Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Collegiate Sports Discussion > College Football

Old 10-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Going to my first Cocktail Party

I have been fortunate to see Georgia play every team in the SEC, save for Florida, and it seems like every year, the chance to go never arises. Work, health, etc have kept me from going. Last night, i received a belated b-day present. Two tix to see the game in Jacksonville! I am ecstatic still, even though i am sure i am going to a see a loss. If not, I will be posting pictures of me and the scoreboard sunday or monday.
Dublin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

Awesome! I should be watching ... in high-def finally. Have yourself a good time, and don't get into too many fights with Gator fans.
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #3
HibachiDG
Sports Virtuoso

HibachiDG is on a distinguished road

Who decided those Gator uniforms were a good time?

Virginia Tech was wearing those debacles too this week. Have they been doing this the entire season?
HibachiDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Graham

Virginia Tech was wearing those debacles too this week. Have they been doing this the entire season?
I don't think VT has been wearing them all year, but I liked 'em. I can see how a Penn State minimalist would not...

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein
KevinBeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #5
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Graham
Who decided those Gator uniforms were a good time?

Did anyone else catch the awful unis the 'Canes were sporting today? They looked like the freakin' Baylor Bears out there. On top of that they changed the helmets and took the trademark U off the helmet in favor of what appears to be two red flags, but I honestly could not really tell what the logo was supposed to be on the helmet. Just fugly looking.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #6
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
they changed the helmets and took the trademark U off the helmet in favor of what appears to be two red flags, but I honestly could not really tell what the logo was supposed to be on the helmet. Just fugly looking.

The "red flags" are the flags raised when a hurricane warning has been issued for a certain area. One flag=tropical storm, two flags=hurricane. the uni's were throwbacks (from the 60's I think) but, they were truely ugly. They need to throw those back to where nobody can find them. As for the Va Tech/Gators jerseys, they were a one time deal with Nike, some new "cooling fabric.

Dublin Mike, I was there too. It's a atmosphere you will never forget. I'm sure you had a good time anyways. Are you still going to be posting pictures of the scoreboard?:banana: :cheers: :bow:
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #7
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Dublin Mike has a spectacular aura aboutDublin Mike has a spectacular aura about

i do have some good pics, but i had to take em w/a disposable cause i left our camera at home.

Yeah, the atmosphere was great, but i almost got into a UGA fan sitting behind me, who wouldn't stop screaming obscenities at UF. Right in my ear. Wasn't pretty.

Cripes, what bad play calling on Richts part. Mush, on the last drive, i told the guy sitting next to me we couldn't run the QB draw again. The defense had figured that out and was stuffing it every play. And what does Richt do on 3rd and 11? Runs the QB sneak. Dumbass playcalling. I wonder when people are gonna realize it isn't necessarilly Richt's offensive schemes that have won UGA so many games during his tenure, more so the defensive coordinator's schemes that keep them going strong.

2 weeks ahead of time, but i am predicting a UGA loss at home vs Auburn, thus handing the SEC east to the Gators.

Mush, where were you sitting? I was 228 row cc seat 5.

Oh Mush, one last thing. You know if #3 is in the game, we pick you guys apart. (I have to figure some kind of excuse )
Old 10-30-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
themush
Banned

Mike, 113 r 9, we were in the west lot "pre-gaming". Thank God, Shockly doesn't play. It would have been a different game with him in there. I hope you're right with UGA losing to Auburn. I guess this weeks game with Vandy doesn't scare anyone any longer.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
Dublin Mike
Hating Gators since 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush
I guess this weeks game with Vandy doesn't scare anyone any longer.

I'm thinking this wasn't the case going into OT

dammit, Vanderbilt almost handed the East to UGA last night.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
themush
Banned

I was getting sick watching that game last night. Thank God we won. Mike, I'll be screaming WAR EAGLE this weekend, hope you understand.