Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:21 PM   #16
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveox
Wanna Know the real truth about cops! Theyre not your typical Nice guys.Take a look here.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0206/306155.html

And get this.There was a cop who shot an unarmed man who was a soldier who came home from iraqi war. Cops are not very nice people,They never gave a **** about me nether, so why shoud i give a rats ass about them?
The first link states that the officer shot at the car WHEN IT WAS COMING TOWARDS HIM. Were you there? Did you see this happen? How can you judge something that the media has obviously put a spin on. It's not this guy went off on a shooting spree towards people that don't pay there frickin Ihop tabs. I'm in school right now training to be a police officer and we are told that we have to do whatever it takes to preserve life and save the lives of others.

Your just like everyone else that stereotypes all african-americans and all hispanics and middle eastern people. A few cops do a couple bad things and that's it...throw all the respect for them out the window. I hate how everyone (and yourself probably) jump all over an officer and harp on them when they make the wrong decision. I would have loved to see you out there waving a badge and a gun and asking people to "stop in the name of the law" when they are driving a car right at you. Cops don't have time to sit back and think in an office chair and wonder how to approach a situation. You have to figure out what's going on and how to solve a situation in a matter of seconds.

ANOTHER THING, You should give a rat's a$$ about cops because they are the ones out there helping ungrateful people out like you every day. boston_aloha said it best, you would be crying to if you were ever in trouble and needed help from an officer. I'll make sure though that i tell my police buddies to add your name to the HUGE list that cops carry around saying "DO NOT HELP THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE".

I 4th -1 millionth vote on banning you from the board. pay your fine and learn to READ ROAD SIGNS.

PS: Cops don't just pick on anyone, maybe you should stop putting yourself in situations of breaking the law and THEN cops would leave you alone.

Fav Teams:
Tennessee Titans
LA Lakers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Old 03-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #17
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans100
I'm in school right now training to be a police officer and we are told that we have to do whatever it takes to preserve life and save the lives of others.
Best of luck to you Titan! When do you graduate?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #18
Titans100
Vince Young ROY

Titans100 is on a distinguished road

Thank you boston, I have about 2.5 years left so i'm looking at maybe 2008-2009, it doesn't matter to me, i am enjoying every minute of learning all the in and outs! I couldn't picture doing anything else with my life.

Fav Teams:
Tennessee Titans
LA Lakers
Pittsburgh Pirates
Old 03-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #19
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Cool... I was accepted to the Honolulu Academy after I got out of the service (me and my brother were both accepted), however, I was selected for the Missile Defense Agency instead and left before it actually started. My brother went on and graduated last June. He LOVES it, and LOVES his job (which not many people can say IMO).
So I understand when you say "you can't picture anything else"... thats awesome dude!

Last edited by boston_aloha; 03-03-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #20
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

steveox, for you:
1. http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/13888962.htm
2. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...602090535/1005
3. http://www.humboldtnews.com/news/200...Page/0100.html
4. http://www.erstarnews.com/2006/Febru...erhonored.html

And to the international level:
1. http://www.shanghaidaily.com/art/200...from_ditch.htm
Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #21
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Oh sure Jay, cops may be heroes who put themselves in incredibly dangerous situations and save lives, but d*mn it, they owe steveox $115! Isn't it kind of obvious that treachery they've committed against him far outweighs the good that they do? If you think not, I'm sorry but you're just being biased.

P.S. Kevin's rule of message boardery #1: Never do homework/legwork for the sake of a troll/crazy guy who's not worth trying to argue with.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #22
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Good points KB... I was thinking the same thing. But then again, its not too often I can threaten someone with an Atomic Weggie!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #23
steveox
Banned

steveox is on a distinguished road

RED MEANS STOP
YELLOW MEANS YIELD
GREEN MEANS GO
This Applys to Cops too

This also Applys to Cops

This also Applys to Cops It doesnt mean for you to drive 50 or 55 or even 60.

This is not a license to break the laws.Or Beat up on Rodney King

GET IT!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #24
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans100
Thank you boston, I have about 2.5 years left so i'm looking at maybe 2008-2009, it doesn't matter to me, i am enjoying every minute of learning all the in and outs! I couldn't picture doing anything else with my life.
Thanks for the heads up now I have time to plan my move to Canada. :lol:
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #25
steveox
Banned

Look all i need is at least my $100 back,For example if 4 people send me $25 ill be satisfied.If 5 people here send me $20 ill be satisfied.Then i promise i wont ever put a curse or gripe about cops ever again.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #26
jhuerbin88
Sports guy

jhuerbin88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Look all i need is at least my $100 back,For example if 4 people send me $25 ill be satisfied.If 5 people here send me $20 ill be satisfied.Then i promise i wont ever put a curse or gripe about cops ever again.
So, what you're really trying to say is you're a scammer. Claiming to put a curse on cops and thinking that we'll actually believe your BS. Must have sounded like a good plan in the 4th grade, but people aren't as dumb as you...er...as you think. So, it's time you pack your things, your ideas, your thoughts, and your Raven pride and take a hike because we're tired of listening to you crude - and rude - comments.

So, I finish with this:

True, not all cops are good, but 99.9999999% of the time they're trying to SERVE and PROTECT you, yes you. High beams might not be blinding you directly, but when that car crashes into you because they couldn't see, you'd be begging for help. THus, that cop was trying to help you. And are you that fed up that you can't get over a $115 fine? Jeez, I'm by no means rich - I'm a frickin' high school senior - but I can get over a $115 fine if I was given to.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #27
steveox
Banned

Well they never protected me cause i was mugged and robbed down in baltimore back in 1984 comming back from an orioles game.My house got broken into and robbed back in 1991.my Car was stolen in 1996. So what good are cops? The law says you cant take the laws into your own hands.But look at muslim nations in the middle east.Theyre no cops in IRAN,Yemen,Lebenon or in syria.Youre your own judge,jury and executioner.Look at Bernard Goetz who shot 4 teenagers on a NY Subway who were trying to rob him.Cause hes been mugged 3 times in NYC and hes tired of it.He sent a message to the crooks in NYC and sent a message to NYPD.If youre not gonna do your jobs,Were do it for you.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:09 AM   #28
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Steveox,

Thank you for the interesting thread. I can personally identify with you in that I also carry a mistrust of cops due to observations I made while growing up.

However, I believe you have made your point and there's really no point in obsessing about this topic further on a sports board, right?
Perhaps on a police-oriented message board, this topic might stir up greater debate... What do you say?
Old 03-04-2006, 05:53 AM   #29
steveox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndo
Steveox,

Thank you for the interesting thread. I can personally identify with you in that I also carry a mistrust of cops due to observations I made while growing up.

However, I believe you have made your point and there's really no point in obsessing about this topic further on a sports board, right?
Perhaps on a police-oriented message board, this topic might stir up greater debate... What do you say?
Create one then
Old 03-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #30
Chris C2
Ladies drink free!

Chris C2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The law says you cant take the laws into your own hands.But look at muslim nations in the middle east.Theyre no cops in IRAN,Yemen,Lebenon or in syria.Youre your own judge,jury and executioner.
I've encountered many idiots in my day, but steveox, you take the cake. Are you seriously suggesting we should be more like Iran??? You do know that if this were Iran you'd have been executed by now for your criticism of a governmental branch?
Closed Thread