Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 03-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #106
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

One of my 7 cats spent most of the day outside today. He came back after scaring my wife badly by refusing to do so earlier. She was a bit upset. He's fine now and so is she.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #107
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

She understands he's a wild animal at heart right? Cats prowl the night and/or day. It's in their DNA.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #108
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Now he wants to go back outside and he's not going to do it!!!!!!!I have spoken!!!!!
Seriously, he is declawed and we live pretty close to a busy street and on the Union Pacific main-line across the country. Not a good place for a cat to prowl unless he knows what he's doing. He's been an indoor cat for all but about 2 months of his life and has no idea what to do outside.

Catman
Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #109
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Buck thanks for the battle plan I'll be sure to put it into use.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #110
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Old 03-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #111
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

No way Tark. I need more snow days.

:thumbsup2:
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #112
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

watching great hockey game on NBC....plus a close Cavs-Bulls game......:thumbup:
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #113
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Guess I'll watch this LA-Dallas game next.

I hate it when the Lakers wear their "Sunday whites"...

buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #114
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

...it's just one of those days...
Old 03-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #115
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

you said it.... I wake up hungover and I decide to WALK to subway. Now its only 2 and a half blocks up the street... so I'm across the street and I notice about 9 elderly people walking down the street on the other side. So of course THEY ALL go into Subway!!! I was pissed... so I get in there and of course it takes them all about 10 minutes each to order and read the menu. Normally I'm patient but being hung over and since I walked there I was pretty much stuck and in a bad mood. So finally I get my order and to top it off I'm waiting to pay and the woman in front of me orders a bottle of diet coke... now it came out to $1.66 so she gives the cashier a $10 bill and proceeds to dig in her purse for change!!! She seriously dug around for about 2 minutes and then gives the cashier 20 cents!! The cashier was a bit baffled and even asked her "out of $10.20???" and the woman says "yes"... so of course she gets back $8.54???? WTF was that all about!!!

Like you said Tark... one of those days....
Old 03-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #116
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
you said it.... I wake up hungover and I decide to WALK to subway. Now its only 2 and a half blocks up the street... so I'm across the street and I notice about 9 elderly people walking down the street on the other side. So of course THEY ALL go into Subway!!! I was pissed... so I get in there and of course it takes them all about 10 minutes each to order and read the menu. Normally I'm patient but being hung over and since I walked there I was pretty much stuck and in a bad mood. So finally I get my order and to top it off I'm waiting to pay and the woman in front of me orders a bottle of diet coke... now it came out to $1.66 so she gives the cashier a $10 bill and proceeds to dig in her purse for change!!! She seriously dug around for about 2 minutes and then gives the cashier 20 cents!! The cashier was a bit baffled and even asked her "out of $10.20???" and the woman says "yes"... so of course she gets back $8.54???? WTF was that all about!!!

Like you said Tark... one of those days....

What is it with old people & giving the exact change???? I encounter that a lot here with the snowbirds. They also insist on still writing a check for groceries, but instead of starting to write the check while they are scanning and bagging the groceries, they wait until they get their total, THEN reach in their friggin' purse to get their friggin' checkbook out!!!!!!!!
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #117
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I know!!! I get that here at Safeway.... the "checkwriters"!! But what killed me Sue was that she dug forever and still didn't have the proper change??? :lol:
Who the hell gives $10.20 when you owe $1.66???? It doesnt make sense to me!!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #118
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Just got back from the worst BBQ in history! The meat was tough, the sides sucked (vegetarian) and the chili(vegetarian) was burnt. I need a cheeseburger ASAP!
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #119
boston_aloha
FFB #2

How was the beer? Oh wait... are you still on the wagon?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #120
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Speaking of cheeseburgers, I believe I'll fix one here at home for my wife -- and one for me as well.

Catman