Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #46
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
I'm pulling for UGA tonight, because I think 'Bama got WAAAY too much respect from pollsters for beating Arkansas last week.
In fact, even if 'Bama wins, i think they should drop in the Top 25, because Arkansas blew a game it looked like they should have won, from what I saw.
Also, perhaps Woodson is overrated? I didn't see ANYTHING from him that I don't see in about ten other QBs in college right now. But, I didn't watch the whole game, either. (Gimme White--I'm a homer, Brohm, Booty, Dixon, Mallett/Henne--neither of which I actually like, Ryan, Longshore, Tebow, McCoy, and Brennan ahead of Woodson.)
Well, there is definitely one thing you saw from Woodson that you haven't ever seen from another college QB. He now owns the record for consecutive passes without an interception, an AMAZING 296 passes, breaking Trent Dilfer's NCAA record of 271.

Also, they only had the ball for 24 minutes, but put up 42 points, including 21 in the 4th quarter. How often does a team give up 338 yards rushing and WIN by 13? Definitely a crazy game, but I think Woodson showed a lot of poise in making the comeback and getting the win despite not playing his best game.

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:22 AM   #47
Jeff Levers
Coach Levers

Jeff Levers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by da12ken View Post
Yea, that was a sweet pass. Dagger in Saban's heart. Wait, does he have one?
Nope, Osaban Bin Lying has a hole where his heart is supposed to be... :lol:

Gator fan on the UF-OSU basketball game intro
Jeff Levers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #48
MountaineerDave
Where am I?

MountaineerDave is on a distinguished road

As I noted, I didn't watch much of the UK-Arkansas game, but I keep seeing the highlight of Woodson throwing into triple coverage, and hearing him get credit for the pass. Man, that pass KILLS QBs 99% of the time. Credit the receiver, not the idiot who threw it there.

I have never and will never be a Kurt Warner fan because he made an entire NFL career out of having the good fortune of having receivers who were talented and fast enough to make up for his bad decisions. I saw Woodson making similar style decisions, and I have to say that if he makes those kinds of decisions week-in week-out, he owes his receivers all the Heisman accolades he gets. And probably a few credits should go out to the sheisty secondaries he throws double- and triple-coverage against.

Poise is nice (there are definitely programs who'd love to have him), but I wasn't impressed the only time I saw him. He should have further opportunities to impress me, though, I s'pose. (When is UK on national TV again?)
Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #49
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineerDave View Post
As I noted, I didn't watch much of the UK-Arkansas game, but I keep seeing the highlight of Woodson throwing into triple coverage, and hearing him get credit for the pass. Man, that pass KILLS QBs 99% of the time. Credit the receiver, not the idiot who threw it there.

I have never and will never be a Kurt Warner fan because he made an entire NFL career out of having the good fortune of having receivers who were talented and fast enough to make up for his bad decisions. I saw Woodson making similar style decisions, and I have to say that if he makes those kinds of decisions week-in week-out, he owes his receivers all the Heisman accolades he gets. And probably a few credits should go out to the sheisty secondaries he throws double- and triple-coverage against.

Poise is nice (there are definitely programs who'd love to have him), but I wasn't impressed the only time I saw him. He should have further opportunities to impress me, though, I s'pose. (When is UK on national TV again?)
UK vs. Spurrier and USC in two weeks on ESPN, Dave. It should be a huge game between two top-15 programs. And withhold judgement until you've seen him more. There is absolutely no way Woodson fits your characterization while also setting the NCAA record for passes without an INT. His receivers aren't that good. He is that good.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote