Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 12-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone interested in Buy or Sell?

With Marc's approval....

Hey guys/gals... I know we have done Buy or Sell in the past but the way we did it was one person would have a Buy or Sell topic and then when someone replied, the topic was dead and we moved on. We never really had much discussion on the topic - more just a quick opinion (and only one opinion at that). I was thinking maybe we could do this differently with a few rules.

One person will post the Buy or Sell topic. We cannot move on to a new topic unless a mod says "next topic":

The mods will say "next topic" based on:

1. If at least 4 different people have posted another opinion about the topic
AND
2. The person who posted (or a few others - but the main thing is the person who posted it) has had a chance to reply to those posts (not all, but some).
THEN
3. An appointed moderator says "next topic"

I was thinking we could appoint maybe 4 mods for this thread. Maybe 4 different people from different time zones to make sure the thread doesn't slow or die; or that it keeps going if it's a hot topic.

For Mods I was thinking:

Anthony (of course) and since he is on the west coast

Boston_Aloha (me) since I am 8+ hours ahead of the East Coast and -6
behind (when in Hawaii)

Doublee and CKFresh since they seem to be online a lot and sometimes at different times (Although I could be wrong with that statement).

Mods would be able to say "next topic" if the thread has slowed down; or if it is dragging out for a couple days and becoming a shouting match between only a few people. One of the rules would be if a mod says "next topic" that mod CANNOT be the person to post the next topic. Someone else will have to.

I'm just thinking it would be nice to do this thread but keep the topic going for half a day or a whole day at most.

What do you guys/gals think? Any ideas? Also, Anthony, if we had your "blessing" since you are the NFL mod. And of cousre as I mentioned above if Marc is cool with this.

Doublee & Fresh, are you down with this? Or would you rather pass your "mod" position to someone else?

Also, anyone reading this besides Fresh, Anthony, Doublee... please feel free to make your suggestions or volunteer for a mod position. I think if we all work together we could make this a fun thread.
The whole point is to make this kind of like how it is on TV (with a time limit). We should have enough time to hear everyone's opinions and some rebuttals (I know we all want the last word too!!), but not stay too long on one subject dragging it out. Obviously since we are in different time zones we have to respect the fact that someone may post a topic and then go to bed for 6 hours, work for 8 hours, ect - so we need to give them time to get back and reply. Thats where the mods come in to make things fair.

Lets take a day or two to figure this out with rules and everything, and then when we have our set rules I'll start a thread "Buy or Sell" with those rules posted so that people will know how to play and what to expect.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

If Marc is on board with this, why not?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

Sounds good to me...

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #4
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

I think it sounds like a fun idea, and I like the idea of having a certain length of time before posters can begin jumping to another topic. That way we don't have several conversations on numerous topics all going at the same time.

How do we go about deciding who gets to make the next topic? Do we leave that up to any poster who is the first to post following the mods decision to move on with the thread?
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Yes Toby - First person to post a topic after the mod says "next topic". And remember, like I said, that mod cannot be the guy to post... it has to be someone else.

I was thinking it would be cool too... to have a mod step in maybe and say something like 3 more posts before next topic... (only if its starten to drag) kind of like on RTH when Tony R tells someone they have "the last word"... things like that to keep it interesting.

Anyone else have idea? Recommendations? ect??? Help me out here...

Last edited by boston_aloha; 12-20-2007 at 11:08 AM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Anyone else have idea? Recommendations? ect??? Help me out here...
Sell. :lol:
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #7
vandal_88
albert belle swagger.

vandal_88 is on a distinguished road

I buy the idea of a Buy & Sell thread.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Just waiting to hear back from Marc and I'll set this up. I'll PM him later if he doesn't jump into this thread.

Also, I haven't heard from Doublee... would anyone else like to volunteer as a Mod? Toby?? Mush??? Anyone....
Old 12-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Sounds good to me.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #10
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Sounds good to me.
My bad man... I didn't know if you were interested. I PM'd Marc so hopefully we'll hear back and get this rolling before the weekend :thumbsup2:
Old 12-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #11
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Roger that! Thanks bro...

Ok everyone - I'll get something up here tomorrow (its 10:30pm here).

Anyone have any rules or anything to add?