Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 12-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #46
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Wow. Carolina's defense looks like swiss chese vs Houston. Who's the idiot who won't switch out of man coverage and play some zone?
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #47
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Oh man...Oregon State...Mike Riley...awesome. Going for 2 after that comeback, the hell with overtime.

Sun Bowl...this one was awesome.

Mizzou should have called a timeout, but damn, awesome. And they ran it.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #48
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

The play that got the touchdown for OSU though, looked like the tight end flinched a little and should have been false start. I was surprised the refs didnt call it.

Gutsy call to go for the win there too.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #49
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Wow. Carolina's defense looks like swiss chese vs Houston. Who's the idiot who won't switch out of man coverage and play some zone?

Yeah, uh, I think Spurrier arranged it so that the teams just would not play any defense at all. This is getting out of hand...and it's not halftime.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #50
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

The Sun Bowl was just incredible. Easily the most entertaining bowl game thus far, narrowly edging out yesterday's Independence Bowl. You really have to hand it to Mike Riley to go for two in a situation like that. Really gutsy call.

The Champs Sports Bowl is a big dud. Purdue's passing attack looks horrible and a really bad Maryland team is moving the ball at will on them. Bad start to the Big Ten bowl season. At least Minnesota seems to be making up for it, up 38-14 on Texas Tech near the end of the 3rd quarter. What a roll Minnesota has been on since the near loss to North Dakota State and being shutout by Ohio State.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:55 AM   #51
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
At least Minnesota seems to be making up for it, up 38-14 on Texas Tech near the end of the 3rd quarter.
Yeah...uh...about that...
Old 12-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #52
Alex
#1 Student Section

Looks like I spoke too soon. Damn you, NFL Network. Looks like just about everyone missed an instant classic.

I have no idea what happened, beyond that TT won 44-41 in 2 OT's, but, damn, that must've been one exciting fourth quarter.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:15 AM   #53
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

And one painful quarter for Gopher fans. From the highlights it looks like everything was going right for the Gophers before the wheels just fell off. I mean, in the first half, something like 21-0, Cupito threw a pick...TT looked like they'd be in the endzone or at least the red zone and they fumble it back to the Gophers on the same play?! Then TT starts that last drive for a 52-yard FG from like the 5?

Stupid NFL Network.

It's surprising that the Gophers let them back in this game, but that team is pretty damn lousy, so maybe it shouldn't be. As intriguing as the 4th quarter comeback is...I'm a little more interested in how Cupito put 38 on the board in 2 and a half quarters. I guess it was just two lousy defenses and things eventually evened out.

Aside from the Maryland/Purdue dud of a game, pretty good day of Bowl Games.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #54
The Pirate Bob
All-Star Player

The Pirate Bob is on a distinguished road

What is your record so far in the bowl pickem contest thread?
Over the first 20 games I am 16-4. Sure won alot in last second however.

Last edited by The Pirate Bob; 12-31-2006 at 05:52 PM.
The Pirate Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #55
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Anyone catch the Music City Bowl? My Cats hammered Clemson, and the final score wasn't very indicative of the game. First bowl win in 20+ years, and Andre Woodson, our QB, is a definite pro prospect now, with 300 yards and 3 TDs. Go Cats!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:05 PM   #56
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Bob
Over the first 20 games I am 16-4. Sure won alot in last second however.
And I sure lost a lot.

Currently, I am 12-9 in my bowl predictions.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #57
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

Good first half for Penn State. Morelli played solid . Tennessee probably ran the ball on them in that half better than anyone has all season. Other than when Tenn tried those gadget runs sideways, they had their way with PSU. Going to have to correct that for the second half.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #58
Alex
#1 Student Section

PSU 20, Tennessee 10

Morelli played, by far, his best game at PSU. For once, I only needed one hand to count his mistakes. Great job by the defense to really hold a damned good Volunteer offense in check most of the game. Hunt is going to be tough to replace but suddenly PSU is lookin' good heading into '07. After this one, I think people will be a little more hopeful about PSU chances in the Big Ten next season.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #59
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

^ Yea, the defense really stepped up today. Morelli made some great throws and Penn State had a few questionable calls regarding catches that didn't go their way. Tony Hunt did his usual thing, racking up 150+ yards. Scoratto laid a mean shot on Swain in the first half but I'll give Swain credit for getting back in the game a few plays later. And Posloszny went out on a good note today, he had an awesome game.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #60
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
but suddenly PSU is lookin' good heading into '07. After this one, I think people will be a little more hopeful about PSU chances in the Big Ten next season.
If the Big Ten is as inept next season as they were this year, then there is certainly a chance for PSU to make a dent in things, especially if Ohio State has a couple stumbling moments in trying to replace Troy Smith. Michigan will certainly be the favorites, though.