Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 12-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #16
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Make no mistake, if the Heat don't win the championship they are utter failures. And quite frankly, I don't like their chances. (did I just say quite frankly????)

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #17
digital7
Deep South

digital7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Sorry, but the Heat suck. It was a bad move to dismantle the team that was a game from the Finals last year. And to make matters worse, they added the wrong kind of players you need to win. It's just a bad combination. The Pistons will easily mow them over, and probably the Pacers, too. 18-3 and better than ever. It's going to be Spurs/Pistons again, IMO.

I agree. Riley made terrible offseason moves to acquire both Jason Williams and Antoine Walker.. with the latter being the worse of the two. James Posey was an excellent addition, however, he's just not playing up to par.

They should have just kept things intact -- it was working wasnt it?
digital7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:45 AM   #18
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Shaq + Wade + Riley = championship, barring injuries. Shaq's notorious for only showing up when it counts, but when he does show up- look out.

Obviously, most of you don't think the Heat will do as well as I predict, but I'm happy with my prediction.
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #19
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

da12ken...

Agreed on the complete failures theory. Thing is, no one knows that more than Riley. That's why this whole thing might work after all. He's old school: there's winning and failure, no middle ground.

Anyone been watching these Riley post-game interviews? Man, the ego on this guy...LOL. Nothing you can say really though...he'll just throw one of his championship banners over your head and kick your butt.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #20
JayRedd
All-Star Player

JayRedd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndo
Shaq + Wade + Riley = championship, barring injuries. Shaq's notorious for only showing up when it counts, but when he does show up- look out.
I definetely think I overrated this Miami team too, but I'll save any real further analysis on them until after the All Star break. But right now, there's no way they can beat Detroit in a 7 game series. No Way. But the funny thing is that even with their highly mediocre record so far, the new three-division playoff seeding system probably already makes them a lock for 2 seed because of a horrible Atlantic Division and not much competition coming from the SouthEast either.

And it's also really stupid that either Indy or Cleveland is going to be a 4 seed when Philly is the number 3 with homecourt advantage. This new system is David Stern's worst move in years if you ask me.

Last edited by Marc; 12-20-2005 at 06:56 PM.
JayRedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #21
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

It is not necessarily a 'new system' it is done the same in all of the other major sports leagues. Division winners always get home field/court over non-division winners in the playoffs. He is merely doing what the other leagues do.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #22
Slinky
Gilbert Arenas

Slinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndo

Obviously, most of you don't think the Heat will do as well as I predict, but I'm happy with my prediction.
Well if Shaq does show up, it is only for one quarter. In LA, it was the same. Dominates for one quarter and slows down. In Miami it was the same, dominate the likes of the Wizards and Nets for one quarter, and slows down.

Granted, sometimes one dominating quarter is all they need, but this team doesn't have the same feeling like last year. Shaq was much more into winning and sticking it to the Lakers. This year, getting his contract and teammates, he is much more laid back.

And defensively, Payton and Jason Williams was much worse than last years point guards. At least Keyon Dooling can step in and stay in front of someone, neither of those two can.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:14 PM   #23
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Everytime I see Jason Williams play hes constantly trying to make plays by himself, and he hasnt been too successful.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:45 PM   #24
JBryant12
Rookie Player

JBryant12 is on a distinguished road

I agree that Payton and Walker were bad additions but the thing i do like about the Heat is Alonzo Mourning....seeing him play takes me back to the good ole days of Michael Jordan....
JBryant12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:06 AM   #25
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Alonzo Mouring and Michael Jordan in the same sentence? Do they both like puppies and long walks on the beach? Otherwise, I hope this isn't some kind of basketball comparison (in terms of talent or otherwise).

Signed,

A huge MJ hater too.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:44 PM   #26
JayRedd
All-Star Player

JayRedd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78

Signed,

A huge MJ hater too.
MJ Haters still exist?