Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #91
Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
Andrew Jones is on a distinguished road
Default

Sell.
Brad O. is right, Anderson's trade value is high right now and the market for a decent quarterback is very demanding making his value even higher. Things may have been different if the Browns would have made the playoffs and Anderson could have shown off his poise in high pressure, but I think they need to give Quinn a shot. I'd look for Anderson to end up in Philadelphia after McNabb finds his way to Minnesota and the bosom of Brad Childress.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #92
doublee
Sports Virtuoso
 
doublee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 11,138
doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I'd look for Anderson to end up in Philadelphia after McNabb finds his way to Minnesota and the bosom of Brad Childress.
What would be the point of that. The only way McNabb gets moved is if the Eagles believe Kolb is ready to start next year. It would not make any sense to dump McNabb and bring in Anderson if you think Kolb is your guy for the future.

If Anderson gets dealt it will be somewhere like Carolina who will want insurance in case Delhomme is done or is not ready to go at the end of the year since they already know David Carr is not the answer. Plus Delhomme is on the wrong side of 30 and Anderson is still young enough to groom as a successor to someone who may be done in a year or two.

Or he coule possibly go to Chicago or Minnesota who might miss out on Brohm, Ryan, or Woodson in the draft.
__________________
Can I get an Amen from the bobbleheads?
Hey I said pass the ketchup! I'm eatin' salad here!
Oooh, there is so much I don't know about astrophysics. I wish I had read that book by that wheelchair guy.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #93
Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
Andrew Jones is on a distinguished road
Default

The reason to dump McNabb is because he is not good enough for the Eagles, he is a distraction, and a loud mouth. The reason to bring in Anderson is because Kolb isn't ready yet. I'm just throwing it out there as something I think would be worth the Brown's time.
I don't think the Vikings will draft a quarterback unless they fire Childress. Childress is too in love with Jackson to bring in a younger guy. He may bring in McNabb to "help out" the young unwise Jackson, but he won't draft a QB. Chicago is a definite possibility.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #94
doublee
Sports Virtuoso
 
doublee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 11,138
doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
The reason to dump McNabb is because he is not good enough for the Eagles, he is a distraction, and a loud mouth. The reason to bring in Anderson is because Kolb isn't ready yet. I'm just throwing it out there as something I think would be worth the Brown's time.
But it is not worth the Eagles time and that is the whole point. Why dump a QB who knows the offense for one who has never taken a snap in Reid's offense? At that stage Kolb knows the offense better than Anderson does. Secondly, Anderson is a restricted free agent so if a team wants to get him it will take a long term deal to get him. It would be a waste of Philly's time and money to sign someone like Anderson to that kind of contract if he is only going to be starting for a year.
__________________
Can I get an Amen from the bobbleheads?
Hey I said pass the ketchup! I'm eatin' salad here!
Oooh, there is so much I don't know about astrophysics. I wish I had read that book by that wheelchair guy.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #95
boston_aloha
FFB #2
 
boston_aloha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,850
boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default

next Topic
__________________
Homer: "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #96
Mr. D
Sports Enthusiast
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 37
Mr. D is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabramoff View Post
BUY.

Seattle will win. They are more experienced, with a more experienced
coach, and have tons of momentum. Green Bay is nowhere near as
good as their 13-3 record, and they will come out flat. Look them to
be down 14-0 before you know it. It will be another "Atlanta" game for the Packers.

However, anyone who thinks New York will upset Dallas is on drugs.
You were wrong about the Packers losing but right about down 14-0 before you know it :lol:

anyways

BUY or SELL The Bengals Trading Chad Johnson away
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #97
boston_aloha
FFB #2
 
boston_aloha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,850
boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default

Welcome Mr D

I'm gonna SELL this because I don't think the Bengals would get what CJ is worth. Although I agree with TJM and Henry they would be fine at the WR spot, and they could load up on some desperately needed defense - but I don't think teams are willing to invest much in CJ - or give up much.
__________________
Homer: "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #98
Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 26
Andrew Jones is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philabramoff View Post
BUY.

However, anyone who thinks New York will upset Dallas is on drugs.
Note to self, continue doing drugs. It helps predict the outcome of playoff games.
Oh and I'll buy Chad going away from the Bengals in a hurry. He can find a better home without too much trouble.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #99
Mr. D
Sports Enthusiast
 
Mr. D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 37
Mr. D is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Note to self, continue doing drugs. It helps predict the outcome of playoff games.
Oh and I'll buy Chad going away from the Bengals in a hurry. He can find a better home without too much trouble.
as to the continue doing drugs part I agree I must renew my prescription as well lol

but as far as Chad no Cincinnati is happy with chad and he's happy with them
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #100
doublee
Sports Virtuoso
 
doublee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 11,138
doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default

Haven't we debated Johnson's fate enough in the "Bring Chad to Philly" thread? My sense is we will end up re-hashing a lot of what has already been said so let's move on to a different topic please.
__________________
Can I get an Amen from the bobbleheads?
Hey I said pass the ketchup! I'm eatin' salad here!
Oooh, there is so much I don't know about astrophysics. I wish I had read that book by that wheelchair guy.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #101
CKFresh
Most Hated Member
 
CKFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,377
CKFresh will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Haven't we debated Johnson's fate enough in the "Bring Chad to Philly" thread? My sense is we will end up re-hashing a lot of what has already been said so let's move on to a different topic please.
Yeah, I agree...

We'll give Mr. D a pass on this one since he is new to the boards. But yes, this has been discussed enough on the other thread... Sorry Mr. D, we will move on for now, but feel free to add anyhting else you would like to the "Bring Chad to Philly" thread.

NEXT TOPIC:

Mike Tomlin's decision making is to blame for the Steelers early departure from the playoffs.
__________________
Do yourself a favor, become your own savior.

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #102
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,309
tobynosker is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh
Mike Tomlin's decision making is to blame for the Steelers early departure from the playoffs.
Sell.

Mike Tomlin didn't throw three first-half interceptions. Mike Tomlin didn't give up the 96-yard kickoff return to Maurice Jones-Drew. Mike Tomlin wasn't on the field to try and contain the late 32-yard scramble by David Garrard that led to the game winning field-goal. If anything, Mike Tomlin made enough changes in the locker room at halftime (when the game appeared to be over) to give Pittsburgh a fighter's chance in the second-half and they showed no signs of quiting because of his leadership.

I know many people question Tomlin's decision to attempt the 2-point conversion, but their were over 10-minutes worth of plays after that point that led to the Steelers losing that playoff game.

The Pittsburgh Steelers had the hardest first-round playoff draw of any team in the NFL playoffs, and they were taking on an upstart ballculb that had defeated them on their own home field in tough conditions less than a month before. They were without Willie Parker, Aaron Smith, Marvel Smith and Max Starks, while safety Troy Polamalu was at less than full strength.

Credit Mike Tomlin for having this team ready to go and managing to get his team to play over their heads for most of the second-half. He did not lose that game for the Steelers.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #103
doublee
Sports Virtuoso
 
doublee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 11,138
doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default

I am selling as well. For pretty much the same reason Toby outlined above. It is tough to expect a team to win when they are without two starting o-linemen, one of which is he starting LT, and stud RB. If I am not mistaken the starting LT was actually #3 on the depth chart as the #2 guy was hurt as well.

I give Tomlin credit for not letting him team implode in the second half and getting them back into the game.
__________________
Can I get an Amen from the bobbleheads?
Hey I said pass the ketchup! I'm eatin' salad here!
Oooh, there is so much I don't know about astrophysics. I wish I had read that book by that wheelchair guy.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #104
deavobadger
All-Star Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 239
deavobadger is on a distinguished road
Default

Buy

I know his team played hard and did a good job, but he blew the call to go for 2 points from the 12-yard line. I don't argue with going for it from the 2, Tomlin refered to "the chart", it's usually pretty reliable. But you don't go for it on 4th and Goal from the 12 in a similar situation, so don't go for 2 there. Terrible decision that ultimately cost them the game.

If the kicker would have missed the extra point instead of Tomlin not getting the 2 point conversion, everyone would have blamed him for the loss, so why not the coach?

I saw Bill Cowher critcizing Tomlin about the call, and I was surprised. I thought it would be a touchy subject, but he was absolutely right.
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #105
boston_aloha
FFB #2
 
boston_aloha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,850
boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default

I'm gonna SELL this because Pitt was really banged up for this game.

But I do want to point out that I disagree with all the
"Mike Tomlin didn't throw three first-half interceptions"
"Mike Tomlin didn't give up the 96-yard kickoff return to Maurice Jones-Drew."
"Mike Tomlin wasn't on the field to try and contain the late 32-yard scramble by David Garrard that led to the game winning field-goal."

I think you cannot use that for a reason. Players make mistakes - its gonna happen, the coach is there to NOT make mistakes and keep you in the game. Thats just my opinion. I think he made a mistake by going for 2 points from the 12 yard line... but did it cost them the game, or was it the reason they lost? No. I think they lost because they were not at full strength.
__________________
Homer: "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone interested in Buy or Sell? boston_aloha National Football League 11 12-21-2007 03:33 PM
Buy or Sell? blackdogsong Major League Baseball 8 06-17-2005 01:32 PM
Buy or Sell II blackdogsong Major League Baseball 4 06-08-2005 07:37 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.