Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road
Default Tebow

So...14-19, 299 yards, 2 TD's against Tennessee, I believe three throws of 40 yards or more, a throw as he is horizontal and falling down to pick up a first down.

Who still thinks the guy can't throw?

Season totals

45 for 61 (73.7%), 836 yards, 8 TD's, 1 INT, 43 carries for 192 yards and 5 TD's.

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

If I'm a DC, I tell my safety to play 20 yeards back, and don't come up for any QB runs up the gut unless he gets past the LBs. His big throws all came on play action where he faked running up the middle, then stepped back and chunked it. He needs to learn to slide, or LSU will kill him.

Tennessee is bad. How do they expect the offense to score points when the defense can't get off the field? 1st Cal now UF. Field Goal Phil may be running out of time. If UGA manages to beat him at home, he's done at the end of the year.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Dano will become famous soon enough

Congrats to the Gators and their fans. I thought today, Tebow and company showed the SEC and the nation that they were able to defend their national championship with that showing. 59 points against Tennessee? Are you kidding me?

Last edited by Dano; 09-17-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Tennessee is quite bad. Tebow is quite good.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
If I'm a DC, I tell my safety to play 20 yeards back, and don't come up for any QB runs up the gut unless he gets past the LBs. His big throws all came on play action where he faked running up the middle, then stepped back and chunked it. He needs to learn to slide, or LSU will kill him.

Tennessee is bad. How do they expect the offense to score points when the defense can't get off the field? 1st Cal now UF. Field Goal Phil may be running out of time. If UGA manages to beat him at home, he's done at the end of the year.
Go ahead and tell your safeties to do that and Tebow will meet them 25 yards down field on a running play and plant them in the ground. Or he will throw underneath to Cornelius Ingram who has a mismatch against any LB or S they play. Or maybe Percy Harvin, Andre Caldwell, or Jarred Fayson will take the reverse and run right past your safeties. That is the problem with this offense, who do you try to stop?

Hell, even Cam Newton the freshman backup QB lowered his shoulder and about knocked a Tenn CB's head off on a run.

Oh yeah, more than 70% of the team are freshmen or sophomores...good luck the next few years SEC...

Old 09-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, the UT defense is atrocious. As is the special teams. Their stats the last 3 games:

Cal- 241 yards passing
230 yards rushing
221 return yards

Southern Miss- 264 yards passing
90 yards rushing
182 return yards

Florida- 299 passing yards
255 rushing yards
193 return yards

So the average given up by defense and special teams is:

269 yards passing
191 yards rushing
197 return yards

You won't win many games playing like that.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #7
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Levers View Post
Go ahead and tell your safeties to do that and Tebow will meet them 25 yards down field on a running play and plant them in the ground.
Until he runs into a hard hitting safety like LSU's Craig Steltz. Tebow better learn to slide, otherwise a head hunter is going to take his helmet off. You don't want your QB trying to man up and run over LBs. He won't last the season.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Until he runs into a hard hitting safety like LSU's Craig Steltz. Tebow better learn to slide, otherwise a head hunter is going to take his helmet off. You don't want your QB trying to man up and run over LBs. He won't last the season.
They said the same thing last season when he ran it on every team in the SEC, including Laron Landry, and they all knew he was going to run it. Nobody laid a big hit on him, but he sure laid a lot on them.

Go ahead and keep doubting him though...

Old 09-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
They said the same thing last season when he ran it on every team in the SEC, including Laron Landry, and they all knew he was going to run it. Nobody laid a big hit on him, but he sure laid a lot on them.

Go ahead and keep doubting him though...
And he played in, what, 15, 20% of the offensive plays? It's different when you play every down.

I'm not doubting his ability, other than his ability to keep healthy if he keeps running the way he does. Calm down dude. You're starting to sound like an LSU fan.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #10
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

I have Tennessee as the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC so winning at the Swamp isn't too much of a big deal to me...esp. with that Vol defense as Mike noted.

And umm...is there a reason why Meyer ran the score up?

He does know that his team can lose a game and still lie its way into the MNC game...doesn't he?
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Tebow benches +400lbs so I'm not worried about him getting his helmet knocked off. What I am worried about is a 175lb CB destoying his knee on a low hit. Seemed UT was all about going after his legs. Which I'll agree is how to bring a big runner down.

As far as Meyer leaving him in for to long...(God, I hate this) I agree with you Buck. No need for him to risk injury at that point in the game.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:02 PM   #12
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
I have Tennessee as the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC so winning at the Swamp isn't too much of a big deal to me...esp. with that Vol defense as Mike noted.

And umm...is there a reason why Meyer ran the score up?

He does know that his team can lose a game and still lie its way into the MNC game...doesn't he?
I guess that is still better than going into the game undefeated, thinking you are entitled to the BCS title, then geting spanked by 27 though

Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #13
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

He will have a great season and yes he can throw.:thumbup:
Old 09-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #14
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I guess that is still better than going into the game undefeated, thinking you are entitled to the BCS title, then geting spanked by 27 though
Umm...actually it isn't. Ohio State never felt "entitled" to anything...so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Meyer continues to show that he is a classless with no shame.

mush...

You agree with me then say you worry about injury. Just admit it was classless.

It won't hurt.

:thumbsup2:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely Buck. There was no need to have him in there when our second team could score at will. As far as classless... I don't know about that. Tebow has an outside chance of attending the Heisman Trophy ceremony this year. That doesn't mean I think he will win but, the kid is pretty damn good.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote