Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #106
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Marino 13,
It's so refreshing to see people like you. (people who actually question)

The funny thing is most people will write this off as either quincidence (sp?) or just "crazy liberals" making things up. They would never take the time to read into this and look at these things with an open mind.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #107
eman484
The Steel Jaw

eman484 is on a distinguished road

I would like all of you guys to go to this link I am about to post and pause the video at 24 seconds. Coming from teh right you will see a white "blip" or whatever you want to call it. Eitehr way, it is something maving very quickly toward the pentagon. I would like all of you to tell me if this "blip" looks like it is anywhere near the size of a 747. Also, look at the shadow on the ground. Have you ever seen the shadow of a plane like a 747? Well, I am in the Air Force and I have seen shadows from planes on more than a regular basis. A 747 would seem to make a much larger shadow than what is depicted in this video. I will let you guys be the judges, and please give your honest and objective answers. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAaP4...elated&search=
Old 01-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #108
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

I can't tell at all. I really can't say. It is too unclear for me. But I would trust your judgement.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #109
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Marino 13,
It's so refreshing to see people like you. (people who actually question)

The funny thing is most people will write this off as either quincidence (sp?) or just "crazy liberals" making things up. They would never take the time to read into this and look at these things with an open mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
I can't tell at all. I really can't say. It is too unclear for me. But I would trust your judgement.
Not to comment on any specifics of theories here, but this struck me as.....wrong? off? Why is it you want people to question the government CK, question any witnesses who's stories agree with the given explaination, yet you're perfectly willing to trust eman about this?

I'm neither trying to disprove any of your points nor questioning the validity of what eman posted. I just wonder why you seem to disbelieve the given explaination and evidence so vehemently on the one hand (and want others to do the same) and yet accept so quickly on the other.

For all I know you and eman are close friends and you have first-hand knowledge of his expertise and impartiality. Just struck me as inconsistant.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #110
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Montro,
I see your point.

If you read my post I said it is too unclear for me to tell. I don't think it is very conclusive at all. He claims to have some expertise in the area so until I have reason to believe otherwise I will trust his judgement.

The reason I want people to question the government is because if we don't we could end up living in a very scary society. The government has the power. Eman is just one man. Plenty of people will automatically question an average person, yet not enough people question those who can truly hurt us. Eman doesn't have the power to do anything to me or society, the government does.

I hope that made sense.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #111
eman484
The Steel Jaw

Well, I can't comment for CK, but I would still like to here your thoughts on the video Montrovant. Does it look like it could be a plane? I just want your honest opinion. As of now, I don't really know what to believe. I am not one for conspiracy theories by any means, but I do find, the approach angle, the supposed speed of the supposed aircraft and the shadow in this video to be conflicting. What do you think?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #112
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

I hadn't watched the video before that last post, just to be clear

Having watched it now....it's very hard to say much. Could it have been a plane? Yes. It doesn't LOOK like a plane, but honestly it just looks like some unidentified white object to me. I don't even see a shadow so can't try and use that as a determination. It could be just the nose of a plane, the entire plane so blurred from speed that you can't see it's shape, I just don't know. Feel like a ref in the nfl watching the video, going back, play, pause.....going back, play, pause....lol.

I would point out that at about 1:35 of the video, a car drives by a bit away from the camera, which might be useful as a perspective tool. Don't know if it will in anyway help identify what hit the building, just thought I'd point it out for those of you with better eyes than me
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #113
eman484
The Steel Jaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsn4J...elated&search=

Here is another interesting video that I found
Old 01-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #114
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Nice video :lol: that 2-star sounds like a quack! Did you hear the way he talks? That "halting" style of speech. Reminds me of Frank Costanza.
I'm sorry but I believe nothing he says. Just my opinion.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #115
eman484
The Steel Jaw

I don't really believe anything I hear. You can't even believe half the stuff you see nowadays because of the manipulations possible with today's technology. All I know is that when I watch this video, I get close to teary eyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLDj9...elated&search=

It's the most F***ed up thing I have ever seen in my life.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #116
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

grizzle_810 is on a distinguished road

This has all been on my mind a lot lately. I am not sure which way to go. I am sure that the prospect of this being American-made (9/11) not only scares me to death but saddens me. Why would anyone do it? All for money? It's just insane as either a terrorist strike or a conspiracy.

throwback: "coincidence" is the sp i think
Old 01-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #117
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Marino13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle_810 View Post
Why would anyone do it? All for money? It's just insane as either a terrorist strike or a conspiracy.
IMO, and many that believe that the US was somehow involved point to many plans pre-9/11 to get a military presence in the Gulf. The Americans wouldn't support a war with IRAQ without what the pentagon officials termed "A new pearl harbor"

The motivation for war benefits too many to list...from the current administration to defense contractors...etc. Not to mention the billions made in insurance by the lease holder of the WTC and the people that made millions in the put options.

Basically it was engineered or allowed to happen because the US needed the support of the citizens to start moving military into that region and to increase defense spending.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #118
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

marino,

thanks for the insight. I guess you misunderstood me a bit. I get what the reasons would be, and why war is lucrative for some, but I was hitting it on a more emotional/philosophical level. I understand greed can get powerful, but 3,000 americans dead just blows my mind. at least the majority of pearl harbor casulties were military. this was 3,000 flat-out civilians and innocents. plus, if any attack on our soil would do, why the WTC and new york? seems a little overkill. i mean, americans are all the same to a point, but couldn't they muster support if just an office building went down in topeka? (first random city, i mean nothing against the wonderful people of topeka). maybe it DID have to be on the scale of WTC and the pentagon, i don't know. but for the govt to set up or allow something at the pentagon seems more ludicrous than anything. and for those full-blown conspiracy folks, what about the ditched plane in pennsylvania? if someone planned all this from the inside, why did that plane go down and for what purpose? it's amazing that I JUST NOW remember the other plane and the pentagon. WTC really dominates the 9/11 story, do people even remember the plane in PENN and what it's reason is in terms of attack or conspiracy? strange to think.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #119
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

one more thing: if this was about defense contracts or money in any way, didn't the string pullers consider the financial impact on the nation as a whole? the amount of damage done to our economy and the airlines HAS to outweigh any gain from military spending. sure, the defense contracts generate money, but nothing like what we lost form the attack, so why try to simultaneously make money and tank the very economy in which you can spend/invest it? pardon my rambling nature, all. just thinking this out.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #120
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle_810
but couldn't they muster support if just an office building went down in topeka? (first random city, i mean nothing against the wonderful people of topeka).
Wonderful?

**** 'em.

And, I think you need to compare the overall impact on the world of an airplane flying into the World Trade Center in New York City to that of an airplane flying into Captain Bob's Tasty Barbecue in Topeka.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote