Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
The Executioner
All-Star Player

The Executioner is on a distinguished road
Default Virginia Tech vs. Miami

I can't wait for this one, shaking right now. Blacksburg is ready to go and will be rocking 7:45 Saturday. College Gameday crew i'm sure will be there and i'm pumped. WE've got hopes of a title and we need to beat Miami. The question is, are we at a postion where we have to blow them out. Were much closer in the USA today poll than we were and I'm glad they don't use the AP b/c were far behind there. We need WVU to beat Connecuticut tonight and run the table, BC, Maryland, FSU, and Miami (after were done with them) to do well for are SOS rankings to bolster. Pulling against Ohio State and Texas Tech. But back to the game. Theres been alot of specuation that Miami will win this feirce rivalry, but I don't see how this year. We've got them pretty much everywhere except for pass coverage where even Devin Hester is fighting for his job. But I've heard are d-line called mediocre. Darryl Tapp and Johnathan Lewis mediocre? do what? plus were so deep there. But Miami is incredibly stong there too. I belive their linebackers are alittle bit overrated though. UNC and Ronnie Mcgill seemed to have their way running on the Canes, our line backers are feroucious. Adibi, Anderson, and Hall, so fast and we should put alot of pressure on Kyle Wright. Thinking about it, We have mirror wide recivers. We are both incredibly deep with talent but they have older guys while we have to seniors (they can play under pressure) Eddie Royal is as good as Ted Ginn and Morgon, Hamilton, Clowny(the deep threat and #1 guy), and Hyman are all dangerous. But they can say the same for Moss, Legget, the guy coming off innjury, etc. QB i think we have a huge egde. Kyle Wright will really have to prove himself against this hostile crowd. I don't think he can handle it. Thier offfensive line has looked great opening up wholes but i don't know if you can get much better than what our hogmiles are doing. Moss is a monster but its been near impossible to run against us, i hope it stay that way. but we've got a 2 headed monter with iMoh and Humes. I think we will pound it and Vick will take over throwing, he's yet to be stopped. But overall things, Lane Statdium is key, it should be the loudest its ever been and I don't know what Sophmore Kyle Wright will do about it.

Should be a great one. I think Miami is an excellent team and I have them as the 5th most powerful team in the country behing the top 3 and LSU.
I think the keys to the game that will show are the qb quality and our front seven will shine over Miamis, with are running game better. US foring Kyle Wright to throw and turn it over, and Vick being efficent on the excellent Miami secondary.

bring on the Trojans, Longhorns too!
The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
The Executioner
All-Star Player

Off Poll of ESPN.com

Which team will win Saturdays Showdown at Virginia Tech?
32.5% Virginia Tech wins easily
32.2% Miami wins tight game.
32% Virginia Tech wins easily (I voted)
3.3% Miami wins easily

Is this the biggest game of the College Football regular season?
55.1% yes (I voted)
44.9% no

Will the Winner of this game end up in the Rose Bowl?
55.5% Only if VA Tech wins(I voted)
37.3% No
10.9% yes

How would you rank the top 3 ACC teams going into Saturday?
55.1% Va Tech, Miami, FSU(Ivoted)
26.5 VA Tech, FSU, Miami
13.5% Miami, Va TEch, FSU
2.5% Miami, FSU, Va Tech
1.3% FSU, Va Tech, Miami
1.1% FSU, Miami, Va Tech

Which team has the better defense?
64.6% VA TEch (231 yards per game, 9.1 ppg)(Ivoted)
35.4% Miami (221.5 yards pergame, 10.9 ppg

Va Tech and Miami have allowed a combined 16 touchdowns in 15 games this season, How Many touchdowns will be scored Saturday?
54.4% Four or more(Ivoted)
36.0% Three
8.4% Two
1.0% One
0.2% None

Miami and Virginia Tech rank first and second, respectively, in pass defense. Which quarterback will have a better day?
70.6% Marcus Vick(Ivoted)
18.2% Kyle Wright
11.1% Neither will play well

Would a big game put Marcus Vick on equal Heisman footing with Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Vince Young?
68.6% No
31.4% Yes (Ivoted)

Which is more likely to happen on Saturday?
64.8% Virginia Tech blocks a kick(Ivoted)
35.2% Devin Hester returns a kick for a TD

Which star player will come up with the biggest performance?

