Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > Major League Baseball

Old 08-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road
Default How about them D'Backs!

The numbers are horrible, but somehow the boys have the best record in the NL. I think Bob Melvin should be a candidate for NL manager of the year given the average age of his squad and the amount of rookies and 2nd year players on the team. We may not last up high at the end of September, but this is a great building block for future years.

Good to be back by the way. Made baseball trips to see the Nationals, Orioles, Pirates and the Giants so far this year as well as my usual D'Back commitments and I am off to LA in September to see the boys take on the Dodgers.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

I really like Arizona. Their pitching has been pretty good. I like Brandon Webb. He has great potential.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Potential? He is currently in the middle (heh, maybe) of 33 innings consecutive scoreless and has a Cy Young. That potential has been more than active the last few years.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 AM   #4
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

I agree that Webb is showing more than potential. He is the real thing.
As for tonight's game, allowing an infielder to pitch shows that the team had a tough game.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

Picking up Kim from waivers was a terrible mistake. They either have to dump him in the bullpen or just flat out release him and eat the close to 1 million he is owed for the rest of the year, which sucks! We have a guy down in triple A who has pitched well when called up, so hopefully Petite will be getting another call.