Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

IntheNet is on a distinguished road
Default Attorney Issue

If there is already a thread on this topic my deepest apologies...But I have a question...

Why is it somehow okay and a none-issue for President Bill Clinton to fire ALL (ninety-three) the US Attorneys in 1993 but if President Bush fires EIGHT he is somehow wrong?

Perhaps some liberal lefty can weigh in with an answer; I can't understand this latest Democrat smear...
Old 03-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Why is it somehow okay and a none-issue for President Bill Clinton to fire ALL (ninety-three) the US Attorneys in 1993 but if President Bush fires EIGHT he is somehow wrong?
Cite the reasons they were fired and we can have a conversation. The eight that Bush had fired were for political reasons as opposed to job preformance.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Cite the reasons they were fired and we can have a conversation.
Does it matter?

Quote:
The eight that Bush had fired were for political reasons as opposed to job preformance.
They are political appointees! They serve at the pleasure of the president. The president does not legally have to have a reason for firing them.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Does it matter?
I don't know. Does it matter if you are fired for simply being African American? Or what about fired for your religious beliefs?

Yes, it matters why people are fired.

Quote:
They are political appointees! They serve at the pleasure of the president. The president does not legally have to have a reason for firing them.
Oh I'm sorry. I guess political allegence is more important than competency and job preformance. <--- This is the way of the republican party. As long as you mention Jesus and never question the president, you are a good republican. Forget your preformance, all they want is a "yes man" in every position.

If it is no big deal, tell me why Gonzales is apologizing and admitting to mistakes? Why is he not saying, "we can fire whoever we want..." ???

Think Fresh.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I don't know. Does it matter if you are fired for simply being African American? Or what about fired for your religious beliefs?
Yes, it matters why people are fired.
I agree, but a political appointee has a slightly different employment contract as a regular government worker... go and check if you disbelieve me!

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry. I guess political allegence is more important than competency and job preformance. ...
THEY ARE POLITICAL APPOINTEES! Given jobs for their help with campaign! Political allegiance is key! Nobody is denying that!

What part of "serving at the pleasure of the president" is difficult to understand? It is simply that; POLITICAL APPOINTEES can be fired for any reason at any time. There are political appointees in every branch of government at all levels. And they are routinely dismissed for no reason. It seems the Dems just discovered this fact. And it is the height of hypocrisy to accept that Clinton terminated employ of ALL his attorneys, including one that was investigating Democrat Rostenkowski at the time, yet question the eight (8) that were dismissed.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

"Gonzales initially had asserted the firings were performance-related, not based on political considerations."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17688221/

Why would he say this if it didn't matter "why" they were fired?

Think Fresh.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
catman
Humble MLB Moderator

catman will become famous soon enough

Fresh, how can anyone justify the removal of all of the US attorneys and then call the firing of 8 "political"?

Catman
Rest in Peace, Buck. You were truly a giant among men.
catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Fresh, how can anyone justify the removal of all of the US attorneys and then call the firing of 8 "political"?
I don't know, why did Gonzales call it a mistake? Why did he lie about the reasoning? Look within your own party to find the hypocrisy. If Clinton made a mistake and it was done inproperly, I'm sure the republican attack machine would have been able to capitalize. You guys are much better at making people pay for mistakes than we are. Gonzales admitted that things were done for the wrong reasons and in the wrong way. Don't look at me, look to the people who have admitted failure.

Think Fresh.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
If there is already a thread on this topic my deepest apologies...But I have a question...

Perhaps some liberal lefty can weigh in with an answer; I can't understand this latest Democrat smear...
The big issue is, why DID Clinton fire them all. The truth in that matter is the real eye popper!
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
The big issue is, why DID Clinton fire them all. The truth in that matter is the real eye popper!
I agree DETMURDS! Democrat hyocrisy is legendary!

Consider Watergate! Democrats all mad at Nixon because of a break in at Dem headquarters and official documents stolen. Watergate becomes the story of the 20th Century! Yet Sandy Burglar steals official documents on behalf of Clinton from NARA several times and destroys them and he is given a slap on the wrist and it is a big none-story!

The parallels between the Watergate story and the Sandy Burglar story are amazing! And it shows Democrat hypocrisy!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
on behalf of Clinton
Prove it....

Quote:
The big issue is, why DID Clinton fire them all.
Please enlighten us and provide a legit source...

Think Fresh.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #12
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheNet View Post
I agree DETMURDS! Democrat hyocrisy is legendary!

Consider Watergate! Democrats all mad at Nixon because of a break in at Dem headquarters and official documents stolen. Watergate becomes the story of the 20th Century! Yet Sandy Burglar steals official documents on behalf of Clinton from NARA several times and destroys them and he is given a slap on the wrist and it is a big none-story!

The parallels between the Watergate story and the Sandy Burglar story are amazing! And it shows Democrat hypocrisy!
Or how about the way the Clintons raped and pilfered the White House before they left,...don't hear too much of that in this society's left wing media.
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETMURDS View Post
Or how about the way the Clintons raped and pilfered the White House before they left,...don't hear too much of that in this society's left wing media.
On the flip side if Hillary wins we get the White House furniture back she earlier stole!

:lol:
Old 03-19-2007, 02:13 PM   #14
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

So, no one can prove that Berger did anything "on Clinton's behalf," or why CLinton fired the lawyers? Can you provide proof on the funiture that "she earlier stole!"

No of course not. That's why the media doesn't report these things. Because they are conspiracy theories by extremist on the right wing with nothing to substantiate the claims.

Think Fresh.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #15
IntheNet
Hall of Famer

Quote:
So, no one can prove that Berger did anything "on Clinton's behalf..." .
Before I even respond to that, are you aware of Sandy's position in the government at the time of this incident and who he worked for?

Are you being deliberately obtuse?