Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #31
RavenPoe
All-Star Player

RavenPoe is on a distinguished road

Again, it seems like I'm nitpicking you. Chris Perry is a solid back, but not 1st rounder. Could have got him in the second round. Henry, I yi yi yi. I understand why you like him. I also understand why Jerry Jones like TO. OK, to name a few I'd take before Henry.

Vincent Jackson
Patrick Crayton
Devery Henderson
Santonio Holmes

None of them are Prima donnas and they don't take off plays like Henry. He's an attitude problem that's only gonna get bigger. How long before you think he's gonna demand to start? How's that gonna go over with Chad and TJ? I just don't see it going well. I know he had 9 TDs this year. Owens had 13 for comparison.
RavenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #32
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Vincent Jackson
Patrick Crayton
Devery Henderson
Santonio Holmes

Holmes is the 2nd reciever now and so is Henderson. You have to be kidding with the other 2.

I don't think it is fair to say Perry is not a 1st round pick, considering he has been injured 2 out of his 3 years. He could very easily take Rudi's job next year.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #33
RavenPoe
All-Star Player

Holmes might be 2 (though he's still listed as 3) but Henderson is definitely not. Only due to Colstan's injury. You obviously haven't seen Vincent Jackson's numbers. Crayton is a bit of an unknown to most. Watch him though, he'll become one of the top receivers in the league. He reminds me of Hines Ward.

Perry has done nothing so far. But that's not even the point. The point is, they could have gotten him in the second round. No one else was gonna take him.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #34
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Poe, take a look at Perry's numbers last year. He was a huge part of the offense and his absence was a big part of the drop off this year.

Henry is much better than Holmes anyway. He had 4 times the TDs and nearly as many yards. He did all this with TJ and Chad on the same team. Not to mention he missed 3 games this year. He scored 9 TDs in 13 games, not bad. Find me a reciever in the league with a TD per game ratio as good as that. Not to mention a 3rd reciever.

Henry would start for every other team in the AFC north, and most teams in the NFL.

Perry will emerge next year if he stays healthy and take the starting job from Rudi within the next 2 years. (take it to the bank)

Think Fresh.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #35
RavenPoe
All-Star Player

CK,

You're nuts if you think Henry would start on the Ravens. After the season Williams had, I'm not sure he'd get the number 3 spot. No one would unseat Mark Clayton right now. He'd look like Jerry Rice on the Bengals.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 AM   #36
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenPoe View Post
CK,

You're nuts if you think Henry would start on the Ravens. After the season Williams had, I'm not sure he'd get the number 3 spot. No one would unseat Mark Clayton right now. He'd look like Jerry Rice on the Bengals.
Hahaha poe, you're killing me.

The Ravens don't have one reciever that would even make the Bengals practice squad (hyperbole). Chad Johnson is a Hall of Famer, TJ is great. Trust me, Henry would start on the Ravens. He is faster and taller than any reciever on the Ravens and probably scored more TDs than any Ravens receiver.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #37
eman484
The Steel Jaw

eman484 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, long time no chat. Let me give you my two cents on this one. First off, CK you know my arguement on Holmes and Henry. I think they are pretty equally talented, btu I would stick with Holmes because I think he has a better attitude. As for Ravnepoe's comments, I have to agree with CK. The Bengals receiving corps win in a landslide over the Ravens. I think the Ravens have quality receivers but I wouldn't call them spectacular. On the other hand, Chad Johnson may be the best in the game right now and T.J. is one of the top #2 WRs in the league.

I wouldn't trade Santonio for any of them because of his upside, but (skill wise) I still think the Bengals hold the title for best overall receiving corps in the AFC North and maybe even the entire league.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #38
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Well said eman.

I don't think poe was arguing who has the better recievers. I think he was just overstating his argument that Clayton is better than Henry.

Next year should be fun huh? I think it could be a 3 way race for the AFC North all the way until the last week.

Think Fresh.