Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Fantasy Sports

Old 08-31-2005, 11:27 PM   #121
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I missed out on a couple of sleepers, other then that I'm satisfied.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:52 AM   #122
Billy D
Alternative View

Billy D is on a distinguished road

I'm happy. But i wish i played Murds in week 9... his whole team'll be on bye...

This was a very competitive draft. I enjoyed it.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:07 AM   #123
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

i love my team. it came out totally different then any of my other 11 fantasy teams.

round 1
tomlinson, manning, alexandaer, holmes- the most common 1-4 order i'd say this year. thankfully i was number 4. holmes is just as good of the other guys expect he has the injuries looming in the past.

culpepper 9, steven jackson 13

round 2
qb's selling like mad along w/ the elite wr's. i take westbrook at 25. i think it's too early. kevin jones or rudi johnson would have been better but i like westbrook a ton and he is a duel threat just like holmes and vintage m. faulk

round 3
i take hines ward. i couldnt let the last elite wr pass me. he has been putting up 1,000+ yard seasons with an QB they've started. last year's TD numbers worry me but w/o Plexico and injury issues for Bettis and Duce he'll get the TD looks.

round 4
roy williams. sticking w/ my rb, rb, wr, wr rule for my first four picks. i hope joey figures out to allow this amazing wideouts to make the plays.

round 5
my love for derrick mason kept me from taking lee evans who a few picks later. both have question marks for QB's but i like mason's system better. my worries over roy make me go w/ another WR for insurance.

round 6
steve mcnair. i needed to fill out the QB spot before all the meat was gone. he basically had all of last season off to recover. he's slimmed down. playing just to have fun late in his career. henry and brown will help open up the field for him.

round 7
eagles D. my super bowl pick. best D overall for the best 5 years. Pats and Ravens were already gone. Pats have lost too many coaches and too many pieces. Ravens went in round five which is too early for my blood. perfect timing. plently of TE's left. only elite D left on the board in my view.

round 8
the elite kickers all come off the board. round eight? this is where the bargins go on sale and you pick a kicker? come on. i grab eric johnson. 49ers. yikes. but he is one of their few options. larry johnson is taken, doh! i need him for backup for holmes. oh well.

round 9
marcus robinson. good pick in my view in this round. vikings are going to be moving the ball around to a lot of different guys. he is a second or third option for most plays but w/ culpepper that's never a bad thing. i'm sad to see doug jolley i wanted him for insurance in case eric johnson stinks. i figured he'd fall between the cracks.

round 10
mike anderson. wow. he is going to start in denver and he falls to round ten? i had my eye on him for a while at this point. at this point i feel my WR's are solid and this is the perfect time to add depth to by RB's. anderson is a total steal.

round 11
travis henry. the word is chris brown will be used a lot of passing. that means henry will make a good shot to get the big carries for the titans. another steal at running back.

round 12
time to close up shop. im ready to take some crazy picks to end it. JP losman. doubt all you want but lee evans is ready to explode in buffalo. losman is a low risk, high reward pick. im suprised to see lee suggs finally come off the board. the browns stink but a starting back this last is another steal.

round 13
mark campbell. bill's TE. goes w/ the losman pick. decent backup at TE for the bye week if needed

round 14
kicker neil rackers from arizona. he makes a lot of long field goals. i expect kurt warner to stall the offense a lot so he'll have plently of attempts.

round 15
dallas D. why not? they look young and exciting.

Last edited by blackdogsong; 09-01-2005 at 10:11 AM.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #124
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

1. LaDainian Tomlinson- Really a no brainer here. If I took Manning, I wouldn't have ended up with a stud running back.

2. Chad Johnson- One of the best receivers in the league on an up and coming team.

3. Javon Walker- The chance to add yet another stud at wideout was too hard to pass up. Favre's #1 target is always due for a big season.

4. Jake Delhomme- After a stellar 2003, he flew below the radar in 2004 despite 29 TD passes. With my next pick back from injury, he should continue to put up big numbers.

5. Steve Smith- Hard to pass up yet another #1 receiver, especially after drafting his QB. Three stud receivers should balance out not having two big time running backs.

6. Warrick Dunn- Not a bad running back to get at the end of round 6. I drafted Duckett later on as insurance.

7. Dallas Clark- Manning's top target at TE with Pollard now in Detroit. He should put up excellent numbers for a TE.

8. Buffalo Defense- Defenses and kickers started flying off the board so I figured I would jump on and nab two studs.

9. Ryan Longwell- See above.

10. T.J. Duckett- Insurance for Dunn and he gets most of the goal line carries.

11. Jabar Gaffney- Just a bye week fill in. I'm expecting quality production from all of my starting wideouts.

12. Miami Defense- Saban is a defensive guru and this unit was pretty good last season. Not bad for a bye week fill in/insurance policy.

13. Troy Williamson- With Moss gone, he will be the Vikings' big play threat. Not bad for a 13th rounder.

14. Michael Turner- Insurance policy for Tomlinson.

15. Jim Kleinsasser- He missed most of last season but is a decent option at TE off the bench.

Overall, I was very satisfied with my draft. I only wish that I could have drafted a decent back up QB at the end of the draft. I guess I'll just have to pick up a starter when Delhomme has a bye week.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #125
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Despite picking last, I am happy with McNabb and Lewis as my top picks. I am banking on the Cardinals having some studs in Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Arrington. I also got a top-tier TE in Jason Witten, which is different for me.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:19 AM   #126
Billy D
Alternative View

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Despite picking last, I am happy with McNabb and Lewis as my top picks. I am banking on the Cardinals having some studs in Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Arrington. I also got a top-tier TE in Jason Witten, which is different for me.
Banking on a Bill Bidwell franchise is never a good idea... best of luck
Old 09-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #127
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

Quote:
1. LaDainian Tomlinson- Really a no brainer here. If I took Manning, I wouldn't have ended up with a stud running back.
Tomlinson is no question is most drafts. nice starting reciever core w/ Johnson, Walker, Smith, Clark. I'd be worried w/ Dunn as the second starting running back. great D picks. nice draft.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #128
bombers fan
All-Star Player

bombers fan is on a distinguished road

ok boys week 1 is here good luck to all and of course go jets
still denys this to this day.
http://www.theforgotten.org/site/intro_eng.html
bombers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:27 PM   #129
DETMURDS
Detroit Native!

DETMURDS has a little shameless behavior in the past

I'm not too upset with my team's performance,...GO MURDS!
DETMURDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #130
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I finally am getting a RB in Thomas Jones, giving up Larry Fitzgerald. With Jamal Lewis having under 100 yards combined this season and J.J. Arrington riding the pine, my RB situation was in dire straights, so I am relieved. My other issue is McNabb he's all banged up and my season is over if he misses time.

This is what you get with the last pick in the draft.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #131
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

McNabb sure looked fine against the Chiefs. injuried or not he is the best QB in the NFC, and maybe the NFL right now.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #132
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

both undefeated teams went down this week. my team helped play spoiler even w/ Tim Rattay's -2. Rackers racked up 23 points and was the only real reason i won.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #133
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdogsong
both undefeated teams went down this week. my team helped play spoiler even w/ Tim Rattay's -2. Rackers racked up 23 points and was the only real reason i won.
Yea, I was real happy about my first loss coming by way of kicker.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #134
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

6 way tie for first, but i've got the most points.

Holmes is out on a bye, but i get my WR's back (Hines Ward and Derrick Mason) who had byes last week.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #135
Billy D
Alternative View

It's a tie, but this is the first time i've ever been in first this late into a season in fantasy football... pretty happy about that