Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #3826
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Ha, yeah, we were goofing with 10 team MLB parlays. Just trying to see what kinds of odds we'd get.

Me and another friend aren't big gamblers and we have one friend who bets on regular season baseball a little too much. So my buddy started messing with our gamblin' friend by picking a 10 team parlay paying like 250/1 and then calling it a "lock"...irritated the hell out of the guy.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #3827
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Ha ha... thats a riot. I totally know the type.

Ok, well its 2:30pm... I just got back from the store. Got an 8 pack of Guiness and bought some fresh cold cuts, lettuce, tomato, rolls, ect...

I just realized that I've been back in the US for two weeks now I havent got any fast food? What happened to me! Ken would be extremely dissapointed. I kind of like cooking and fixinf fresh stuff these days. I guess since I have absolutely nothing to do every day (but hit the beach and work out) I like to make my food.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #3828
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
I guess since I have absolutely nothing to do every day (but hit the beach and work out)
I thought that was you the other day. Sorry I didn't stop and say 'hi' but you looked like you were in a hurry...

buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #3829
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

Hey Steve, check out http://fastfoodcritic.com/ when you have a second. Great site.

Going to the Clippers-Lakers game tonight. Box seats! Will try not to yell obscenities at Tim Thomas and Ricky Davis.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #3830
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Nice. Have fun Ken.... let us know how the game and food was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
I thought that was you the other day. Sorry I didn't stop and say 'hi' but you looked like you were in a hurry...

No worries Buck... I actually was in a hurry... I needed to brush my hair.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 PM   #3831
boston_aloha
FFB #2

whoops.... double post and I have to write about... oh well.

I'm so bored right now. I think I may head over to E&O Trading Co. for happy hour.

They actually have the best wings I've ever tasted - and they are only $5 at happy hour too.

Time for some wings and Sam Adams.... I'll catch up with you guys later.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:06 AM   #3832
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

Left the game after 3.5 quarters, Clips down by 30. Got a BBQ sandwich and garlic fries. Good, but the garlic fries at Dodger Stadium are better.

Oh! I also got a free Baron Davis shirt because it's opening night. Yippee!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #3833
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Throw another post on the barbie...

Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #3834
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
Left the game after 3.5 quarters, Clips down by 30. Got a BBQ sandwich and garlic fries. Good, but the garlic fries at Dodger Stadium are better.

Oh! I also got a free Baron Davis shirt because it's opening night. Yippee!
Good Times!!!:thumbsup2:
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #3835
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

Felt kind of strange leaving a game early; first time I can remember doing that (I did leave the Dodgers-Red Sox game at the Coliseum in March but that was an exhibition). But the basketball was ghastly. Ricky Davis getting paid to play basketball is a great injustice.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #3836
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
Felt kind of strange leaving a game early; first time I can remember doing that (I did leave the Dodgers-Red Sox game at the Coliseum in March but that was an exhibition). But the basketball was ghastly. Ricky Davis getting paid to play basketball is a great injustice.
No worries Ken.... I once left a Celtics playoff game with 2m left (but they were UP 30 in Game 1 vs. Pacers). I wanted to beat the crowd to the bar.

I was watching that Lakers / Clips game at a place called Ryan's grill yesterday. I felt for ya and the blowout kept getting bigger and bigger.

You'll be happy to know I did in fact watch the whole game. Had 3 Kona Fire Rock Ales, and 3 Redbull and Vodka's along with 10 wings. They have awesome wings there... baked and covered in hot wing sauce. With the real Blue Cheese dipping sauce - you know, the kind that has the FAT chunks of cheese in it? Good stuff! :thumbup:
Old 10-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #3837
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Someone go over to see if Mush is alright.

Nothing since the end of the WS...:tsk:
Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #3838
boston_aloha
FFB #2

I know huh?

Hey, lately when I have been watching PTI (its been a while since I've watched obviously).... during commercial break they go back to PTI for a couple seconds and Tony and Wilbon are just sitting there talking... yesterday Wilbon was eating lunch... its kind of a riot.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #3839
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

I'm not a big blue cheese guy, but that sauce with the chunks of cheese sounds intriguing.

I think my refrigerator is dying. It's not getting anything very cold. Like the ice cream in my freezer feels like thick mud. Let's hope this resolves itself.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #3840
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Check to see what setting its on... I know sometimes I've accidently "bumped" the setting to a warmer one and didn't know it until I noticed nothing was cold.

Just found some 4 cheese Read Rice in the cabinet... bonus! I'm 90 seconds away from losing my self respect!