Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Bring Chad to Philly?

With much speculation that Chad Johnson may be traded, some fans in Philidelphia have started the campaign to bring the dynamic receiver to the Eagles... What do you think? Is it a good fit? Would you trade for Chad on your team? What would you give up? My guess is it will take a first and thrid round draft pick just to get the Bengals attention...

http://bringchad2philly.com/

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Anyone? Thoughts? No....

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Who cares about the Bengals???

ha ha... ok, got your attention Fresh!! (payback for that Patriots Cheaters remark!! )

I guess the morons in Philly did not learn a thing from the T.O. saga???

My question is, what would Palmer say if they lose his best WR?? I was surprised to hear him voice his opinion after the season was up.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Who cares about the Bengals???

ha ha... ok, got your attention Fresh!! (payback for that Patriots Cheaters remark!! )
Fair enough...

Quote:
I guess the morons in Philly did not learn a thing from the T.O. saga???
Let's be fair boston, Chad and T.O. aren't the same. Chad has never called out his QB to the media. He has never had anywhere near the problems that T.O. had. The only comparison is that they are both great WRs who like to celebrate, beyond that, they are very different.

Quote:
My question is, what would Palmer say if they lose his best WR?? I was surprised to hear him voice his opinion after the season was up.
It's hard to say... If it made the team better, he would be happy.

The trade I would like to see is CJ to the Jets for Vilma and a 3rd round pick... Vilma would improve the defense and the 3rd round pick could be used to pick up another receiver. The bengals would still have Housh and Chris Henry...

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Let's be fair boston, Chad and T.O. aren't the same. Chad has never called out his QB to the media. He has never had anywhere near the problems that T.O. had. The only comparison is that they are both great WRs who like to celebrate, beyond that, they are very different.
hmmmm... interesting remark. Did you ever think that maybe I was thinking more about Donovan McNabb reacting to the spotlight being taken off him with a stellar WR in Philly (I think I just heard Anythony cry out in joy!) and causing some drama again?
Quote:
It's hard to say... If it made the team better, he would be happy.

The trade I would like to see is CJ to the Jets for Vilma and a 3rd round pick... Vilma would improve the defense and the 3rd round pick could be used to pick up another receiver. The bengals would still have Housh and Chris Henry...
I guess... but I still think it could hurt a team when you trade away their #1. You hate to lose the #1 WR because they trade him. Like when the Pats lost Deon Branch it was because he was demanding more money... they wouldn't pay him and that really pissed off Brady. Grnated, it all worked out, but last season was a tuff one.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
hmmmm... interesting remark. Did you ever think that maybe I was thinking more about Donovan McNabb reacting to the spotlight being taken off him with a stellar WR in Philly (I think I just heard Anythony cry out in joy!) and causing some drama again?
Yeah, I hear ya, but I don't think McNabb was the problem in that situation...

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Me neither... I think it was all TO. But hasn't CJ gone off on the team when he was frustrated?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Me neither... I think it was all TO. But hasn't CJ gone off on the team when he was frustrated?
Yeah, but nothing like TO. TO was calling McNabb out in the media, as well as the coaches. Chad has blown up privately, in the locker room ect... But he has always given full repect to his teamates and coaches when talking to the media... :thumbsup2:

He is a team player, who can be a baby at times... But he is a team player nonetheless..

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Yet you want to see him go?? Or were you just saying who you'd like to see the Begals get IF he got traded?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #10
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Chad and T.O. are completely different in their levels of discontentment. I don't remember Johnson ever calling out coaches and rolling teammates under the bus with the vitriol that T. O. has a history of doing everywhere he has gone.

I would not mind seeing Johnson in Philly but it depends on what they would have to give up to get him.

I don't know that the Jets do that deal simply because they appear to be in a situation where a guy like Vilma really is not expendable and they would basically be robbing Peter to pay Paul when to upgrade the offense and degrade a defense that is not that strong to begin with.

From the Bengals perspective do you do that deal knowing Vilma is coming off knee surgery that caused him to miss the last 9 games of the season?

I also wonder if the Bengals could get a 1 and a 3 for Johnson.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #11
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
The problem with that T. O. has a previous history of doing it in S. F. before he ever came to Philly and had a couple of run-ins with coaches last season in Dallas.

Honestly, I think the whole rift in Philly started when Donovan was making pre-Super Bowl comments along the lines of: "We can win the Super Bowl without T. O." I think Owens' ego got bruised a bit because guys on the team didn't come out in the media and say, "Oh we are screwed with Owens we need him to win the Super Bowl."
Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Yet you want to see him go?? Or were you just saying who you'd like to see the Begals get IF he got traded?
I'm on the fence here. It would depend on the trade. IF the Bengals got a 1st and 3rd round pick, it would be worth it especially if the team was a "bad" team with high draft picks...

Losing him would hurt though, that's for sure. The Bengals better be sure they draft some great players if they make the trade...

Quote:
I would not mind seeing Johnson in Philly but it depends on what they would have to give up to get him.
Doublee, would you pull the trigger if you were the Eagles GM and the Bengals wanted a 1st and 3rd rounder?

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #13
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Doublee, would you pull the trigger if you were the Eagles GM and the Bengals wanted a 1st and 3rd rounder?
See, I don't know. You typically only do a deal like that for an established QB. I can't remember a WR ever commanding that high of a price in a trade, at least not in recent history. When you see what Moss and T. O. were dealt for and Javon Walker fetched a #2 pick. Granted Walker was damaged goods, but he was younger than Johnson is now. They may be able to get a #1 for him but I think they may be hard pressed to get a 1 and a 3.

But, ultimately, it truly depend on whether they have any intention on keeping McNabb or not. If they decide to move McNabb and go with Kolb as their guy I don't know that getting Johnson is the best move to make when Kolb is probably a couple of years away from ever being a productive QB in the NFL. If they went to Kolb they are likely setting themselves up for at least two or three years of not being a legit contender. By then Johnson will be 32/33 years old and could very well be on the downside of this career by then.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
I can't remember a WR ever commanding that high of a price in a trade, at least not in recent history.
When Randy Moss went to the Raiders he commanded a bit of a higher price.

Moss was traded to the Oakland Raiders for linebacker Napoleon Harris and the Raiders' 1st round (7th overall, which Minnesota parlayed into WR Troy Williamson) and 7th round picks in the NFL draft.

I think Johnson is just about as good as Moss was when that trade occured...

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

That is true Moss did command a premium price but I honestly would not put Johnson in Moss' class simply because Moss is a once in a generation athlete and he brings more upside to how he affects a game than Johnson does. Johnson is a great player but he just not as unique of a talent in terms of his speed, athleticism, and height that Moss is. Moss was once seen as a guy who was untouchable in terms of a trade and I am just not sure Johnson has that kind of mystique about him. He is closer to T. O. in terms of what he brings to the table than Randy Moss.

Secondly, Moss was only 27 when he was dealt to Oakland while Johnson turns 30 in a couple of days. Three years is a lot in terms of a NFL career.