Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 09-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Dano
Everybody Wang Chung...

Dano will become famous soon enough
Default Southern Cal/ Nebraska

IM really looking forward for this match-up. My gut tells me the Trojan's win big. But IM curious what happens when the nations best team steps foot in a hostil sea of red. Southern Cal hasn't heard crowd noise like they will hear tonight at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
Last season Josh Booty made his debut as USC's starting quarterback before a hostile Arkansas crowd. But those scenarios could pale in comparison with what awaits Booty and his teammates tonight at Memorial Stadium when the top-ranked Trojans play No. 14 Nebraska.
I think the crowd will in fact help the Huskers early, but talent and SC's speed will take over and control the game. But still the Sea of Red will make it fun for football fans.

Southern Cal - 41
Nebraska - 16
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

Remember when Nebraska used to have a good defense? Does anyone on that team know how to tackle? I would like to see hoe many broken or missed tackles occurred tonight. I'm guessing at least 20, and no, that's not exaggerating.

What was Callahan doing in the 1st half? They were passing all over USC, and suddenly he decides to start running the ball? Man what an idiot.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I don't know I would have expected the Trojans to be shell shocked going into Nebraska. Pete Carroll's teams do not seem to care where the game is played. It has been a long time since a USC team curled up in a ball and did not show up to play on the road in a big game atmosphere.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin Mike View Post
Remember when Nebraska used to have a good defense? Does anyone on that team know how to tackle? I would like to see hoe many broken or missed tackles occurred tonight. I'm guessing at least 20, and no, that's not exaggerating.

What was Callahan doing in the 1st half? They were passing all over USC, and suddenly he decides to start running the ball? Man what an idiot.
Yep.

Nebraska dropped the ball twice:

1st time: firing Solich

2nd time: not hiring interim coach Bo Pellini

But then again...that's why you got Callahan.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

I used to love the way the Huskers played football. I loved the option game they used to have and just trying to pound it down the opponents throat was GREAT! Now, they lost the blackshirt defense, and are looking soft out there. Nebraska will never be the same again though.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

grizzle_810 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachJ View Post
I used to love the way the Huskers played football. I loved the option game they used to have and just trying to pound it down the opponents throat was GREAT! Now, they lost the blackshirt defense, and are looking soft out there. Nebraska will never be the same again though.
Some have fallen further than others, but remember when these teams were dominant?

NOTRE DAME
NEBRASKA
FLORIDA STATE
MIAMI
MICHIGAN

This is the year of the former-powerhouses going down. Unbelievable all around.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle_810 View Post
Some have fallen further than others, but remember when these teams were dominant?

NOTRE DAME
NEBRASKA
FLORIDA STATE
MIAMI
MICHIGAN

This is the year of the former-powerhouses going down. Unbelievable all around.
Michigan was dominant just last year though. This year is more of a fluke until we see a trend.

Miami and FSU have been down quite awhile...esp. FSU.

Nebraska hasn't had a big win since beatin' then #1 Oklahoma back in 2001.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote