Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about
Default Conspiracies...

Just wanted to see what people thought about some of the more famous ones. I know that a lot of people dislike them, but most of them have a lot of proof leaning toward the conspiracy side. Do you believe any of them or think that any of them could be true? I am assuming most of you know about them, so I won't bother to explain all of them. Google them if you don't.

1.9-11 Conspiracy
36% of Americans believe in the 9-11 conspiracies*.

2.JFK Conspiracy
More than half (51%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that government officials were "directly responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy." *

3. Aliens Conspiracy
Nearly half (47%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that "The U.S. Air Force is withholding proof of the existence of intelligent life from other planets."

4. Waco Conspiracy
More than one-third (40%) believe it is likely that the FBI burned down the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

5. MLK Conspiracy
Dexter Scott King believes that James Earl Ray was not the one who shot his father.

Last edited by Ellis; 01-02-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
Ellis
gymnopedist

Personally, here is what I think...

9-11 Conspiracy: Possible, but unlikely. I think it could be true due to the overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.

JFK Conspiracy: Probable, due to overwhelming evidence that it was not physically possible for Oswald to have fired each shot.

Aliens: Possible that the government is holding evidence from us. I just don't see why they would hide it from us though and would think that anything big would have leaked by now.

MLK: I don't think that James Earl Ray shot King. Pictures show that there was a tree between King and where James shot King from. Also all witnesses pointed in another direction right after the shots were fired.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think our government are these people who go out and manipulate large events and try to fool us. I just don't see it as that irrational to think the government could have been responsible for the assassinations of King or either of the Kennedy's.

Last edited by Ellis; 01-02-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis
I think it could be true due to the overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.
There is no overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.

And if you are going to say that there is, please provide us with some of that "evidence" that you have knowledge of.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

AmpleSound is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Just wanted to see what people thought about some of the more famous ones. I know that a lot of people dislike them, but most of them have a lot of proof leaning toward the conspiracy side. Do you believe any of them or think that any of them could be true? I am assuming most of you know about them, so I won't bother to explain all of them. Google them if you don't.

1.9-11 Conspiracy

2.JFK Conspiracy
More than half (51%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that government officials were "directly responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy." *

3. Aliens Conspiracy
Nearly half (47%) believe it is very likely or somewhat likely that "The U.S. Air Force is withholding proof of the existence of intelligent life from other planets."

4. Waco Conspiracy
More than one-third (40%) believe it is likely that the FBI burned down the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.

5. MLK Conspiracy
Dexter Scott King believes that James Earl Ray was the one who shot his father.

9/11 - I could understand some of the ideas of this conspiracy, but mainly the pentagon attack... If you've seen pictures of the building "supposivly" just shortly after the "crash". You would understand this part of it...

JFK - There is no way that this should even be a "conspiracy" anymore. I think anyone with half a brain, that has seen the video footage. Knows there were shots from at least three different angles. Someone wanted him dead, and it wasn't just one guy firing from different sides of the street !

Aliens - I don't think so, if anything I would believe more as this one guy said from somewhere in Europe. "I believe it's us from the future". Doesn't that make sense!? What the heck do you think they would have thought; seeing this massive wreckage of something they'd never seen, pulling human bodies from it, wondering what country they were from! That's something more to hide than some freak show they could make millions from!

Waco - Haven't really followed this one... Didn't care to look it up either...

MLK - MLK even knew that his life was in danger once JFK was assassinated! Another that should be laughable as a "conspiracy"...

What about AIDS, have you ever read into that "conspiracy"!? Checkout a site called prisonplanet.com . They found some solid evidence that makes perfect sense as to the spread of the virus!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
BigBuddhaPup
Steelers lovin' canine

BigBuddhaPup is on a distinguished road

How about the idea that the United 93 was shot down? I have heard that conspiracy in my travels online...

:thumbup: Go Steelers....
"So it goes"
BigBuddhaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound
If you've seen pictures of the building "supposivly" just shortly after the "crash". You would understand this part of it...
The conspiracy theory surrounding the Pentagon attack on September 11th only derives from photographs taken from a great distance that apparently do not give the conspiracy theory nuts the proper impression of what a plane could do as far as damage to the structure of the building and the debris and wreckage that was found after the attack.

Video footage from the Pentagon that was released in March of 2002 clearly shows a plane approaching the building. And there are hundreds of eyewitness accounts of those who not only saw the plane approach the Pentagon, but actually witnessed it hitting the building.

Those behind a conspiracy theory like this one have absolutely no evidence to support their foolish claims.

EDITED: Speaking of conspiracies, I just got done eating lunch with 2Pac and Elvis and they told me take a record home and play it backwards. Apparently Paul McCartney is dead and Heather Mills has been trying to milk money off of a McCartney-look a like that she married.

Who knew?

Last edited by tobynosker; 01-02-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

Very interesting idea... What about TWA flight 800!?
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #8
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
The conspiracy theory surrounding the Pentagon attack on September 11th only derives from photographs taken from a great distance that apparently do not give the conspiracy theory nuts the proper impression of what a plane could do as far as damage to the structure of the building and the debris and wreckage that was found after the attack.

Video footage from the Pentagon that was released in March of 2002 clearly shows a plane approaching the building. And there are hundreds of eyewitness accounts of those who not only saw the plane approach the Pentagon, but actually witnessed it hitting the building.

Those behind a conspiracy theory like this one have absolutely no evidence to support their foolish claims.
I've seen more pictures than those from afar... Don't feed me this crap lol, the pictures I've seen were taken with a look straight through the building. Absolutely no debree from plane wreckage could be seen... Sorry, but you can't remove that kind of plane debree in a matter of hours, no matter who you are...
Old 01-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
Jaguar Rick
rick in nc

Jaguar Rick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

1.9-11 Conspiracy

2.JFK Conspiracy

3. Aliens Conspiracy

4. Waco Conspiracy

5. MLK Conspiracy
Dexter Scott King believes that James Earl Ray was the one who shot his father.
1. I believe that the 9-11 attacks were probably planned by BinLaden and Co. I also believe that the Bush admin. ignored warnings from the prior admin. & those in his circle, until after the fact.
2. I think Oswald took it upon himself to kill Kennedy.
3. I don't believe in "aliens", and don't believe the Air Force does.
4. If David Koresh was the 2nd Jesus, why did he wear glasses? I think the fire started inside, perhaps by accident.
5. I think James Earl Ray acted alone, but wanted to prolong his life by claiming otherwise.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound
I've seen more pictures than those from afar... Don't feed me this crap lol, the pictures I've seen were taken with a look straight through the building. Absolutely no debree from plane wreckage could be seen... Sorry, but you can't remove that kind of plane debree in a matter of hours, no matter who you are...
Is this what you are talking about?

Because it seems to me that it discredits the picture evidence you provided. Oh, wait a second...
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

Well played Toby, I stand corrected - foot in mouth... Though I never provided picture evidence. Good evidence on your part though .

Last edited by AmpleSound; 01-02-2007 at 01:26 PM.
AmpleSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #12
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

As toby mentioned, this is all secondary because no one can possibly refute the hundreds of eye-witnesses.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
AmpleSound
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread79655/pg1 Here is a page backing the "evidence" that a Boeing 757 had crashed into the pentagon.

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm Here is a page saying it was a cover up, and the "evidence" was basically planted.

It does make you wonder, where are the wings? Also if fire fighters were on the scene almost instantly then how could EVERYTHING just disappear, and only few parts able to be found?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
Ellis
gymnopedist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
There is no overwhelming evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a missile.

And if you are going to say that there is, please provide us with some of that "evidence" that you have knowledge of.
Sorry, I just assumed that you had seen it...

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm

http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm#Main
Old 01-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #15
Ellis
gymnopedist

There is so much evidence about the King conspiracy, but here is some basic evidence about the MLK conspiracy that says a lot.

Just a few moments after the shots were fired...