Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-05-2002, 10:48 PM   #31
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

I remember Oklahoma always having trouble w/ Oklahoma State in the past, I think they may overlook that game and be caught offguard.

Tressel won't allow Ohio State to overlook any game. As for Michigan, they will be looking for revenge from last year, I expect it to be close. As long as we start playing football in the first half we should be fine.

I think Pittsburgh is a very underrated team. I watched parts of their game vs. VT and I was impressed. Watch for them to take out Miami.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:53 PM   #32
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I think it'll be Miami/Oklahoma in the end, although I'm pulling for the Buckeyes. What is so ludicrous to me is how Texas could sneak in when some help of a few teams losing. They were obliterated by Oklahoma and still could end up playing in the Fiesta Bowl. What a screwed up system.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:19 PM   #33
NickHammy
Sports Virtuoso

NickHammy is on a distinguished road

The sad thing is that Texas could end #2 at the end of the season and Oklahoma would have to win the Big 12 Championship game in order to get a bid to the National Championship game whereas Texas would already have it. If this happens expect something to actually be done to fix this system because that is just wrong.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:54 PM   #34
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Oklahoma State could definitely trip up Oklahoma this season.....actually the point spread on that game should be no more than around 5 to 6! That is an in state rivalry....and both sides will be jacked! Oklahoma State ruined Oklahoma's season last year, and they may do it again! Oklahoma really needs to worry about Texas A&M this weekend as well! Then like everyone has said they still have to play in that lovely Big 12 Championship game....which is unfair because the 2 other undefeated teams Ohio State and Miami don't have to play in a Conference Championship Game! So, yes Oklahoma has the best chance to lose a game the rest of the way in my opinion!

And at this point, I think Ohio State has the best chance to go undefeated of all 3 of the teams left!

Miami really needs to be careful playing at Tennessee this weekend for homecoming! Tennessee will play their most inspired game of the season....this one should be close! But I think Miami handles the rest of their games!

Joey