Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Yet another link between Al Qaeda and the Republican party

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I think it's safe to say at this point that many more links between Al Qaeda and Republicans have been proven than between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. Especially Republicans involved in the Reagan administration.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

SoonerCenturion is on a distinguished road

it's all a HUGE conspiracy, we should take what Michael Moore and Al Gore say as pure fact, and the republican party organized 9/11. You can't judge a whole party by one bad apple, regardless of your personal bias.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCenturion View Post
it's all a HUGE conspiracy, we should take what Michael Moore and Al Gore say as pure fact, and the republican party organized 9/11. You can't judge a whole party by one bad apple, regardless of your personal bias.
Conspiracy? How do you figure? Do you want me to name all of the republicans who have funded and armed both Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. There are many, including one by the name of Donald Rumsfeld:

That's not photoshop... that's a real photo.

"One bad apple?"

I guess you haven't been paying attention to all the republican scandals over the last 7 years...

According to the logic used to justify war with Iraq, the republican party may have reason to expect attack from the US government. Let's see - they have access to weapons of mass destruction, ties to Al Qaeda, and they pose a threat to the middle east...

I get it - when they were trying to sell us on the war, they were actually talking about the Republican party, not Saddam Hussein...

Think Fresh.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

That's it! Bomb Congress!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

SoonerCenturion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Conspiracy? How do you figure? Do you want me to name all of the republicans who have funded and armed both Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. There are many, including one by the name of Donald Rumsfeld:

That's not photoshop... that's a real photo.

"One bad apple?"

I guess you haven't been paying attention to all the republican scandals over the last 7 years...

According to the logic used to justify war with Iraq, the republican party may have reason to expect attack from the US government. Let's see - they have access to weapons of mass destruction, ties to Al Qaeda, and they pose a threat to the middle east...

I get it - when they were trying to sell us on the war, they were actually talking about the Republican party, not Saddam Hussein...
don't let your bias get in the way of logic and fact, how many democrats were linked?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCenturion View Post
don't let your bias get in the way of logic and fact, how many democrats were linked?
Sooner, you aren't answering my questions. You aren't presenting any logic or fact. You keep questioning my bias, but presenting no information to counter my point.

Present some information please.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky the Kid View Post
That's it! Bomb Congress!
Why? Congress hasn't done anything wrong

Think Fresh.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Are they not aiding and abetting these Republican congressmen?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Are they not aiding and abetting these Republican congressmen?
No, this was done without their knwoledge.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

But without a Congress, the congressmen would have no resources with which to operate. This is the only way to truly prevent them from dealing with the terrorists. Congress must be bombed.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
But without a Congress, the congressmen would have no resources with which to operate. This is the only way to truly prevent them from dealing with the terrorists. Congress must be bombed.
Ricky, I see what you are trying to do... It doesn't change the fact that several republicans have been linked to our "enemies."

Think Fresh.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Again Fresh is dwelling on things that happened over 20 years ago -- bring some present time evidence, if you please.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Read it catman. It's about as current as you can get...

Think Fresh.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

All I'm trying to do is lighten the mood before we all bring out the guillotine.

Is it cause for embarrassment FOR ALL OF US that several United States citizens...let alone congressmen elevated into positions of trust and leadership...have been caught aiding deadly serious enemies to the world? Absolutely. It's sickening.

But maybe instead of using this occasion as yet another opportunity to play the Republican vs. Democrat game that gets us as a country NOWHERE...maybe the patriots of this republic should think about what really matters from time to time.

The current trend in American politics is to elevate the party above everything. This party, whether it be Democrat or Republican, is sacrosanct. If it isn't, then it is the ideology, Conservative or Liberal. The other side is the bitterest enemy, and politics in this country are conducted by picking a side, and then focusing all resources on how to defeat the enemy. There are no statesmen working for the best interest of the entire nation with a view to the common good. We only have squabling, pety politicians...paper-pushers and bureaucrats...little committeemen.

And while all this is going on generations of American citizens grow up not understanding their country's history, traditions, principles, and Constitution...we are ammassing trillions in debts with no sign of responsibility in sight, and there are millions of religious fanatics all around the world itching for the chance to strap a bomb accross their chests, walk into a preeschool, and blow it to Hell.

If we didn't have any real problems, I'd be a little more anxious to argue over which political party is the coolest....but unfortunately we do.

Last edited by Richard the Lionheart; 01-17-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Richard the Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #15
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

OK Fresh, you have mentioned a single criminal act. How does the action of one criminal link the Republican Party to al Qaeda?
Also, picturing Saddam with Donald Rumsfeld proves nothing, other than that you are reaching for anything to make a point. I thought that Saddam was not linked with al Qaeda. I guess you have changed your mind on that one.
The guy in your story was in Congress, so they are just as guilty as the Republican Party is.
Abolish Congress!!!!! They have ties to terrorism.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote