Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about
Default When Did....

......SC become a politically focused board? No one talks about sports anymore just politics and other bullshit. The Bowls are going on, the NFL playoffs are about to start and all I see when I search for new posts are the same political threads.

Sorry guys but this place has done a 180 compared to when I joined it. I hope it changes soon.........No more Suedon, Tark, Buck, Dublin Mike, DM3....it's pretty damn sad.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

NAR(cotics) is on a distinguished road

Well I post new sports topics on a weekly basis. I post in all the active and open sports threads, most notably the NFL were Anthony does a wonderful job posting interesting topics to discuss. I check the sports news feeds and try to bring interesting posts to the forums for people to discuss.

The fact is there is a Politics section as well, so if people are posting there I am going to give my thoughts. But if you look around you can clearly see that their are active sports topics, its just theres not that many people talking...it usually comes down to me, Anthony and Marc. If you want change help institute it by replying in some sports threads.

My only championship this year....college soccer. :thumbdown:
NAR(cotics) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
themush
Banned

NAR no offense but you weren't around when this place had a pulse now through Marc banning the regs the other regs leaving because of little or no activity this place is a fraction of what it used to be. I'm trying to stick it out but it's very frustrating.

Just off the top of my head:

Charlie Weis hired as Gators OC
Harbaugh to sign with the 49ers
Rich Rod looks to be fired at UM
Panthers to pick Luck if he enters the draft
Denver wants 2nd rd pick for Orton
Brady sets consecutive completions w/o a int mark.

And not to mention there's a spammer that has had a thread up for more then 48 hours without any mention of it from the staff or the members. https://www.sports-central.org/commu...ad.php?t=23747

Might be time to shut this one down...
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

Or Maybe Marc could use a little more help, but thats all I am going to say on this one.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
themush
Banned

I'm just trying to stir the bottom a little to see if it's worth my time helping the site or if Marc is just going to keep SC on life support until it dies.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Well you know how that Ex-Lax commercial from about 30-35 years ago went:

Everybody needs help now and then!

But seriously, not since the 1930s has where the political world goes from here really meant as much as it does now.

Even so, it would help if the DETMURDSes, etc., would spend some more time on the sports-oriented forums (maybe now that the Lions are actually relevant once again, he will).

As for Tarkus, buckeyefan78, etc.: They were banned from here for a reason - and I'm not just saying that because I'm the Donovan McNabb of SportsCentral - a "company man" who "toes the line." :lol:
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
themush
Banned

Yeah banned for calling marc out on his bullshit. Anthony go back a few years and read some of those threads then read some from the last 12 months. Notice anything different? Look I'm not trying to be the internet badass or anything like that I'm just trying to understand how this place crashed and burned so quickly. And all signs point back to those bannings and the subsequent loss of regulars because of it. Might be time to reach out to those guys and try to fix the problem instead of just ignoring it.

This site has lost a all of it's identity.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
Yeah banned for calling marc out on his bullshit. Anthony go back a few years and read some of those threads then read some from the last 12 months. Notice anything different? Look I'm not trying to be the internet badass or anything like that I'm just trying to understand how this place crashed and burned so quickly. And all signs point back to those bannings and the subsequent loss of regulars because of it. Might be time to reach out to those guys and try to fix the problem instead of just ignoring it.

This site has lost a all of it's identity.
So you're just here to complain? How about you try to make the site better as opposed to whining? Anthony is right, they were banned for valid reasons. And by the way, only two people were; the others left for whatever reason. It's time to stop trying to rekindle the past. Help make the SCMB better by starting threads, replying to others, and get things going. If it makes you any happier, mush, I'm not trying to run a kindergarden here (notice the lack of language filters), but let's keep the site respectable within reason.
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #9
themush
Banned

Marc, I tried (just like Buck did some time back) to get members posting about football, both NFL and NCAA, about 5 months ago. NO ONE posted in those threads, including yourself. Don't believe me? Go back and take a look. You even sent me a thank you PM. Bottom line is this site is dead. If you want it to grow or even get back to where it was when I joined 5 years ago you need to put forth some effort. Sorry bro but that's the truth.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

But mush, you need to practice what you preach a bit more often; when was the last time you visited the NFL forum other than to bash me for wondering aloud if the commissioner's office might have been employing a double standard in fining offensive in contrast to defensive players?

You can start by bashing me again on Monday or so, when I call for the Eagles to hand the starting QB job to Kevin Kolb and let Michael Vick chase the almighty dollar - after Vick chokes again on Sunday just like he did in that Tuesday night game against Minnesota! :lol:

And I hearily endorse the demise of the language filters.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
themush
Banned

Ok, validate the reasons the site most active members' banning. You will duck this question again and we will be right back to where we were when I started this thread. I'm doing this in effort to try to revive this site. I listed several top NFL stories and still no thread started? Pathetic. Admin and Mods should be ashamed. .
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #12
SCGhost'sGhost
Rookie Player

SCGhost'sGhost is on a distinguished road

Man, this place is deader than dead. And I should know, I'm the ghost of a ghost.

#freepoptart

Countdown to the inevitable banning....3....2....
SCGhost'sGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #13
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

1...hi SCGhost's Ghost. Congrats on making it through 4 posts lol.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
themush
Banned

And STILL nothing has been done. This is pathetic. No need to ban me Marc I won't be around to point out this boards inadequacies anymore. It seems to fall on deaf ears anyway. So as the last of the SC four horsemen left I say AMF.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #15
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush View Post
And STILL nothing has been done. This is pathetic. No need to ban me Marc I won't be around to point out this boards inadequacies anymore. It seems to fall on deaf ears anyway. So as the last of the SC four horsemen left I say AMF.
I'm sorry ... what exactly do you want me to do, mush? I have a day job, I work 45 hours a week, plus this site. I have to pay the bills. When I started the site, I didn't face life's realities, but now I do. I am listening, and I have implemented changes (language filter, for instance). I'm also willing to give ex-posters a grace period to come back ... not going to ban people immediately unless they do something that justifies it. I'm not trying to show my authority or keep this site G-rated, I think it'd be funner if it wasn't. I just want to run a great sports community.

Ghost ... how cute.
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote