Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #61
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

BUY, I think Jacksonville is a near lock against a Parker-less Steelers team, and I like New York's chances against Tampa. Washington is a tough one because playing in Seattle is hard. I think San Diego wins at home. So that's two I am fairly confident in.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #62
777bandman
Sports Enthusiast

777bandman is on a distinguished road
Default Buy...

I think Jax has a great chance to pull it out at Pittsburgh, especially with the way they have been playing and how the Steelers have been stinking it up. Jax needs to control the ground though, in this game.
Washington has been the hottest team lately and they are in line for at least one playoff win, especially against the, at times, inconsistent Seahawks
777bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #63
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #64
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

BUY or SELL?

The perfect season of the Patriots will be forever tarnished by "Spy-Gate."

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #65
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh
BUY or SELL?

The perfect season of the Patriots will be forever tarnished by "Spy-Gate."
Sell.

Based on Bill Belichick being named Coach of the Year, it appears most of the media have already forgotten about "Spy-Gate," and if the New England Patriots win the Super Bowl, "Spy-Gate" will be a complete afterthought for fans who will have been glad to have witnessed a true piece of history accomplished by one of the greatest teams in NFL history (and let's be honest -- Spy-Gate played zero part in the Patriots' success this season).

Since the end of last year the NFL has had to deal with "Spy-Gate," as well as handle off the field problems with Adam "Pacman" Jones, Tank Johnson, Michael Vick and the unfortunate death of Sean Taylor. Frankly, the only positive news for the National Football League in 2007 was the remarkable season the New England Patriots had and the league needs to make sure that people remember it.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #66
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Well said Toby... I agree... However, I think it will always be mentioned. 20 years from now, when they talk about this season, they will bring it up, and in the minds of some people, that will be equated with cheating.

I do agree however, that that incident had no impact on their success.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #67
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Sell it as well simply because, as I have said before, I don't think the Belichick and the Pats are the only team out there doing sketchy things trying to get an edge. They just happened to get caught and I think a significant portion of the media realizes this. The fact that Jimmy Johnson's crew chief got hit with a 6 race suspension this year really has not done a lot to tarnish his Nextel Cup Championship.

As toby points out there is no proof that it had anything to do with their success and let us not lose sight of the fact that this happened in the first half of the first game of the year. I think if it had happened 10 games in then it would have brought the Pats down a peg.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #68
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I'm gonna SELL this one too....

I really have nothing more to add since Toby and Doublee covered the reasons why this should be a "sell".

I like to go to sportsline and espn message boards when there is an article about the Pats because it draws out the "haters" and get a kick out of what they say. For example, whne I read the Belichick COY story this morning I saw a few posts "COY = Cheater of the Year" and that stuff makes me laugh.

I think true NFL fans really understand what happened this season, and how remarkable going 16-0 in this day and age is.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #69
Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones is on a distinguished road

I'm selling this as well.
If spygate would have occurred in any other week besides week 1, I think things may have been different. The truth is, people are already forgetting about spygate. If the Patriots stay clean for the next 5 years, spygate will be forgotten, whether it should be or not.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #70
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Welcome aboard Mr. Jones!

Think Fresh.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #71
boston_aloha
FFB #2

NEXT TOPIC fellas....
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #72
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
NEXT TOPIC fellas....
Boston doesn't like this topic... it reminds everyone about the New England Cheatriots :lol:

(just messin' around bud).

NEXT TOPIC!

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #73
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Actually I could talk about the Pats all day bro!! That one got less than the usual attention and stalled for a day or two so I figured we may as well move on

Ok.... back to business...

BUY or SELL:
At least one of the Wildcard Winners has a serious chance of upseting the Patriots/Colts/Cowboys/Packers?

I'm gonna SELL this. As much as I want to give the Giants a chance of beating the Cowboys I just can't see it happening. I think the teams that secured the 1st round bye's are just so far ahead (talent-wise) of the other playoff teams.

I think Seattle loses in the rematch to Greenbay - although I am expecting a close game.

I think the Jaguars and Patriots will be tight for the 1st quarter, maybe 1st half and then the Pats will expload.

San Diego really struggled with the Titans for a while and without Antonio Gates they have no chance of beating the Colts.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #74
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

I'm going to BUY this one...

I think the Jags have a really good shot at pulling this one off. The Pats showed some weakness late in the season against teams much worse than the Jags. The Jags can control time of possession and keep the ball out of Brady's hands... The Jags were 6th in the NFL in scoring with 31 points a game so we all know that they can keep up with the Pats.

It will come down to a 4th quarter turnover... Who ever makes the mistake will lose.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #75
boston_aloha
FFB #2

But how do you explain the Jags NOT keeping up with the offense of Indy (twice) and New Orleans? Granted the Pats struggled a bit... but they still won. And everyteam has to struggle once or twice - to me, it was remarkable that the Patriots still pulled it off.

I have a feeling this game is going to be like the week 2 game between the Chargers and Pats. The Pats shut down LT and put the game in Rivers' hands... I could see them doing the same thing to Garrard.

Plus let us not forget that this one is at the Razor...