Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Fox News (aka Fake News)

Fox News is very successful for a number of reasons:

1. They have one large audience, conservatives, who ONLY watch Fox News to get there news information. Liberals, on the other hand, tend to get their news from multiple sources. There is no single "liberal" station that all liberals watch.

2. In addition, people like me (liberal as can be) watch Fox News. I watch Bill O'Reilly every chance I get. He cracks me up. Same with Hannity. I am continually amazed at the uncompromising, extremely bias, unprofessional form of "journalism" that they display over at Fox News.

3. And finally, they are the most entertaining news station. People get bored with the facts over and over again. It is the same reason fiction books sell more than text books. People want to be entertained and see drama, the straight up news is just boring.

You know what amazes me? There are many people out there who will tell you, "Fox News is Fair and Balanced." So that means that there are actually people out there who feel Fox News is presenting both sides of the situation fairly and equally. That, my friends, is a scary thought...
It is no wonder over 60% of their viewers still think Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.

I own a movie called OutFoxed. You should check it out.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, ridiculing a legitimate news source does no one any good at all. Are you saying that Fox lies?
Mind you, I do not watch Fox (it is available on my satellite, but I'm not sure where it is). You have more knowledge about the content than I have in any case.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
I am continually amazed at the uncompromising, extremely bias, unprofessional form of "journalism" that they display over at Fox News...
Examples please of "uncompromising," "bias," and "unprofessional" or your post is simply an opinion.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

I usually watch CNN for my news, if I watch any news channel. They will at least report on the stories I find to be important. I will take their reports for what they are worth and look for more info on the net about the topics.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Are you saying that Fox lies?
No they just mislead their viewers, without blantantly lying.

Quote:
Examples please of "uncompromising," "bias," and "unprofessional"
uncompromising - Fox News continually claims that the ACLU has NEVER represent or supported a Christian group. Yet when the ACLU recently defended the Phelps family (godhates***s.com) and their right to protest, Fox News never corrected it's claim, and to this day they claim the ACLU does not represent Christians.

bias - The two most prominent and "respected" personalities are Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, both of which are blantantly conservative. In addition, Brit Hume and Neil Cavuto are both blatantly conservative. Ruppert Murdock is a life long republican who contributes millions to conservative causes. Here's an assignment. Whenever there is news from the white house, watch Fox News, then read the white house official report. They will be identical. Fox News doesn't objectively report what comes from the white house, the simply repeat the words they are told to say. That's not journalism. We already have a press secretary for the president.

unprofessional - Well, Bill O'Reilly calls his guest to "shut up" quite often. Sean Hannity calls liberal guest "stupid." Is that professional journalism to you?

Think Fresh.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Fox News is the only news that is fair and balanced. They always have dems, and various other types of left wingers on thier programs. Fox asks the questions that I would ask,...sad to say though that many tap dance all around any serious questions when asked. Rarely will you see this on CNN or any other news source with right wing republicans.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
Fox News is the only news that is fair and balanced. They always have dems, and various other types of left wingers on thier programs. Fox asks the questions that I would ask,...sad to say though that many tap dance all around any serious questions when asked. Rarely will you see this on CNN or any other news source with right wing republicans.
DETMURDS, I expect comments like that from IntheNet, but come on, I expect more from you. I am willing to admit that MSNBC leans to the left. I am willing to admit that the New York Times is liberal. Please, do some research and watch Fox News objectively. Pretend to be a liberal while watching Fox News. I understand that as a conservative, Fox News is appealing to you, but I can assure you they are not fair and balanced in any way. Why do you think certain liberals won't appear on Fox News? Look at Ruppert Murdock and his history. Look at the employees of Fox News, many worked directly on the Bush campaign.

Please rethink your opinion. Its ok to like Fox News, but you are just lying to yourself if you think they are fair in anyway.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
DETMURDS, I expect comments like that from IntheNet, but come on, I expect more from you. I am willing to admit that MSNBC leans to the left. I am willing to admit that the New York Times is liberal. Please, do some research and watch Fox News objectively. Pretend to be a liberal while watching Fox News. I understand that as a conservative, Fox News is appealing to you, but I can assure you they are not fair and balanced in any way. Why do you think certain liberals won't appear on Fox News? Look at Ruppert Murdock and his history. Look at the employees of Fox News, many worked directly on the Bush campaign.

