Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > Site Feedback

Old 10-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #31
Nate
Sports Virtuoso

Nate is on a distinguished road

No problem here, doublee...using Firefox 1.0.7. What exactly is it doing?

Go Colts! Go Boilers! Go Pacers! [[email protected]nspencer]
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #32
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

When I hit the back button it immediatly goes into the Firefox feedback agent and bombs. This is the only site that Firefox is bombing out on me.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:51 AM   #33
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Fortunately, the green is easy to change. But the question is: what to? The green and blue (my favorite two colors) work great together because they contrast well. If it was all blue, it'd be boring and dull.

Yeah, the "there have been X posts since your last visit" thing is gone, but if you click "New Posts" you can see everything you missed right there. No clicking and waiting, really. As for the light bulbs, they are gone, but the icons replacing them indicate the same thing.

Plus, notice the Thread Tools and Display Modes menus on each thread. Very cool stuff, yet it doesn't clutter things.
No waiting? You apparently aren't on dial-up. It's not a horribly long wait though.

Anyway, i did figure out the "orange icons = new" correlation. For some reason when i originally logged in, it thought all threads were old. Thanks for the tip on that.

As for colors, i preferred the boring blue, white, and gray... or whatever it was-- didn't distract me enough to know for sure. Just my vote.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:24 AM   #34
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

I've noticed that i have to log in every time i visit now-- that was not the case before, the cookie remembered me. I now have a forgetful cookie... or something
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:42 PM   #35
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D
I've noticed that i have to log in every time i visit now-- that was not the case before, the cookie remembered me. I now have a forgetful cookie... or something
Just delete the cookie and it'll be recreated the next time you login. You should find it in your Cookies folder. Not sure the exact path.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:13 AM   #36
Pimpbot
U.K. Expat

Pimpbot is on a distinguished road

I notice post counts are back.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:03 AM   #37
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

I think this place is now officially the Bizarro Sports-Central Message Boards.

Right, Feldman?

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
da12ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #38
BlueBaron
Sports Enthusiast

BlueBaron is on a distinguished road

I've not been here in a while... My how things have changed! Lookin good fellas! Keep it up!

-BB-
BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #39
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Looks good, but one major difference that I find much less satisfactory (than the previous 'engine'): inserted pictures.

The new system will trim it down to a thumbnail, which I doubt many readers will click, therefore only a few people will see your inserted picture. That gets a big thumbs down, but everything else is great. However, that is such a major thing that I would have to give the overall site overhaul a thumbs down review due to that.
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #40
Marc
Administrator

You mean it shrinks attachments? It does that to conserve space and not stretch or mess the design. Also, I don't see how you can draw that conclusion assuming no one will look at it because it's smaller. If you want people to look at it, just mention it in your post. It's not hidden or anything! I think it's a positive not everyone has to see some gigantic image if somene attaches it. If you want to see it, you can, but it doesn't ruin the thread for everyone else.

Also, that's such a minor thing I can't believe it is that important to you. How many times do people actually use attachments anyway? Not very often.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 AM   #41
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Marc-

I know you're very proud of your new site makeover, and rightfully so. I'm sure it was a lot of work and I don't mean to rain on the parade, really. My prior post could have been a more balanced review with kudos for new features that I like as well... my apologies.

I am assuming many people would not click on a thumbnail because I know I probably would not, unless that particular post really interested me. Heck, a lot of posters/viewers won't even click on a voting radio button. (My observation when comparing the amount of votes to the amount of thread views over the years).

I agree that sometimes in the past, threads have been sort of 'ruined' by large pictures inserted, but for me personally that is outweighed by the ability to present the occasional (full) picture directly when it adds a lot to the post. (I bet Tarkus would agree as well! :lol: ).

Anyway, just my two cents. I understand the reasoning behind it, just wanted to express my opinion... and again- everything else about the makeover is great.

Question: is it an administrative option to auto-thumbnail the pics or not (with the new engine)? and if so- would you be open to possibly considering changing that aspect after maybe a vote or something?

Last edited by Shawndo; 11-30-2005 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #42
Marc
Administrator

I don't know if it can be changed, but it seems like you're the only one who has a problem with it. I see it as an improvement.

However, I have made the [IMG] tag work on all boards so you can insert images site-wide now, reducing the need to use attachments.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #43
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

fair enough! thank you my friend..
I will explore the IMG tag and see if that can be twisted for use with my 'dark purposes' LOL