Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-06-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
BigAK587587
Rookie Player

BigAK587587 is on a distinguished road
Default Will the Eagles finally get over the Hump???

After watching them demolish the PAckers yesterday, it would be easy for anyone to say yes. Howvwer i think the Eagles are going to lose again to the PAckers in the NFC Championship!!! I don't think that Favre and the Packers will play that horrible again and the Eagles won't play that great again!!! When its all said and done the Eagles will be know as the Buffalo Bills of the NFC!!!
BigAK587587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
MaddEnemy
Always next year

MaddEnemy is on a distinguished road

That was some good ball yesterday.

Hard to say the Eagles are not for real with that record and winning the BIG games as well.

This is a great year for football, one of the best in a long time.

Pats,
Colts
Eagles
Steelers
Chargers
Falcons
Jets
Lions
Packers
Broncos

so on and so on.

Some are playing like Gods but it will be some great play-offs and I am happy with any of these teams going to the Super Bowl except for the Pats. It is just a strong game this year and some amazing things going on....

T.O.
P. Manning

and all sorts of records being broken

You even have J. Lewis and others being the trouble makers.

Great Soap Opera
MaddEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

It's crazy to think that the Packers are going to beat the Eagles in the playoffs. The teams are on different levels right now and in a playoff game, that would be brought out. The Packers had a chance yesterday based off a couple things, Favre was hot coming in, the Eagles not wanting to reveal too much and the health of the Eagles offensive line. The Packers also needing the game more.

Then they got destroyed.

I don't know how the original poster can say Favre won't play that horrible again. Favre isn't exactly a playoff quarterback at this point.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:32 PM   #4
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Graham
Favre isn't exactly a playoff quarterback at this point.
I don't agree,

sure you have elite teams right now and it hasn't been like this in a while that I can remember.

Steelers 11-1
Pats 11-1
Eagles 11-1
Colts 9-3
Atlanta 9-3
Diego 9-3
NYJ 9-3

Middle of the pack
Green Bay 7-5
Minnesota 7-5
Denver 7-5
Baltimore 7-5

Green Bay started really badly loosing 4 in a row going 1-4 but cam around and won 6 straight. 3 teams Detroit, Houston and Minnesota were all doing good at the time GB played them well maybe not Minn but still. They lost to a good Philly Team but it is only 1 game out of the last 6. We see it happen every year where a team will beat another and 3 weeks later the team that lost will win.

Hick-ups happen in the NFL and that is why they play the game. Remember Philly lost 1 and the feeling at first was maybe they are not as good as we thought.

DO I think GB well win the Super Bowl? No. My money is on the colts at 10-1. But it is a team effort here; did Farve play Defense against the Eagles? No. Who knows what would have happen if GB De showed up. Farve had a bad day just like the rest of the team but you can't say he isn't playing like a play-off QB just because of 1 game man. What about the last 6 in a row he won?

Will GB beat the Eagles in the Play-offs?

It could happen.

And that is why they play the game.

Could the Bangles beat the Ravens at home?

Could Tampa Bay give the Falcons a 0 on the scoreboard?

GB looses 1 game out of the last 7 and Farve is not a play-off QB.... whatever.

If he looses the next 2 I will agree, in fact they can win the next 4 games easy with Minn the only? Mark I see as that game just like Philly can go either way

Last edited by MaddEnemy; 12-06-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:22 PM   #5
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

MaddEnemy sez:
Quote:
Who knows what would have happen if GB De showed up
This is the biggest problem with suggesting ANYTHING good to come from Green Bay, aside from perhaps winning their division and dropping game one of the playoffs:
Their D DID show up yesterday.
It's that bad.

Indeed, if you look around the NFC, there are two teams(Atlanta, Tampa) with legitimately decent defenses, and everyone else gets by in the NFC because the majority of the conference is so blamed weak in every way.

Of course it's possible the Pack could beat the Eagles. The Texans might be able to beat them, too.

Now, I don't know if the Pack brought their best game OVERALL yesterday. But their D... right down AVG GB LANE. For this season.