Please rethink your opinion. Its ok to like Fox News, but you are just lying to yourself if you think they are fair in anyway.
I watch Fox News almost all day/every day. Other news channels are talking about horse crap like false global warming, and morale being bad for those fighting in the war. I want to hear what is happening, not opinions all day.

Instead of me researching my one network, (Ruppert Murdock, and Fox News history) how about you waking up and see how bias the rest of the media is. The Dems run the entertainment world, majority of the media, encourages bottom feeders a chance to complain, and raise hell,....all about nothing too!

CNN: Clinton News Network
CBS: Communist Broadcasting System
60 Minutes: Of living Hell!

Oh well,...."Clinton Happens"!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Live your life telling yourself that Fox News is fair, and you will become more ignorant. Acknowledge that you are watching talking heads for the republican party and you will become more enlightened. It's hard to find **** in the dark, I'm just trying to be your flash light.

Think Fresh.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road

Quick work to effectively negate your examples...

Quote:
EXAMPLE ON UNCOMPROMISING: "...Yet when the ACLU recently defended the Phelps family..."
The Phelps family is not Christian nor illustrative of Christians.

Quote:
EXAMPLE ON BIAS: "...both of which are blantantly conservative..."
It is not difficult to find hundreds of journalists that are "blatantly" liberal. Matter of fact, most of them are.

Quote:
EXAMPLE ON UNPROFESSIONAL: "...calls his guest to "shut up" quite often..."
The New York Times routinely castigates our president and vice president with far worse but I don't see you at all upset.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
The Phelps family is not Christian nor illustrative of Christians.
Well they run a Christian Church, so once again you'd be wrong.

Quote:
It is not difficult to find hundreds of journalists that are "blatantly" liberal. Matter of fact, most of them are.
What does that have to do with Fox News? I am not arguing that other media sources are balanced, most are biased one way or another.

Fox News highlights their conservative hosts, and their "stars" are conservative.

Forget other media sources, because they have nothing to do with the argument. Once again, I have no dog in that fight. Argue that CNN is liberal, all you want, it doesn't make Fox News any more fair or balanced.

Quote:
The New York Times routinely castigates our president and vice president with far worse but I don't see you at all upset.
Example?

(Editorials don't count of course, considering editorials can say anything they want.)

Think Fresh.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #12
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

IntheNet, DETMURDS.

Do you remember when the Mark Foley scandal broke? Fox News ran the story the ENTIRE day with a "(D)" next to his name, implying he was a democrat. This wasn't for a minuet, or two, it was the entire day. Was this a typo? Maybe, but even if it was, they sure didn't rush to fix it. I think this is a very obvious example of how Fox News misleads their viewers.

Can you also explain why 60% of their viewers still believe that SADDAM HUSSEIN was behind the attacks on 9/11?

Think Fresh.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 AM   #13
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
IntheNet, DETMURDS.

Do you remember when the Mark Foley scandal broke? Fox News ran the story the ENTIRE day with a "(D)" next to his name, implying he was a democrat. This wasn't for a minuet, or two, it was the entire day. Was this a typo? Maybe, but even if it was, they sure didn't rush to fix it. I think this is a very obvious example of how Fox News misleads their viewers.

Can you also explain why 60% of their viewers still believe that SADDAM HUSSEIN was behind the attacks on 9/11?
60%? Prove it?

The Mark Foley mistake makes Fox News misleading? Is that the best you can do?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #14
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
60%? Prove it?
Disprove it... I read it in a magazine, I guess we can forget that number as mark it as "unreliable" because I can not find a source on the web.

Quote:
The Mark Foley mistake makes Fox News misleading? Is that the best you can do?
"Mistake?" Are you kidding? The ENTIRE DAY he had a (D) next to his name. A mistake would be 5 minuets of a (D) next to his name. That wasn't the case. Either they are idiots who can't get anything right, or they are blatantly misleading their viewers, you tell me which one. I don't think they are idiots...

Think Fresh.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

Quote:
Disprove it... I read it in a magazine, I guess we can forget that number as mark it as "unreliable" because I can not find a source on the web.

"Mistake?" Are you kidding? The ENTIRE DAY he had a (D) next to his name. A mistake would be 5 minuets of a (D) next to his name. That wasn't the case. Either they are idiots who can't get anything right, or they are blatantly misleading their viewers, you tell me which one. I don't think they are idiots...

I wouldn't consider "High Times" magazine as a legit source!:lol: