Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 09-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Republican Racism

Yes, the Republican party likes to pretend that the days of racism are in the past, but reality tells another story.

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/201982

Organizers of minority-oriented debates are not buying GOP presidential contenders' claims that scheduling conflicts are keeping them away from candidate forums targeted at Hispanic and black voters.
In the latest of what's become a pattern, the four top-tier GOP candidates have declined to show up for a Sept. 27 black-oriented debate organized by PBS broadcaster Tavis Smiley.

Only California Rep. Duncan Hunter attended a June forum hosted by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials. And when only Arizona Sen. John McCain agreed to show up, Univision, with a massive Hispanic audience, indefinitely postponed a planned GOP debate earlier this month.
The no-shows by the Republicans could undercut what has been an aggressive GOP effort in recent years, led by President Bush, to lure minority voters.

The Republicans wonder why they don't get minorities to vote for them... Maybe it's because they won't speak to them...

If the Democrats are "cowards" for not debating on Fox, what are the Republicans for not debating for minorities? That's right, RACIST.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

No comment Catman?

Your party continues to avoid minorities. Your party neglects minority communities.

You have no defense?

Think Fresh.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, I will not comment just to argue with you. I, unlike some, do not argue just for argument's sake. You, unfortunately, have been shown to support racism whereas I have not and do not.
Why should I comment on something that is so blatantly wrong?
Keep trying and I will keep laughing at you.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

You are right, it is wrong for the republican party to ignore minorities.

Good luck winning elections in the future. Minority populations are growing every day.

There are good reasons minorities vote for democrats, and it is because republicans are racist.

Continue to avoid minorities, it says a lot about you and your party.

Think Fresh.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I have no dog in this fight, but what is bothersome is Fresh basically admitted to starting this thread to bait catman. I don't know why you two insist on continuing to bicker back and forth; it's clear neither will change their viewpoints.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I have no dog in this fight, but what is bothersome is Fresh basically admitted to starting this thread to bait catman. I don't know why you two insist on continuing to bicker back and forth; it's clear neither will change their viewpoints.
Well considering that DETMURDS, INTHENET, and all other republican apologists no longer post here, I figured Catman would be the only one to defend the republicans on this one. I was expecting comments from others, and only brought catman's name into the discussion because no one had commented. As I said, he was the only person I expected to defend the candidates.

Think Fresh.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Fresh, this thread is useless, as I will not take your bait. You may as well stop now.
Marc, don't worry about me. I'm just fine.

Catman
Old 09-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #8
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fresh, this thread is useless, as I will not take your bait. You may as well stop now.
Marc, don't worry about me. I'm just fine.
Of course you find it "useless" because I have exposed YOUR party as racist. Your silence on the matter tells the whole story. Not even you, the republican apologists of the new millenium, can defend their actions. The guy who still defends the Iraq war, and several other republican mistakes, can not defend the racism of his party.

You told this story with your silence catman, not me.

Think Fresh.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Fresh, I will respond to your nonsense with a few questions for you. Was Jackie Robinson wrong when he said the Republican Party was better for black America because they supported "self-reliance" as opposed to Government handouts? Are Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice wrong?
Republicans are not racist, Fresh. That was and still is the Democrats. They still support completely racist programs like Affirmative Action.
Your assertion is pure nonsense, but you are good at nonsense posts. They are your nature.
As long as we have people with attitudes like yours -- those that want to make race an issue in everything -- we will never get over our racist past. I want to see a color-blind society and you want to keep race an issue. Which of these attitudes is the racist one, Fresh?

Catman
Old 09-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

I have a quote for you that I want you to identify the person who spoke it.
"I have a dream that we will live in a world where people are judged, not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Who said that? How can you defend Affirmative Action when this was said by the person that said it?

Catman
Old 09-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Was Jackie Robinson wrong when he said the Republican Party was better for black America because they supported "self-reliance" as opposed to Government handouts?
Yes.

Quote:
Are Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice wrong?
Show me where Colin Powell endorses the republican party please.

Are 90% of the black community wrong?

Sure there are some that support the republicans, but the black community knows which party is best for them. They are not as dumb as you think they are.

Quote:
I want to see a color-blind society and you want to keep race an issue. Which of these attitudes is the racist one, Fresh?
Then why do you support candidates that refuse to speak to minority groups?

Quote:
How can you defend Affirmative Action when this was said by the person that said it?
Because our society hasn't reached Mr. King Jr.'s dream. Take a look at average African American income and compare that to whites'. There are still racists attempting to hold down the black community. AA fights against that.

This thread isn't about AA. We've had that discussion. Stay on topic.

Think Fresh.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 AM   #12
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

This is one of the funniest threads in a while...we're really scraping the bottom here...:lol:
Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 AM   #13
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Fresh, you have a real problem, don't you? You simply do not think that minorities can survive without your help. I think they can do just fine. Its people like you that keep racism going, not I. I want a color-blind society, you want people to get artificial assistance based on their minority status.
It must be nice to be as racist as you appear to be, yet you whine and complain when people call you on it. This topic will remain open for anyone to comment on, but I will not be baited further. I do not share your racist views.

Catman
Old 09-27-2007, 01:44 AM   #14
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

A thread about "racism" in which an enormous and wildly varying group (Republicans) is stereotyped! Ah, gotta love the SCMB! So...gotta ask, are the 10% of black Republicans racist? If so, are they racist against black people, or whites? Are all Republicans racist against the opposite races, or just black people? Probably they all just hate themselves deep down.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #15
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Good question, Ricky.
What more do you expect from one that is as closed-minded as Fresh is?

Catman