Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default Marvin to PIT - Cower to CIN

Alright hear me out.

I know it's a long shot but what if...

The Steelers offer the head coaching job to Marvin Lewis. He is from Pittsburgh and has said that it is his "dream job." I think he would take it. The Bengals would then counter the move by offering Bill Cower a HUGE contract that he would be forced to accept. All of a sudden, the NFL's fiercest rivalry becomes even hotter. The Bengals love Marvin for turning the club around, while Cower is beloved in Pittsburgh for bringing them another ring. Talk about drama, WOW!

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Well, for one, I don't think the Steelers can offer the gig to Lewis without substantial penalties for tampering. Second, since Cowher is reportedly taking time off to spend time with my family, I think it would take an utterly ridiculous contract, really implausably riduculous, to say, "F*** my family!" Especially since it's no like he was under pressure in Pittsburgh to leave. He did because he wanted to.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
All of a sudden, the NFL's fiercest rivalry
That statement just leapt out at me. If you kept your location hidden, this sentiment would have revealed it, because no one outside of Cincinnati - including Pittsburgh - would ever think this. C'mon dude, think fresh!

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Well, the thing of it is Cowher cannot coach anywhere in the NFL next year without the Steelers' blessing as he still had another year on his contract.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

How the Bengals did not fire Lewis the day after the season ended stuns me. He is one of the most incapable head coaches in quite some time. Amazing offense, solid defense and a coach that just completely handicaps his team. If he's responsible for the player personnel moves, you thank him for that and tell him to go get another team in the position to win. I'm not sure what their situation in that regard is, but if they're going to get to the next level, you need a coach who will, at the very least NOT LOSE you games. And Lewis managed to keep a quality team out of the playoffs.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
RavenPoe
All-Star Player

RavenPoe is on a distinguished road

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals fired him. They have a long history of shooting themselves in the foot. Lewis didn't keep them out of the playoffs, Palmer did. It really wasn't his fault. The injury was still in his head, especially in the beginning of the season. He was getting nervous when he stepped into his throws. When the Bengals can't throw deep, the mediocrity of the rest of their game shines bright. Palmer will be back next year. The Bengals are only a couple of good defenders away from being unbeatable.
RavenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Alright hear me out.

I know it's a long shot but what if...

The Steelers offer the head coaching job to Marvin Lewis. He is from Pittsburgh and has said that it is his "dream job." I think he would take it. The Bengals would then counter the move by offering Bill Cower a HUGE contract that he would be forced to accept. All of a sudden, the NFL's fiercest rivalry becomes even hotter. The Bengals love Marvin for turning the club around, while Cower is beloved in Pittsburgh for bringing them another ring. Talk about drama, WOW!
CKFresh,

Are you spreading your proproganda to another board? I hate to see Cowher to go to the dark side(Cincy)

Cowher is under contract for one more year in Pittsburgh... John Fox could lose his job next year, and Cowher will be living in Carolina all ready...

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Who knows ... if things go sour in Philly next year?

And remember that Cowher is a former Eagles player.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #9
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

You won't be happy until Reid is fired will you?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
grifter
Skateboarding thug, Baby!

grifter is on a distinguished road

Why oh why, I think Reid has got the next best job security next to Cowher of course. I find it to be shame that he is quiting after all he has done buy family should come first and I am glad that is the reason for him stepping down.

I like Fox and hope he can stick around for awhile, Henning on the othe hand unless he can get some diffrent plays going, I would like to see go.

I played golf once. While everyone else was trying to hit holes in one, I hit a person. Let me tell ya that was so much more fun. I didn't know you were supposed to yell Four, I was to busy mumbling "I'm gonna miss him, alittle bit more to the left"
grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #11
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Yeah, I keep trying to tell him that Reid is not going anywhere anytime soon unless the team totally implodes.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #12
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Yeah, I keep trying to tell him that Reid is not going anywhere anytime soon unless the team totally implodes.

But there are one or two very plausible scenarios under which that just might happen: McNabb not being able to make it back until November - or maybe ever (and meanwhile, Garcia departs?), Donte' Stallworth leaving as a free agent (which would knock the linchpin out of their entire offense), etc.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #13
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

AmpleSound is on a distinguished road

Sorry CK, you're crazy! LOL... The biggest fact is that Cowher wants to spend time with his family. Second he wants a lot of money! Last I knew the Bengals don't exactly have "huge" pockets. We might see him in the '08-'09 season, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #14
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
But there are one or two very plausible scenarios under which that just might happen: McNabb not being able to make it back until November - or maybe ever (and meanwhile, Garcia departs?), Donte' Stallworth leaving as a free agent (which would knock the linchpin out of their entire offense), etc.
But, this is not a total implosion...just temporary derailments and Reid has shown that he is capable of getting the team to rebound.
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #15
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBeane View Post
That statement just leapt out at me. If you kept your location hidden, this sentiment would have revealed it, because no one outside of Cincinnati - including Pittsburgh - would ever think this. C'mon dude, think fresh!
Beane, you must not read Sports Illustrated. Because according to them, my statement above is correct.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote