Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
The Running Man
Banned

The Running Man is on a distinguished road
Default Your College Game Day

Yesterday I attended the Virginia @ Duke football tailgate. After 4 hours of drunken insanity, I didn't even make it into the game. The strange thing is that I was in the majority in doing so.

I would like to hear your tales of tailgate and the game experience (If you even made it to the game).

I'll try to post my tale as I try to put the pieces of it together... though it may take a while or never happen.
The Running Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

I along with 5 or 6 friends were tailgating outside Raymnond James Stadium a couple of years back and I bet one of the guys who were partying next to us $100 the Bucs would win by at least 14 points....

Problem was we were tailgating for a USF Bulls game. But, I coughed up the C note after the game. I thought it was funny as hell when we walking inside and I see Green and Gold everywhere.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

When I attended Univ. of Kentucky when I was 18, I didn't really tailgate (or drink). Lame, huh? I did go to some games in the student section, though. Now my school, UNC Charlotte, has no football games, so all I've done is sneak some vodka into the basketball games. So no drunken tailgating stories for me. I do regret not having that in college. But I have plenty of time, and there's always the Panthers.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
Alex
#1 Student Section

Alex will become famous soon enough

Haha I've got this one covered....

Before the Illinois game this year I was tailgating pretty hard. I was so bad by the time we were heading into the stadium it's shocking they let me in to begin with and then let me stay considering I literally couldn't stand on the bleachers for the most part (I either fell down completely or had to put one foot behind me to keep balance every so often).

That's not the funniest part. After the game we get back to my room and we were gonna take some celebratory shots from a handle of vodka in my freezer. I open the freezer and it's gone, along with one of my shot glasses. So I'm convinced someone stole my vodka and text a bunch of people looking for it, nobody knows anything. So in the morning I'm woken up to a text from my friend saying it was in his room. I ask him how he got it out of my locked room. He says I gave it to him. Turns out I came back to the room before the game and gave it to him so he could have it with his girlfriend who had come up for the weekend. Apparently I blacked out, while awake, during the game. I remember the entire game, but not the 2-3 hours prior to it. I no longer drink heavily before games.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Running Man View Post
Yesterday I attended the Virginia @ Duke football tailgate. After 4 hours of drunken insanity, I didn't even make it into the game. The strange thing is that I was in the majority in doing so.
He was so hammered he didn't even realize that Duke was not playing Virginia that day. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

From what I have heard Duke is pretty notorious for having folks show up to tailgate and not even bothering to go to the games.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
Richard the Lionheart
Krenzel/Owen Wilson 2008

Richard the Lionheart will become famous soon enoughRichard the Lionheart will become famous soon enough

Does anyone else besides me like to enjoy the fleeting majesty of college football sober?

Getting drunk is for weddings and the workplace. I take my football in straight shots!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Running Man View Post

I would like to hear your tales of tailgate and the game experience (If you even made it to the game).

I'll try to post my tale as I try to put the pieces of it together... though it may take a while or never happen.

I've only been to two tailgates. One was "hineygate," (what OSU calls their tailgating shindig) when I was a student there, and the other was a couple of years ago at a University of Delaware game.

I was with a couple of friends, but it was mostly my FRIEND'S friends, so people I am just meeting for the first time.

We got there at 9AM, and around 9:30 I threw up on the pavement. I had only had one beer at that point, so it was just a matter of something not sitting right in my stomach.

What an introduction! Now they call me "pukey."

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard the Lionheart View Post
Does anyone else besides me like to enjoy the fleeting majesty of college football sober?

Getting drunk is for weddings and the workplace. I take my football in straight shots!
No, no no.

*Sigh

We have to make the college game just like the pros. That's the rule of law now.

Playoffs, get drunk, screw the bands, etc.

Take me for example:

Went to Columbus on Saturday. Instead of going to the Woody Hayes Center to check out the Heisman Trophies, Big Ten Trophies and other awards I sat in a taligate lot and b-itched about BYU's 1984 national championship cuz they beat a 6-5 Michigan team for the title. They had to hose me down cuz I was hysterical. Plus I threw a fit cuz they don't sell alcohol in the stadium. Pft.

Instead of going to see the Buckeye Grove where there is a buckeye tree for every All-American in OSU history, I downed a 24-pack of Miller cuz hell...the game I was about to watch wasn't going to decide a national champion.

Then, instead of going to see the Skull Session where the band pumps up the crowd at St. John's Arena...I bought myself a foam #1 finger and proudly announced "capitalism lives here!" (take on ESPN's mantra "college football lives here")

And finally, when the band came out to do Script Ohio pregame...I turned my back and b-itched about the game starting at 12:00 cuz it wasn't going to be at night and darkness is just soooooo cool!

On Sunday (also true) I went to the Browns game and sat in a half-empty sterile stadium with the drunks and watched a completely meaningless game.

Then I thought to myself...

HOT DAMN! I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE OHIO STATE EXPERIENCE IS JUST LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote