Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Old 11-05-2003, 12:15 AM   #1
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road
Default C-usa Is Screwed

Louisville, Cincy and Marq all jumping ship to the Big East.

Oh my, this is going to be interesting. This makes the Big East a POWERHOUSE because the teams they are losing in football suck at B-Ball. This makes how many good teams at BBall?

Louisville, Cincy, Marq, UConn, StJ's, GTown, and ND. Am I forgetting anyone?

Last edited by Aristides; 11-05-2003 at 12:18 AM.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:23 AM   #2
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Yes, Aristides, you made a mistake. You accidentally put ND on your list.

Ah, I kid Notre Dame. But if you are talking about quality basketball programs in general, rather than strictly your prognosis for the upcoming season, Syracuse and Pitt should be on your list.

And CUSA will be just fine. What's that sound I hear? A flapping sound? Why yes! The Rice Owls, among other schoolds, are coming to CUSA! Surely, that makes up for all the losses!

:-o

Well, at least CUSA is getting the defending national baseball champs.

What's that galloping I hear coming from the direction of Dallas?

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:52 AM   #3
Aristides
All-Star Player

Aristides is on a distinguished road

LMAO Rice? Good luck. (know your joking) Big East may have just become the powerhouse conference in NCAA BBall. Rick will have Louisville at the top of their game, Bob loves the JUCO transfers and Cincy will always be near the top. It's going to be a very scary conference with these up and coming teams and I'm happy to see it. Although I did love the C-USA teams being underdogs every year and noone respected them, everyone will know now when they take take that conference to the top that these are teams destined for greatness. Vitale has got to be loving this. Only team they are missing is Memphis which has a great recruiter/coach which I'm sure they will be going for them next.

Can't believe I left out Cuse and Pitt, too many Buds I guess. Time to retire and hit the sack.

Last edited by Aristides; 11-05-2003 at 01:56 AM.
Aristides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #4
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Yeah, CUSA lost all those teams mentioned plus UNC Charolette and St. Louis to the Atlantic 10 in basketball. Neither of those 2 schools were dominate, but they had at least made 2 NCAA tournament appearances, if not more, since being in Conference USA.

CUSA will be lucky to ever get more than 1 team in the NCAA tourney in any year. The only way they might get 2 is if some other team besides Memphis won the CUSA tournament which gave them an automatic bid and Memphis got in as an at large.

CUSA was starting to build a decent name for itself with Louisville getting back on the national scene, Marquette being consistently good, Cincy being the power that it always is, Memphis getting back on track, and then a few other schools who were decent. Now this conference is done from a basketball aspect.

Joey
Old 11-25-2003, 05:41 PM   #5
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by I OWN THIS
Yeah, CUSA lost all those teams mentioned plus UNC Charolette and St. Louis to the Atlantic 10 in basketball. Neither of those 2 schools were dominate......

Hey, easy Joey. Saint (not St.) Louis is quite the dominant basketball team. In my mind anyway.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:26 PM   #6
I OWN THIS
The True Titan

I OWN THIS is on a distinguished road

Oh yes, I remember you being a Billiken fan. Well, the move to the A 10 is a pretty good move considering what has gone down in CUSA. I am glad to see they have taken their dominance to another conference so it will give Memphis a chance to actually win CUSA now.

Please forgive me for the St. instead of Saint. I mean how could I misspell such dominance?

Joey
Old 11-26-2003, 08:46 PM   #7
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

Well it is a glass half empty, half full scene for us Memphis fans

Half empty: the conference totally sucks and will make the SOS look terrible.

Half full: Coach Cal wants to play tougher non conference opponents in the future and with that and the chance to win a conference title every year I'll start planning for yearly NCAA tournament trips.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote