Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough
Default McCoy Coming Back

Colt McCoy has apparently told the Austin-American Statesman that he plans on returning for his senior season at Texas. No real surprise here as he is generally not seen as a top NFL prospect at this stage and would likely not be a first round pick if he came out.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

A report came out in the middle of the season as well that he was coming back for his senior season, but then a couple weeks later a report came out that he was going to try to see what his draft stock is, and then now I think he sees the writing on the wall that he's not going to be a top draft pick, or he really wants to try to win a national championship.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

It is probably a little bit of both. He probably figures that it is not worth unless he is going to be a #1 and he probably also figures his stock goes up if he can come back and replicate the season he just had and possibly win a National Championship.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

It should be interesting to see what Matthew Stafford (also a junior) does - and why is Stafford being completely ignored in Heisman discussions? Not that I'm saying he should actually win it ...
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Because in order to win the Heisman as a QB you either have to have numbers that are off the charts or have your team at the top of the rankings and Stafford has achieved neither this year. On top of that in the Dawgs two biggest games this year (Florida, 'Bama) he was awful to mediocre.

I am pretty sure Stafford will end up in the draft as everyone with an opinion on the matter seems to think he is the front runner to be the top pick and at the very least will be the top QB taken and likely be one of the top 3 or 4 guys taken.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #6
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post
Because in order to win the Heisman as a QB you either have to have numbers that are off the charts or have your team at the top of the rankings and Stafford has achieved neither this year. On top of that in the Dawgs two biggest games this year (Florida, 'Bama) he was awful to mediocre.
Actually, to win the Heisman in the BCS era you actually had to play in a BCS game or set the all-time rushing record for college football (Ricky Williams).

Well, up until last year when Tebow was simply given the award for no reason at all.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote