheat flour, not 100% enriched whole wheat flour.
Potato bread is a lesser known bread, but gives a starchy/sweet flavor that complements your jelly very nicely.

2. These consecutive slices, opened like butterfly wings will line up nicely when closed. Always take the second and third piece of bread because the end pieces taste bad. Use consecutive pieces and line them up for a nice even sandwich.

3. Choose your peanut butter. You'll need to decide between chunky or smooth. Chunky can often be harder to spread, as it can tear the bread. But it does add a nice crunch.

4. Choose your jelly. Not every flavor will work -- most people like grape, strawberry or raspberry.

5. Get a good amount of peanut butter on a knife or spoon (this amount varies with your personal preference) and spread it out evenly onto one of the slices of bread.

6. Wipe any residual peanut butter from the knife onto the second piece of bread.

7. Scoop some jelly onto the other slice of bread. Again, the amount is up to you, but when in doubt, use less rather than more. Jelly tends to squeeze out the edges and drip if you use too much. Make sure to spread the jelly evenly.

8. Gently press the two slices of bread together (facing the sides with the peanut butter and jelly towards each other). Always put the peanut butter side on top of the jelly side because the jelly will fall off.

triangular slicesCut sandwich. This could be in half crosswise into two congruent triangular slices, in half across the shorter width into two rectangles, into fourths either of these directions, or into as many pieces as you want. Enjoy!

Tips

It is less messy to spread the jelly before the peanut butter. Given the consistency, it is much easier to wipe jelly from a knife onto the bread. Spreading peanut butter first will likely result in peanut butter residue in the jelly jar.

Buttering the bread first (the side with the peanut butter) enhances the flavor. Be aware that it also adds fat to the meal.

If packing in a school lunch, the sandwich can be prepared using frozen bread slices. The sandwich will be thawed and still be slightly chilled for eating. Frozen bread also provides tear resistance.

For a variety, use different types of peanut butter (crunchy or smooth) and various jelly flavors (grape, strawberry, raspberry, etc.) try homemade jelly!

Putting potato chips, tortilla chips or pretzels on the sandwich makes the experience even crunchier and fun. Just make sure you add them at the last minute so they don't get soggy and lose the crunch factor. You can also add honey or bananas for a change of flavor.

You can make a smaller sandwich with just one slice of bread, folded in half. Remember to use half the usual amount of spreads or it will ooze out the edges.

Make an open-faced sandwich with just one slice of bread and your usual preferred amount of spread on top. Spread the peanut butter first and the jelly on top. This is the messiest PB&J sandwich, so eat carefully!

Remember to clean up afterward, so that no one else will be bothered with cleaning up your sticky mess.

If too much time goes by between the application of the jelly and consumption, the jelly can soak into the bread and make it soggy. So, if you plan on enjoying your creation a considerable while after you make it, spread peanut butter on both sides then spread the jelly on one side, thereby insulating the jelly from the bread.

You can also try mixing peanut butter, jelly and a bit of syrup in a bowl and then spreading that on the bread. It's yummy.

If you have trouble with spreading the peanut butter (ie, it tears up the bread, or stays in a glob), try stirring the peanut butter in the jar up a little before trying to apply it to the bread. It will loosen up the mix, and will be far easier to spread. Another tip for spreading peanut butter, especially the kind with peanuts in it, is to put some of the peanut butter in a bowl and microwave it on high for about 20 seconds. It will spread on the bread like butter.

Many mainstream brands of peanut butter contain partially hydrogenated oils that are bad for your health. An organic peanut butter, such as Teddy brand, is a healthier option that is equally as tasty.

If you are really hungry, try putting another slice of bread in the middle that has peanut butter on both sides.

Peanut butter and honey makes a very filling sandwich if you make it like this: 3 slices of bread, peanut butter on the two outside pieces, honey on both sides of the inside piece of bread. The longer the sandwich sits, the more the middle bread soaks up the honey.

When packing them for a trip or to school, find small sandwich bags with the tops that self-seal. After placing the sandwich in the bag, partially close the top till there is a small space of unsealed top left. Blow into the bag like you would a balloon and fill the baggie with air, then quickly finish sliding the top the baggie shut. This will act as protection against crushing the sandwich into a soggy mess.

If you are a serious PB&J consumer, grab one of the plastic containers that people store leftovers in. Take all the peanut butter out of the jar and store it in the plastic container. That way, you will not create the usual messiness that happens when trying to get peanut butter out of the bottom of a narrow jar while making your sandwich.

Warnings

Don't try this without a beverage to wash it down. Peanut butter is sticky on the inside, as well! Milk works best.

For peanut allergies, a good protein substitute is cream cheese.

Don't cut the bread before adding the spreads.

If you spread on a lot of peanut butter and jelly it will ooze out of the edges of the sandwich when you bite into it. Make sure you use a napkin to keep from making a mess.

Never put the peanut butter slice on top of the jelly. If the jelly slice is on the bottom, it will soak into the bread and you could have a pool of jelly. With that said, place the jelly slice on top of the peanut butter slice. The peanut butter if applied thick enough will prevent the jelly from soaking through the bottom slice of bread.

If you do lick the knife when done, be very careful of sharp edges!

Sometimes wheat bread is not the best tasting bread if you are used to white flour bread.

Consider removing the dry crust with a well-shaped cookie cutter or special sandwich cutter. Small children don't take enough time to chew the ends and can gag or choke.

Hopefully the above recipe will be something to better help you survive if ever hungry and cannot get a decent idea of anything else.
Happy eating Ahola and please stay tune for the next installment. There I will go into the step by step way to fix, Toast.

Bon Appetite
Old 08-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #177
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

For Sale
Going out of business
Old 08-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #178
themush
Banned

Ta Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step one: 2 pounder and a Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #179
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Give me some mashed potatoes with that and I'm set! :cheers:
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #180
themush
Banned

Forgot to post the after pics...