Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 10-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough
Default Bama's Top 10 Pro Football Rankings Week 7

1.Chicago Bears-(6-0)-The Bears enjoyed a bye this past weekend. Next game Oct 29th against the San Francisco 49ers at home in Chicago. The Bears rookie DE Mark Anderson out of the University of Alabama, is tied for third in the NFL with 6.5 sacks. Chicago's defense ranks second overall in the NFL, allowing 243.2 yards per game.

2.Indianapolis Colts-(6-0)-The Colts beat up on the Washington Redskins, 36-22 in Indianapolis. QB Peyton Manning completed 25 of 35 passes for 342 yards and threw four TD's. Wow! WR Reggie Brown caught seven passes for 122 yards and one TD. WR Marvin Harrison caught seven passes for 73 yards. With those receiving yards Harrison moved into eighth place alltime(12,846), surpassing Irving Fyrar. The Colts LB Cato June was in on 15 tackles for the day. June played his college ball for the Michigan Wolverines. FGK Adam Vinatieri kicked three field goals on the day. His longest was a 47 yarder in the fourth quarter. Next game Oct. 29th against the Denver Broncos in Denver. That should be a great game.

3.Denver Broncos-(5-1)-The Broncos beat the Cleveland Browns, 17-7 in Cleveland. Or should I say Denver's defense beat the Browns? Broncos rookie DE Elvis Dumbervil out of the University of Louisville recorded three sacks on the day. The rest of the defense recorded two more sacks. Currently, Denver's offense ranks 23rd overall in the NFL. Must drastically improve their offense to make it to the Super Bowl. RB Tatum Bell rushed for 115 yards on 24 carries and scored one rushing TD. WR Javon Walker caught nine passes for 107 yards. QB Jake Plummer threw for 209 yards and one TD. He did throw two INT's. I wonder how long it will be before we see rookie QB Jay Cutler as the starter quarterback? The Denver fans would sure love to see him starting. Head coach Mike Shanahan recorded his 135th career victory, moving him into 18th place alltime. One win from tying Hank Stram. Next game Oct. 29th against the Indianapolis Colts in Denver.

4.New England Patriots-(5-1)-The Patriots defeated the Buffalo Bills, 28-6 in Buffalo. QB Tom Brady completed 18 of 27 passes for 195 yards and two TD's. New England had trouble moving the ball on the ground this week. RB Corey Dillon rushed for just 47 yards on 14 carries, but he did score two rushing TD's. Rookie RB Lawrence Maroney rushed for only 29 yards on eight carries. Maroney did return two kickoffs for 100 yards. That's a 50 yard average-not bad at all. TE Ben Watson caught five passes for 60 yards. WR Doug Gabriel caught a five yard TD pass from Brady in the fourth quarter. LB Junior Seau for the Patriots led the defense with nine tackles. This guy is still a high quality player in his 17th year in the NFL. Next game Oct. 30th against the Minnesota Vikings in Minnesota.

5.New Orleans Saints-(5-1)-The Saints enjoyed a bye this past week. Next game Oct. 29th against the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans. New Orleans is averaging 354 yards per game on offense while the Ravens are averaging 285 yards per game. As for defense, Baltimore is allowing 245.6 yards per game versus 309.2 for the Saints.

6.Cincinnati Bengals-(4-2)-The Bengals beat the Carolina Panthers, 17-14 at home in Cincinnati. Cincinnati gambled on fourth and one and won the bet. WR Chad Johnson made a 32 yard catch for a first down. Two plays later, the Bengals scored on a one yard pass from QB Carson Palmer to WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Palmer completed 23 of 39 passes for 240 yards and two TD's. WR Steve Smith was his excellent self as usual, catching eight passes for 126 yards. He's averaging 14.8 yards per catch. Rookie LB James Anderson and safty Mike Ginter led the defense with nine tackles each. Anderson is a rookie out of Virginia Tech. Next game Oct. 29th against the Atlanta Falcons in Cincinnati.

7.Baltimore Ravens-(4-2)-The Ravens enjoyed a bye this past week. They play the New Orleans Saints on Oct. 29th in New Orleans. QB Kyle Boller did a decent job filling in for an injured Steve McNair, but the team needs McNair back healthy. But at the same time, McNair ranks 31st in the NFL, with a quarterback rating of only 63.7. LB Ray Lewis is the leading tackler for the team with 50(39 solo).

8.New York Giants-(4-2)-The Giants crushed the Dallas Cowboys, 36-22 in Irving, Texas. New York's defense swarmed all over Dallas QB's Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo. Coming up with six sacks and grabbing four interceptions. DE Michael Strahan had two of the six sacks. CB Kevin Dockery returned an interception for a 96 yard TD in the fourth quarter for New York. Romo threw three of those INT's. As for the Giants offense RB Tiki Barber rushed for 114 yards on 27 carries. Barber leads the NFL in rushing with 647 yards. I can't believe he wants to retire. Ugh! WR Plaxico Burress scored on a 50 yard pass from QB Eli Manning in the first quarter. Burress caught two passes for 94 yards on the night. Manning completed 12 of 26 passes for 189 yards and two TD's. Next game Oct. 29th against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in New York.

9.Atlanta Falcons-(4-2)-The Falcons beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, 41-38 in overtime in Atlanta. Atlanta won the game when ageless FGK Morten Andersen kicked a 32 yard FG. QB Michael Vickl threw a career high four TD's. Vick completed 18 of 30 passes for 232 yards. TE Alge Crumpler caught six passes for 117 yards and three TD's. RB Warrick Duun rushed for 69 yards on 26 carries and scored on rushing TD. Dunn ranks third in the NFL in rushing with 580 yards. CB Jason Webster led the Falcons defense with nine tackles. Next game Oct. 22nd against the Cincinnati Bengals in Cincinnati.

10.San Diego Chargers-(4-2)-The Chargers lost to the Kansas City Chiefs, 30-27 in Kansas City. Never an easy place to win for any team. QB Phillip Rivers completed 25 of 43 passes for 266 yards and two TD's. Rivers threw one INT. He ranks sixth in the NFL with a quarterback rating of 96.3. I'm still mad he didn't play his college ball at Alabama. Turncoat! RB LaDainian Tomlinson was the leading rusher and the leader in receiver yards for his team on Sunday. Tomlinson rushed for 66 yards on 15 carries and caught six passes for 72 yards and one TD. LB Donnie Edwards led the Chargers defense with 10 tackles. Soon to be suspended(tested positive for steroids) DE Shawne Merriman had eight tackles. San Diego's defense ranks first overall in the NFL, allowing 241.2 yards per game. Next game Oct. 29th against the St. Louis Rams in San Diego.

HONORABLE MENTION FOR THE TOP 10-MINNESOTA

Last edited by bama4256; 10-25-2006 at 11:03 AM.
bama4256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama4256 View Post
9.New York Giants-(4-2) RB Tiki Barber rushed for 114 yards on 27 carries. Barber leads the NFL in rushing with 647 yards. I can't believe he wants to retire. Ugh!
I think now that he said "how much he gets hit, etc.", I'm starting to notice it more. Man, did he take some hits last night.

BTW Bama - just wanna say I really enjoy reading your top 10 - keep up the good work :thumbup:
Old 10-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #3
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Thanks Boston I really appreciate that. I would like to see who u think should be in the top 10 though.

I don't blame Barber for retiring. I like when a player retires on top of his game. He will be sorely missed.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

Sorry meant to rank the Giants ahead of the Falcons. I will change that.