Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 03-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about
Default Who's in Your Fave 5?

1. Geoff Ogilvy for being 5 shots up at Doral & for a daring attempt at not wilting under the Tiger Woods aura.

2. Maxim mag for doing what needed to be done by voting Sarah Jessica Parker the Unsexiest Woman Alive & likening her to famous racehorses Barbaro and Secretariat.

3. The makers of Nutraloaf for it being so horrible that it makes inmates sue not to be fed it.

4. Shaquille O'Neal for the claim of being able to make the Suns better & so far doing it.

5. Mardy Fish, an American ranked 98th, shocking No. 1 Roger Federer in straight sets & reminding everyone why we love an underdog.

Last edited by Tarkus; 03-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Well, ya tried combining a pop culture reference with substance in a "out of the box" thread to stir conversation/thinking and got nothing.

And you still don't wanna be a teacher Tark? C'mon man...you've got it down pat my friend.

My fave five...

1. Shaq for all he has done with the Suns and making them true contenders for the first time in the Nash era. Play at Detroit tomorrow...we shall see. Sure I'm stealing this one from you but a little birdie told me that you have Kobe as MVP this year.

You'll let me steal this and like it for that outrage mister.

2. Big Ten basketball. Michigan State and Wisconsin got no respect in their seedings and point spreads over the weekend but are in the Sweet 16. Take that evil outsiders. Kneel before the Midwest.

3. Babe Ruth. Just because anything old in baseball seems better than today's rubbish when the Red Sox and A's open up America's pastime at 6 am Eastern tomorrow morning in Japan.

4. Old man winter. 7 inches of new snow Saturday morning and 103 for the season. You gotta admire his determination bringin' the wood well into March.

5. Luke Walton of the Lakers cuz Stephen Jackson of the Warriors musta hit some incentive clauses last night after nailin' so many clutch 3s when the Lakers forward failed to rotate on the perimeter. Thanks for helpin' out the economy Luke. We all have our roles to play.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I'm utterly confused.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post
Well, ya tried combining a pop culture reference with substance in a "out of the box" thread to stir conversation/thinking and got nothing.

And you still don't wanna be a teacher Tark? C'mon man...you've got it down pat my friend.
"Tough Love" would only get me a new address at San Quentin.

You know if somebody else posted this thread, there'd be a wave of posts just jumping on board. But alas...

Quote:
Sure I'm stealing this one from you but a little birdie told me that you have Kobe as MVP this year.

You'll let me steal this and like it for that outrage mister.

I'll be talking soon about this insanity I portrayed over in the NBA forum. :thumbup:

Trust me, I don't like it anymore than you...
Old 03-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
"Tough Love" would only get me a new address at San Quentin.

You know if somebody else posted this thread, there'd be a wave of posts just jumping on board. But alas...
Don't feel bad. The only time I get a sign of life in the classroom is when we get to Lewis and Clark and I talk about how they were the first white men to smoke dope in nearly every future state west of the Mississippi. Plus they probably nailed a chick of every known Native American tribe west of the Mississippi as well.

You'd think that would bring history to life...but it only goes so far.

Quote:
I'll be talking soon about this insanity I portrayed over in the NBA forum. :thumbup:

Trust me, I don't like it anymore than you...
If you post this pro-Kobe manifesto...you'll be out of my Fave Five.

Just a warning.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 View Post

If you post this pro-Kobe manifesto...you'll be out of my Fave Five.

Just a warning.

But I have to talk to someone about this if I'm gonna get well...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

1. Cincinnati Bengals for booting another rich spoiled athlete to the curb.

2. Jay Cutler so I can speed dial him about how he rates for being the one to rip your supposed #1 receiver in public & how this is going to make your chemistry better.

3. Mark Cuban so I can give him a holler thru this playoff push to see how he feels about his return on his money.

4. Donnie Walsh...to keep tabs on the 'Goodbye, Isiah' party progress & to offer my help.

5. SC for adhering to their motto:
Give us your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to us

Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I don't like 5 people.

*shakes head*

I think Buck just took over my brain for a second. VOOOOOOOODOOOOOO
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

Quote:

5. SC for adhering to their motto:
Give us your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to us
:lol:

1. The Ohio State University for having a lacrosse game before the Spring Game later this month. Nuttin' like being forced to watch some foreign sport to see exhibition football.

2. A-Rod for not trying to nail my wife (crosses fingers).

3. Jose Canseco for not putting me in his new book (wipes sweat from brow).

4. ESPN for constantly putting Bob Knight on TV like he's John Lennon.

5. The Pittsburgh Pirates for having a guy named Adam LaRoche on their team. Sure I know how to pronounce it correctly but I love calling the guy LA-ROACH

:thumbsup2:
Old 04-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Old 04-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
themush
Banned

OOOOOOhhhhhhh now i get it.

Buck that's some funny s hit.

#4 is freakin awesome. I was wondering why they had him and LaRussa on together the other day.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

1. The Ghost Family: Ghost/SCGhost'sGhost. For refusing to stay buried...

2. Mush. For grabbing a shovel & digging up the past...

3. For the many faces of the SC 'guest' poster i.e. Don Lapre, Jack Knoff, etc. for the laughter...

4. Marc. For giving the 'community' a much needed shot...

5. To the 4 Horsemen. May they ride the cyber trails forever....
Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #13
themush
Banned

I summon you SOB's back and I get a # 2 rating? I'm taking my ball and going home.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
ghostofSC
All-Star Player

ghostofSC is on a distinguished road

Man....Top five of all time. It's too tough to list my legitimate top five, because off the top of my head I came up with about 10 in no specific order. But I can give you a...different...top five:

1. Cubsfan13 (I believe it was his signature that read "And I'm only 13..." As if his incredible insight and commentary was even more impressive because he was still in middle school.)
2. Gconnhookiebird - From his ridiculous name, to his immature, naive posts, he was always an easy target for fun.
3. YankeesChick - She used this forum like a boyfriend. Once she posted her (umm...less than attractive) avatar pic, guys tripped over themselves to respond to their posts and she soaked it up. I believe, near the end, she made mention of having a boyfriend and that, my friends, was the end of her time at SC.
4. LeeManchuer/Heathen - Both Canadians who loved everything Canadian. Lee was also a huge dick and thought he was right about everything. Heathen would disappear for months at a time, then pop up with a "Hey guys, I'm back and I'm going to be more active this time" post, then disappear again.
5. Kornbix - More than 3,000 posts of unintended hilarity.
ghostofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
I summon you SOB's back and I get a # 2 rating? I'm taking my ball and going home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGslvYmEYyA