Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Packers @ Falcons

Best matchup of weekend, but I'm biased. Falcons are really tough at home, but I have a feeling my Packers are the team of destiny in the NFC this year. They're on a roll. Packers, 28-24. Who ya got?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Last team I wanted in for rivalry & also 'peaking' reasons....Rodgers & the Packers

Could have easily been winners last match up only losing by 3. If Starks runs like he did which he might, fresh legs & all, against the 10th ranked Falcon run D...

Packers - 27 Falcons - 20
Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Cool Anthony's Pick

Green Bay 24 (+2), ATLANTA 14 - Surely there has to be a reason why the Falcons are sub-field-goal home favorites over a team they finished three games ahead of. Maybe the oddsmakers have some doubts about Matt Ryan in big games: He had a 72.8 passer rating in his lone playoff outing to date - a 30-24 loss as a three-point road favorite at Arizona in a 2008 wild-card game (and the roof was closed that day); then, three weeks ago with the chance to salt away the number-one playoff seed at home against a team Atlanta had already defeated on the road earlier in the year, Ryan managed only a 77.9 (the conceptual "mediocrity" standard being 79.2) in a 17-14 loss to New Orleans. In neither game did Ryan even average 10 yards per completion - and here he'll be facing a red-hot Green Bay defense fresh off taking half the Philadelphia offense out in body bags. And like Kansas City, the Falcons in general, and Ryan in particular, saw their veneer of invincibility at home ripped from them in a recent home game, making the task the Packers face in this one that much less arduous from a psychological standpoint; and this corner sees Green Bay exploiting that situation with a rather facile upset victory.

Last edited by Anthony; 01-14-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Ah, but Tarkus, Atl scoring defense is 5th.

Falcons getting no respect from anyone right now. Hoping the boys can pull it out and prove the doubters wrong.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

It's not that I'm not giving them respect, just that the Packers are starting to look like the Cinderella team this year.

Another concern is Roddy White's knee. If he's hobbled at all, could be a huge blow. As far as Starks & the 'new' GB running game? Just a concern if I'm Atl. It's not a given that we'll see that kind of output today.

It'll end up won in the trenches, the good old way, as far as I'm concerned. Whoever wins FP/TOP & has the fewest TOs should win this game. It's gonna be a tug-o-war...

Trust me, Mike, I'd rather the Falcons knock the shit out of them, just give the edge to GB for their momentum.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

guess we will be finding out shortly. Sheesh I have the jitters
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Y'all finna catch an ass whoopin' Dawg.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

And how many pundits out there are saying that the Falcons should have been playing Seattle and not Green Bay?

If, as I firmly expect, the Bears take care of business today, a change in the seeding format in time for next year becomes an absolute slam dunk.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Just kick me right in the nuts. That would feel better than watching that beat down
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Woo! What an exciting game. The better team clearly won. Packers do have that cinderella look this year, Tark. I'm not scared of the Bears in Chicago...
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote