Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #15826
Ross
Hall of Famer

Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
PS - This Tribe / Yanks game is driving me nuts! Are you guys watching this?
These bugs in this game are the absolute darndest things...at least the Tribe have tied it.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:18 AM   #15827
da12ken
Fast Food Brother #1

da12ken will become famous soon enough

There's four unopened boxes of Golden Grahams at my house. I feel like singing Chic.

Follow all my idiot thoughts from the comfort of your computer.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:06 AM   #15828
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Well... I'm off to get loaded... They are expecting me at "Da Smoke House"... a little hole in the wall I used to bartend at years ago. The best part is the owner is an Angels fan... she's got a "rally monkey" hanging up... oh how I can't wait to say hello
Talk to ya tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #15829
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Change your avatar because I feel guilty!!
Nope! Not until you're home for good......

I'm glad that you're getting some R&R tho....:thumbsup2:
Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #15830
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

4:30am... just got home.... drink a couple and then hit the hide-away which opens at 6am... Feeling good!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #15831
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Good to have you back in the 50 states, Steve. The Red Sox are having a better time this year than they did last year in the playoffs.
We were away for a couple of days. We made a quick trip down to Branson, our first. It won't be the last. There are at least 5 things we saw there but didn't get to visit, that we want to check out. The "Beatles" show is definitely worth going to, as is Paul Revere and the Raiders/Righteous Brothers (sans Bobby Hattfield). Bill Medley can still sing almost as well as ever and he's approaching 70.

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.

Last edited by catman; 10-07-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #15832
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Good to be back Catman!!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #15833
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Well, my friend and I got pulled over in downtown Charlotte last night. My friend was driving as I had a few beers and he wasn't drinking (whew). The problem ... he had a suspended license for a DWI. And I had illegal dark tint. But we were very honest and respectful and they let me off with a warning on the tint. My friend, however, has to go back to court, ugh.

Kinda funny, though. I hit 100 on the on-ramp and have never been pulled while driving. The *moment* he drives, we get pulled. Kinda ruined the mood of the night after that. People were coming up to the car asking if I was going to jail, etc. Heh.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #15834
boston_aloha
FFB #2

We should race sometime...
ok folks.. I'm off to the Hide-Away... drinks and fun
It opens at 6am... and trust me.. no one wakes up to go to the Hide-Away... eveyone will be like me.. still going from last night!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #15835
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Well its about 3pm and I'm back.... fun time. I think I need to sleep.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #15836
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

Sounds like you aren't quite adjusted to the time change just yet, Steve. On our way back through the Seattle airport last summer, we met a couple that were in the Navy, stationed at Diego Garcia, which is in the middle of the Indian Ocean. They said they'd been on planes for 30 hours and were really tired. I think they may have been going through what you are right now.

Catman
Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #15837
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Oh yeah... I tell ya, I couldn't WAIT to get off that plane! 24 hours in the air, plus about 4 hours of layovers + customs. I left Kuwait at 11:45pm... and got to Hawaii the next day at 3pm. Also, there was a 13 hour time difference.

I just woke up at 4am this morning. I walked to the super market and got all kinds of stuff for steak and cheese sandwiches. I just cut up the onions. I'm going cook these bad boys up at around 6:30am (kick-off is at 7).

I also bought a cantalope and cut that up. Funny, this was the first time I ever bought fruit and cut it up. I had no idea how to pick a cantalope?? And at 4am, there aren't many other shoppers to ask! ha ha... but I picked a good one. Nice and ripe!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #15838
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Steak and cheese samich at 6:30am? Good to have you back Steve.:thumbsup2:
Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #15839
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I also bought a cantalope and cut that up. Funny, this was the first time I ever bought fruit and cut it up. I had no idea how to pick a cantalope?? And at 4am, there aren't many other shoppers to ask! ha ha... but I picked a good one. Nice and ripe!
Steve knows his melons.

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 10-07-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #15840
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

FYI -- the best way to pick a cantalope is to thump it and smell the stem area. If the thump yields a deep, full sound and the smell is good, get the melon. Otherwise, let it go. I usually buy cantalopes from the local growers, not in stores, but that is not an option for some people. I might grow my own next year from seeds I have saved from particularly good ones we bought this summer.

Catman
Closed Thread