37.6% Marcus Vick, QB, Virginia Tech
14.5% Tyrone Moss, RB, Miami
12.7% Darryl Tapp, DE, Virginia Tech(I voted)
8.1% Devin Hester, CB/KR, Miami
4.4% Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
4.4% Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
4.4% Kyle Wright, QB, Miami
4.2% Mike Imoh, RB, Virginia Tech
3.1% Cedric Humes, RB, Virginia Tech
2.9% Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami
1.9% David Clowney, WR, Virginia Tech
1.8% Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami

I'm interested to see what you all have to say. and game predictions. I was pleasently surprised to see this voted as biggest game of the year over UCLA-USC USC-Notre Dame Penn State-Ohio State Ohio State-Texas FSU-Miami

also glad to see that people know there will be points scored. I know itleast there will be 25 total points, put I'm guessing aroung 45 or so. The offenses are very talented too. I think the shakiest part of our team has been our pass coverage on the nickel and dime plays, Miami has the speedy recivers and can do that. But our d-line is going to have a big day. I think we will run effectivly like Mcill did and than Marcus will take over, thats the biggest matchup to me OUR PASSING GAME VS. PASS COVERAGE. I confident they won't run the ball and we can eventually shut down their passing game.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Miami is 5-0 since 2000 as underdogs. I'm just saying don't expect a blowout. Hopefully both teams will be wearing their traditional uni's for this one.

I don't think this is the biggest game of the year, just this weeks biggest game.

Alot has to happen for the winner of this game to go to the Rose Bowl.

I would have it VaTech, FSU, Miami.

I agree with you on Tech's defence.

3td's in this one.

NOWAY DOES THIS GAME IMPACT THE HEISMAN RACE.

As for the rest I really don't have an opinion. With all that said VATECH 17 - MIAMI 13
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I'm rooting for Virginia Tech.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #5
The Executioner
All-Star Player

HOKIE HOKIE HOKIE HI! LETS GO VPI!

Pumped, I kind of forgot with all the hype that this is a rivalry game and it gets nasty. I can't believe Corso had the guts to say that Lane Stadium was toughest place to play in the country by far, but than picked the CANES! My god Blacksburg was going crazy this mourning, I can only imagine in 45 mins. Enter Sandman will be blaring and thats when it all starts. WHOH! NC state just got an interception. Can't believe Bowden kept Lee in when he was looking so pitiful, stubbon.

Good work Mack Brown, Run up the score and keep Vince YOung in. Frank Beamer has stated he would never do that and I certainly belive it. Got to get after wright, offensive line is weak!!! UNC beat BC today and that raised by eyebrow. UNC has lost to Miami, Wisonsen, Georgia Tech, and somebody else solid. Not a bad team with wins over U.V.A and BC.Ihoh and Humes need ot get the running game going, than let Marcus take over. GO HOKIES!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 12:35 AM   #6
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that was an arse wooping! Miami "D" was nasty. M. Vick played one of the worst games I've seen thus far. I had VT winning this one... time to eat some crow....
Old 11-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Told you Miami doesn't lose as an Underdog.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

You can cross Vick off the Heisman Watch List now. Man, they got their butts handed to them even though Miami lost its top RB in the first quarter and had to run a Freshman QB out there for a quarter in the first half.

After all the hype Va Tech didn't even bother to show up tonight. Looks like the ACC may get the Miami/FSU title game they wanted all along.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #9
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I hate to admit it but Miami should be ranked higher than Alabama after beating VA Tech.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #10
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256
I hate to admit it but Miami should be ranked higher than Alabama after beating VA Tech.
Especially considering that Miami won by a pretty big margin.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #11
The Executioner
All-Star Player

Well I kind of went into hiding after the MIami game, but I"m back. Comment against the U. Bryan Stinespring really hurt us, the offensive playcalling was horrible. Why did we dicth the run game? I said before the game that was the only way to beat them, Ronnie Mccgill had sucess, Booker, Washington. Every time we did run we were sucessful. Instead, we tried to attack the best part of there team, the secondary. So stupid, we should have established the run and than went for our nickel and dime plays. But can't take it back. The defense was ok. But the 6 turnovers were really the killer.

Anyway, we made up for. Thank God for Georgia Tech. Reggie Ball had no P.J. Daniels, but Lashard Choice filled in magnicenty. And Kyle WRight made a horrible decison at the end of the game to throw the ball up at the end of the game. PLus, Georgia Techs defense was stiffling the entire game. Lucky for Tech. We blew the hell out of U.V.A. and it was satisfying. We looked real good and didn't let Marquis Hagans to anything. Marcus hung back, and delivered. Brandon ORE looked really good like Kevin JOnes when he was younga and teams are going to be seeing him in the next 3 years. Cedric Humes also had a big day with over a hundred. WE had 188 rushing yards in one quarter. Just overmatched them. Beggining to see that Miami was just a horrible game where we were terrible and MIami played there best. I loved rubbing the 52 to 14 score in U.V.A. fans face. Nothing better. Commonwealth cup is in Blacksburg once again.

But now we just have to take out UNC at home and will play FSU in in Jacksonville. IF we win, it will be off to either the Fiesta or the Orange. I prefrence to play would be Penn State or Notre Dame.