Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #16
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The Hawks/Heat is getting a bit chippy tonight. How they called a flagrant foul on Wade I will never know. I expect that one to be reversed once the league looks at the tape.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM   #17
GilbertArenas
All-Star Player

GilbertArenas is on a distinguished road

There were some hard fouls in that game for sure! Wade's head really bounced off the floor on that one play, good to see he came back. Check out the highlights from the game here, it's got all the fouls and shoving that was going on.
GilbertArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #18
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Rondo just elbowed Hinrich on the Bulls, a game after he was under fire for swiping at the face of another player, allegedly by mistake. I wonder if he's going to develop a reputation after all this. And is it bad I am kind of hoping for a fight to break out? Yeah, I said it. Freakin' Knicks/Heat '90s-style. These playoffs will not be complete until a Van Gundy is hanging on someone's legs as craziness ensues. As Marv Albert would say, YES!!!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

I think there is a good chance of a fight breaking out in the next Heat/Hawks game.

Bulls/Celtics going to yet another OT.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibachiDG View Post
Also, with the Magic having, easily, the worst headcoach left out there, the Sixers certainly have a legit shot to win the series.
I am not convinced DiLeo is any better of a coach than Van Gundy is. They were already talking about who else should be the coach next season before the series even ended.

Looks like Derrick Rose still cannot hit a clutch free throw.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
IceTheKnees
Rookie Player

IceTheKnees is on a distinguished road

Home court helped in that game 7, Chicago was struggling to hit shots. Check out the highlights here if you missed it.
IceTheKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #22
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Not saying it made a difference one way or the other but I thought the officiating was lacking a bit in last night's game. Just some odd calls that I did not quite understand where they were coming from.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
GilbertArenas
All-Star Player

GilbertArenas is on a distinguished road

Yea I can see that argument... On a side note breather from the Playoffs... it's being reported that Lebron James is the MVP... there is a press confrence at 4pm, you can watch it here.
GilbertArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #24
Marc
Administrator

Why is it I feel like we're getting spammed by NBA.com? :lol:

Celtics/Magic is an intriguing series that I think will be close and could go seven. If it does and the C's somehow prevail, I think that will be it for them because two seven-game series will wear them out considerably. But it's intriguing because the Celtics have the edge on the perimeter and the Magic have a big edge inside. I think the Magic will win this in six or seven...

Surprising to see the Lakers fall at home to the Rockets. I think it might be better to start Odom and bring Bynum off the bench as the team is more cohesive and used to Odom starting.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

Surprising to see the Lakers fall at home to the Rockets. I think it might be better to start Odom and bring Bynum off the bench as the team is more cohesive and used to Odom starting.
It is a bit of a catch-22 for the Lakers. The problem with starting Odom is it forces Gasol to match up with Yao and we all saw what happened when Gasol had to play Garnett last year. If Bynum starts that allows Gasol to not have to play Yao and matchup with Scola.

I don't know if it so much about cohesion as it is that Bynum is just not yet mentally tough enough to handle it. The main reason Bynum was drafted 10th instead of going in the top five was teams thought he was very immature and you here things here and there in the media suggesting he still has some growing up to do.

What was Derek Fisher thinking last night with that body check on Scola? Dumb move by such a highly regarded veteran.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #26
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
What was Derek Fisher thinking last night with that body check on Scola? Dumb move by such a highly regarded veteran.
I figured this kind of response by most and got it as well from the media.

When you're up 11 late in the 4th after showing you can't keep the other team down and need to win a game cuz you'll go down 2-0 after having homecourt, you need to do this when you play with a bunch of p-ussies and a glorified diva in Kobe Bryant. Make no mistake, the Lakers are still p-ussies. The last time someone gut checked them they got their asses kicked cuz they're p-ussies (see 2008 Finals).

He was just making sure they got the one win. It's the mentality of a winner from a vet with 3 rings. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was the right move. About time too...
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #27
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

NBA taking all the fight out of the game

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...ut-of-the-game

By taking down Larry Legend, the Pistons center had made himself a marked man. At some point in the series he, too, was going down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwB7OGR1kE

Sure enough, Robert Parish unloaded on Laimbeer with a series of punches in Game 5, sending everyone's favorite agitator to the floor in a heap

Somehow there wasn't even so much as a foul called. You really have to watch the YouTube clip to try to wrap your mind around this. In the middle of a scrap for a rebound the Chief delivered a Pacquiao-esque flurry to Laimbeer's noggin and was not whistled for a foul, never mind a technical.

When the league suspended Parish for one game — yes, exactly the punishment Alston got for his love tap upside Eddie House's headband — Rod Thorn said, "Fighting has no part in our game, and we will do whatever it takes in terms of increased fines and suspensions to see that it is eliminated.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tc7TXMBT8

Ah...when basketball was a man's game
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #28
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

^

Exactly

I've only heard one person defend Fish and it was Mashburn on ESPN. Fish should tell the rest of the Lakers "Kurt Rambis ain't walkin' thru that door".

Although, technically, he is cuz he's on the staff.

The 70s were a bit different than the 80s because the in-game play was more physical with less blowups like we had in the Bird-Magic era. If Kermit Washington hadn't almost killed Rudy T. the game would have been even more physical in-game during the 80s with your occassional blowups. Now it's a cross between chess and table tennis. If the skill level wasn't half of what it was 20 to 30 years ago it would be easier to digest but it is what it is.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #29
Marc
Administrator

Cavs continue to dismantle their opponents, winning by double digits every game and people are talking about them going 4-0, 4-0, 4-0. Mo Williams put them over the edge as a great team, IMO. It's just crazy how they've become so dominant with "blah" guys like Varejao playing major minutes. Just not impressed by their roster other than James, and wondering how they are THIS good.

Other than that, Denver has to be the surprise of the playoffs...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #30
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Cleveland is so good because of how well they defend. They allowed the fewest points in the league this year.