Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

Old 10-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road
Default Opening Nite!!!!!

What a great night to be a Bolts fan! To see the banner raised and to see them beat Carolina was a perfect way to start the season! Any additional thoughts out there, hockey fans?
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

A call it a night of flukes. Flyers blow lead going into 3rd period to the Rangers. Pens loose to NJ - the Pens could not convert on any of the powerplays...OK, one, but out of how many? Like infinity.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

Ottawa wins the first shootout ever in NHL history...Heatley with the game winner over Belfour. We saw vintage Hasek tonight.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:59 AM   #4
SoCal sports
Grizzled Veteran

SoCal sports is on a distinguished road

Freaking Kings blow 4 goal lead. I'm pissed! But its good to have hockey back at last.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

Even though it was just the first game and there are a ton more to go, the Pens losing and the Flyers was a little bit of a surprise. I would have thought with all the hype over these two teams would have lead to wins for them on opening night.

Fav Teams:
Tennessee Titans
LA Lakers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Titans100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Rick DiPietro was stinking the place up last night.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #7
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

The Islanders defense weren't much help for DiPietro, that wasn't his loss. If it weren't for him the Sabres would've had ten goals easily.

Philly was in control of that game against the Rangers until Jagr went off and scored those clutch goals. Meanwhille I think the Pens will struggle a little early on, i wasn't surprised Jersey and their experience took the first game.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #8
Hall of Famer

#99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCal sports
Freaking Kings blow 4 goal lead. I'm pissed! But its good to have hockey back at last.
I'm right there with you, SoCal. I wanted to puke after that. But last night's win over Phoenix was uplifting. We looked pretty good. I'm so high on Frolov and I think LaBarbera did really well for himself. Definitely better than Garon's meltdown against Dallas. But we lost that Stars game because of stupid penalties. Too much time on the PK is tiring and we were drained by the third period.

Anyway, Kings rule!

It's nice to see all the goals that are pouring in to start the year. Seriously, I've said it many times before, but I think we're in for the most exciting season yet.
Sports Again?!
#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #9
Hall of Famer

#99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Titans100
Even though it was just the first game and there are a ton more to go, the Pens losing and the Flyers was a little bit of a surprise. I would have thought with all the hype over these two teams would have lead to wins for them on opening night.
The Flyers are a really good team, to be sure, but I don't know how seriously anyone can take a team that has Robert Esche between the pipes. Trust me, I've seen a lot of Coyotes games. Esche is a scrub.

The Penguins will be tons of fun to watch, but their defense is still pretty poor.
Sports Again?!
#99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:15 AM   #10
SoCal sports
Grizzled Veteran

SoCal sports is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by #99
I'm right there with you, SoCal. I wanted to puke after that. But last night's win over Phoenix was uplifting. We looked pretty good. I'm so high on Frolov and I think LaBarbera did really well for himself. Definitely better than Garon's meltdown against Dallas. But we lost that Stars game because of stupid penalties. Too much time on the PK is tiring and we were drained by the third period.

Anyway, Kings rule!

It's nice to see all the goals that are pouring in to start the year. Seriously, I've said it many times before, but I think we're in for the most exciting season yet.
For sure, the league is so much more competitive this year, every team has at least an outside shot at the playoffs. Could not agree with you more about Frolov, this kid has a ton of talent. He is very confident carrying the puck and is next to impossible to bump off the puck. I believe LaBarbera was voted the best goalie in his minor league last year and he is only 24. Never know, that's about the age a lot of goalies start coming into their own.
GO KINGS GO!!!