Dave
Old 12-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

I didn't say Favre wasn't playing like a playoff QB because of one game. This goes back to last year and specifically the playoff game with the Eagles that GB should have won, but you can pin the loss right on Favre's shoulders.

The last six games he played Detroit, Dallas, Washington, Minnesota, Houston, St. Louis.

He's chucking balls around like crazy. Please don't say that this is what Favre has always done, because it isn't. Favre was always a calculated risk taker, whereas now he aimlessly throws a lot of balls.

He is not a QB that is going to lead the team to any sort of success in the playoffs, if they get there.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Jim Johnson clearly has Favre's number right now. Over the past two seasons over three games Favre has completed just 54.4% of his passes thrown 3 TDs, 4 picks, 420 yards, and been sacked 8 times. McNabb had more yards yesterday than Favre has in his last three games against Philly combined.

All I know is if the Red Sox can win the Series then I have hope that the Eagles can at least make the Super Bowl this year.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:55 PM   #8
MaddEnemy
Always next year

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Graham
I didn't say Favre wasn't playing like a playoff QB because of one game. This goes back to last year and specifically the playoff game with the Eagles that GB should have won, but you can pin the loss right on Favre's shoulders.
My bad.

Point taken but if they had a good De he might just take them to the Super Bowl for the 3rd time
Old 12-06-2004, 11:21 PM   #9
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

All I can say is that I bow down to all you Eagle fans, your team is clearly better. I still think the Packers will win their division, but call me crazy, I'd like to see more of Craig Nall. He's thrown 3 TDs, 0 INT in his limited action. The Pack should give him more game time.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:31 PM   #10
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Would be nice if they could get him more time. But, it won't happen as long as the Pack are locked in a playoff battle with Minnesota. What he really needs is some snaps in a game that actually matters. Eli Manning looked fairly good in preseason and has not looked so good during the regular season. Nall has gotten what amounts to mop up duty in blow outs thus far.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:57 AM   #11
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

While a season-ending injury to one of your starters is never "good news," the injury that has sidelined DE Derrick Burgess means that ex-ex-Eagle Hugh Douglas is now a starter once again.

With first Jeremiah Trotter returning to the starting lineup and now Douglas, the Eagle defense looks eerily like the one Rush Limbaugh insists "carried" the team when this current run of theirs began in 2000 and 2001.

Meanwhile, if the Eagles win their next two games - at Washington (a team they have beaten six straight times by an average margin of more than 17 points per outing) this Sunday night, and December 19 at home against the Cowboys (who have lost 16 of their last 19 games played at northern outdoor sites in November and December), they will clinch home field throughout the NFC playoffs with two regular-season games still to be played.

Cardiac Eagles? NOT!

Last edited by Anthony; 12-07-2004 at 05:02 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #12
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Yeah, the defense has come to life since the Pittsburgh debacle. Brown and Shepperd are starting to come along quite nicely. Trotter has brought a sort of intensity and swagger back to the defense that was not there prior to him getting back into the starting lineup. It is also no mere co-incidence that the run defense has stepped up a notch since he has been in there.

Also, two more wins and the Eagles will set a franchise record with 13 wins.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:17 PM   #13
New York Man
Sports Enthusiast

New York Man is on a distinguished road

I hate to admit it but this is Philly's year. I really hate them.
New York Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:38 PM   #14
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

Their year for what? To lose the SB by 24 points?!

I wonder what the reaction in Philly will be if the Eagles make it to the promised land, only to find that you have to actually fight to win the game, and they are too soft --due in large part to the horridness of the NFC-- to even compete against the AFC opponent, whether it's Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego, or the Jets.

(The only SB the Eagles win is against the Colts, in an offense fest for the ages. Score would be something like 77-73.)

Dave
Old 12-10-2004, 06:40 PM   #15
New York Man
Sports Enthusiast

New York Man is on a distinguished road

They would lose to the Steelers. I meant their year to make it to the SuperBowl.
New York Man is offline   Reply With Quote